How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

My bride's in-car subscription lapsed after a CC# change, and we had previously been paying ~$108/6 months for the Select package. I used the number on this site to call in and see about a renewal. The rep first offered the $89/year option for Select, but after I inquired, she was glad to offer me $25 Select or $50 All Access ( taxes & fees) for the 6 mo term. She even waived the ~$30 'balance due' from the time after my renewal failed to go through on the old CC#. This will renew at ~$135/6 months automatically, and she stressed that if that was too high I should call back before the renewal. It took about 15 minutes for the entire conversation, and as some here have noted, I think being nice to the rep helps a bit. She was really nice and helpful. Thanks to the other folks who posted their experience here!

Got 5 months for $21.95 incl tax/fees, called 3/10/15. My subscription expires 4/10 but with this deal and saying I was going to cancel (then hold, then 'supervisor), I'll take it. Have to call back in early Sept-- but last deal was $109 total for 1 year so this is better.

Just got my renewal, called the number above and asked for the 6 month Sirius select for $25 got it then asked for in our other vehicle, which has not had Sirius active for a couple years, got the $25 rate for it too.... saved so much ..thanks Rep was very nice !!!!

Any suggestions for a lifetime subscriber, who wants to add another service to another car? Thanks for your help

I just got a 1 year subscription for $89. I called the number on the Sirius website and they couldn't do anything for me. I called the number listed above and got the discount.

PLEASE tell us what plan you got......not just the price. 75% of these comments are useless without this info!

Great video, it works great. I just told the service rep what I would pay and it was a done deal.

I just called and got the 5 months for $25 deal, explained to the rep that I was looking to save money because I was unemployed (that's true) and she hooked me right up. Because I was paid up until the 22nd, I got a refund on that payment and after taxes and fee I only paid $26.20 for 5 months of XM radio. Thanks for the help!

Wow!!!! Just called and said I want the 25$ for six month deal and got it, simple as that.

I got the 5 months for $25 for XM Select and included Nav traffic for $8. Total $36.80 incl fees and taxes and a credit.

Called 866-635-2349. Told agent that service was due to renew, are there any specials? She offered me 5 months at $20 taxes & fees minus a prorated amount for total of $22.32 OR $89 for one year. Choose the 5 month plan. I do this same thing every 5 months, which while a hassle, is totally worth it. I have never had problems with their agents, but I am polite and make it as a request, not a demand. I'm pleased.

They just told me there are no 'specials' today so I told them I would go ahead and cancel service. They said they could offer me 4 months for over $60 and I said 'No Thanks, I want 5 Months for $20'. She told me that wasn't an option today, but they would waive the requirements 'just for me' today. LOL

Called the number and was told must renew at 200 for a year. No other offer. Told them about this and would not honor it. Hung up, redialed and talked to different person and quickly had the 89/yr rate added taxes.

Took a couple of transfers but eventually got the Select package for 5 months at $20 plus taxes and fees. Had to use the 'cancel' word once or twice though. This is the 2nd time I've had to jump through these hoops to renew but it works.

Called the number above, told them I didn't plan to renew due to cost. Was offered 5 months for $28.46 including taxes. Asked about longer terms, was offered $89/year plus taxes. Opted for one year, added internet listening for $3/mo, total $136 including taxes. Could have saved a little bit by calling back every 5 months, but it's worth the extra $20 or so to put it off a year.

3/13/2015 Just called 866-635-2349 and requested a lower renewal cost for my XM subscription. Was offered $89 for 1 year. Nice!

Called 18886016296 (Sirius # listed on website) and selected option 3 (cancel service). Told them that I couldn't afford current rate and would like to see about getting a lower rate. Offered $89/yr with auto renewal. ($100.81 after taxes). Probably could have saved more, but is was $100 off my current rate, so I was ok with that. Put calendar notice on my phone and will do the same next year.

Thanks Spoofee! I just renewed mine for $89 plus taxes and other nonsense which brought the total to just under $111. I'm a happy boy!

Back