How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I just canceled in under 5 minutes with no problem by pulling the following BS.

'I need to cancel my service as I am selling my car. My wife's car, which will be our only vehicle, has a separate life-time subscription with internet that we use.' They can't offer you anything you already have (or they think you have).

Just paid $89 for another year!! The telephone number above gets you right to a rep and it was so easy!! In years past I have had to fight for a better price, usually over a few calls. Thanks for sharing!!!

7 minutes and 30 seconds on the phone:
Me: I need to renew
Katy: If you don't get a promotion what will you do?
Me: Cancel subscription
Katy: I can offer you 1 year normally $179 for $89/year
Me: A friend just got 6 months for $25
Katy: I can offer you the same promotion you currently have of 5 months for $25
Me: I want the deal my friend got of 6 months for $25.
Katy: Ok, I can do that.
Total amount after fees taxes is $29.33. Good for another 6 months.

Just got 6 months for $25 with fees for a total of $27.59 (I am in California so not sure if that is why the fees are lower). I did have to explicitly say 'I am going to cancel' before he would give me that rate.

Boom! It was that easy....$89.00 a year for each radio using the above phone number

Auto-renewed for $204.88, but I have been calling and getting the $89/yr price every year for 6 years. This time I mentioned the $25 / 5 months deal and the CSR said he could do that or the $89/yr again. I opted for the $25 deal this time.

I tried to do a Chat on XM's website and get my rate plan changed. That was useless. I then called the number above, someone answered right away. He asked if the reason I wanted to cancel was my rate, I said yes. He put me on hold for 5 seconds and offered me the $89 rate (plus taxes/royalties). I took it because I don't want to have to think about renewing for another year. This was the fastest they have ever answered the phone! Thank you for this site.

Nice, that worked great, called to cancel saying the prices were too high and got the $89 rate.

Subscription was coming due in a few days. I had the 5 mo/$25 special. Checked to see if there were any other specials or if I needed to look at cancelling the service. Representative offered me the 5 months special again or a year for $89. Took the 5 months as I don't mind calling them.

WOW! Just hung up with the rep. He gave me $25 per vehicle for 6 months. Tax & other fees totaled $32.59 x 2 vehicles = $65.18. My original invoice was $351.44 for 12 months. ($175.72 for 6 months) Saved $110.54 NOT BAD for a 7 minute conversation!

Offered 6 mo @ $30 fees for Select plan or $80 fees for 1 yr. Even though short term was better deal, I just didn't want to go through it again in 6 mo so took the 1 yr offer. The 'fees' however kill you ($80 fees = $118.23)

I just tried twice - 2 different reps - first one said she couldn't give me the $25/6 mos deal - they only accept savings if I got an email or a letter from them. 2nd rep said the same thing when I tried to get the $89/yr deal. I'm cancelling my subscription entirely tomorrow.

Just did it too, for the 'Select package', $101.XX. All fees included. The number above did get you to a rep quickly. Check which plan you REALLY want on their website. Then be patient, and keep saying you can afford that. They will 'check on your account', then after a 2 to 3 minute 'hold' they will give you the 'introductory rate'. (Which is 50% off). Good luck!!

Slap Shot. Score! I was looking at $204.00 for renewal. Got the rep to agree to the $89.00 one year deal. With fees it was 101.37. That was what I paid last year. It was bold of them to try to double my fees for the renewal. It did not work. $89.00 should be the standard.

Just got the 12 mth - deal. Didn't want to go through the hassle of calling back in 6 mths. thanks!

Back