How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called to renew Select but told them $180 ($205 with fees) was too expensive and that I would have to cancel. Very helpful CSR quickly offered me the $89 deal for 1 year ($101.37 with fees). The $25 deal for 6 months is obviously better, but I prefer not to have to do this every 6 months so I went with the 1 year.

called and was blunt... I want to renew at my current price ($89/yr) or cancel because of the alternatives (pandora, itunes, etc.) that are free. almost immediately agreed to give the 50% off promo.. came to $104 with taxes/fees. took all of 5 minutes. easy!

I just did this also. I mentioned it and immediately was given the offer. Only got the Select plan though not all access.

My call took 6m58sec to get the 89.00 deal for 1 year..now will call and try to get the 5 month deal on the other car.

spoke with rep on telephone. current subscription is due for renewal at $218..nope, too expensive. Asked to renew at the rate of $24.99/6 mos. He asked if i received email or letter...said email. I was put on hold for a minute, rep came back and gave me requested rate without a problem. Total: $27.89 for 6 mos/Sirius Select. 1-800-967-2346

5 month deal for $27.73. I was able to renew both of our radios at that rate. Nicole was a great CSR and she had me completed in under four minutes! Record time

At first the rep tried to downgrade my package and I said that I wanted the same package. Once I said that I would cancel if I did not receive a lower fee, he magically offerred the same deal as last year...$89 plus taxes and fees prorated for remaining time on last year's contract. So my final cost was $92.59 for the year.

I just got the 1/2 off Select Pakage for one year. The first rep (Jackie) only offered to reduce the subscription by $25. I told her I wanted to cancel. I was forwarded to Mike and he offered the 1/2 off promotion immediately. I have been able to get this price since 2011. Why can't they just reduce the subscription price instead of making us call and dance with them every year?

Just called to renew my $25 for 5 months subscription. The sales representative first tried to upsell me to 1) $89 for 1 year (which comes out to $7.42/mo). When I asked again about the $25 for 5, she then tried to upsell me to $45 for 6 months ($7.50/mo). I assured her that I wanted the same deal that I normally have, and she put me on a short hold and confirmed that the $25 for 5 months deal is still available. It came out to $28.28 after fees and ends 5 months from now. Entire call took 7 minutes. Thanks, Spoofee!

I just renewed for half price. I've been doing this for years. I'm not really sure why they don't just charge less in the first place, I guess there's folks who just pay it. Full price is just way too much, especially if there are multiple radios involved.

I just got a rate of $20 for 5 months plus fees for a total cost of $24.51. It was difficult to understand a lot of what he said so I am assuming he was in India. It was completed fairly painlessly.

Just got 6 months for total of $28.46. No tax, no invoice fee. Been doing this for 3 years. Just say you will cancel if they won't renew for same package. I usually have to go back and forth a bit, like buying a car, but this time was pretty easy.

I just got 29.99 for six months (4.99 month). I got the same rate on both my vehicles and paid $62.09 including taxes total. It only took 10 minutes on the phone...they do speak pretty fast and it is hard to understand sometimes but just keep asking for the rate you want and they will do it for you.

Just got the 6-month 'All Access package' for $49.99 plus tax and fees for a total of $64.92. This includes ALL Sirius/XM channels on the car radio plus 6 months of on-line listening (Internet radio). It will automatically renew for another 6 month 'All Access package' for $129.65 if I don't call and cancel before the 6 month period ends. Just politely say that you are going to cancel and would like a better deal like this one or any of the others mentioned below.

Just got my $28.49 - 5 month deal. Thanks spoofed.com...It took a few calls but it was worth it to me. I was unable to get the renewal rate the same. So in 5 months I'll call again. Thanks again for your help and also the YouTube guy👍

I just called and asked to renew at lower package and customer rep said it would be more than what I paid last year for bigger package - crazy so I told him just to cancel it. He didn't have a problem. Hopefully I'll get special deal in the mail, even though the customer rep said he doubted I'd get ever get another one.

Followed the instructions above and continued to ask for the $89/year rate each time the CSR gave me a higher rate. Finally said 'do I need to cancel my sub and then reapply for their deals' He then put me on hold and came back with the $89 rate. He even gave me credit for the unexpired portion of my last years higher rate bringing my total for next year down to $83.35. The renewal amount for next year was stated as $206 something so looks like I will need to call again next year.

Just called to cancel my plan because I was set to pay $226 for All Access. Was immediately offered to renew for 1 yr at $119 plus fees. Considered going down to Select for 1 yr at $89 but still listen to Howard and NFL games.

Back