How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Gone through this! The last time my subscription was close to the due date they charged my credit card $110 for 6 months. Called and what a hassle!! I finally agreed to $34 for 6 months and was to get a credit of $78. Actually got a credit of $55. Don't know where that came from?? I disputed the original charge of $110 with my Citicard. 30 days later I got a refund of $65.00 to my card with a letter explaining that I had already received a partial refund!! Seems Sirius is totally concentrating on selling!! The final result is that I got all my money back and my subscription date didn't change.

Citibank credit card has a feature available on their website that will issue you a one time use credit card number and allow you to set the maximum charge allowed. I immediately changed my card number to the one time use card with Sirius with a maximum charge of $32 allowed. Now they can't charge me more than $32 for a renewal.

My 3 month trial was over today. I've been getting notices in the mail for $29.94/6 months of Select. I called the number above and mentioned the $25/6 months for Select deal. I was put on hold, and she told me that was fine. Total with fees was $28.46.

I have 2 radios (1st annual / 2nd quarterly) with service and the auto renewal pushed the price to over $350 annually for both. Called to cancel and was given both for $89 per year plus tax. Its a shell game with Sirius XM that you have to call 2 different departments to get this pricing. I also cancelled my Satellite Weather / Traffic feature at it was about useless in my area. I did get a full $45 annual credit on this feature.

My subscription expires in Feb. I was sent a notice that my credit card would be charged $204 to continue with the select package for another year. I called and spoke to a rep who told me there were no promotions that could be offered at this time. I then said that I would like to cancel my service because I wasn't going to pay over $204 to renew. I thanked her for her time and was about to hang up the phone when the rep said 'i just found this new promotion and I could renew my subscription for 1 year at a cost of $89.00 but I had to let them charge my credit card today and in return I would receive credit on my account for $16.31 because I was renewing a month early. Total payment due $72.69 for an annual contract. (Select Package)

Just reactivated service. Got email for 5mo for $20 with no activation fee, all channels. Ttl $24.36 for 5 months. No hassle, took less than 5 minutes. I just mentioned i got an email for that offer and she said 'no problem.'

Thanks to all for your comments. They were nice and provided the $89/yr deal. I agree that they should give old customers the best deal going, but you can bet that they make LOTS of money on those who don't check for a better rate.

Just called and they offered the $89 plus tax/fees ($120) without my asking! Had expired a week ago. THANKS for the info!

Mentioned the $25/5 month deal (said i received an email) and she tried to up-sell me to the $89/year, but honored the $25 deal.

There is actually a better deal than the $89.00 year. It's $24.99 plus taxes (comes to $30-$31 dollars) for six months. I've gotten this every time I've renewed for the last several years. They start out at $79.00 per year, then they give you the $24.99 deal. Very easy. No coupon codes or special referrals needed. Be polite and you'll get it!

I've read on other websites where people complain that the customer service is horrible and they overcharge, etc. I've NEVER had this problem. To the contrary, I've always talked to a very nice customer service rep. I politely insist on the $24.99 for six months and get it EVERYTIME!

just now 5 mo. tax included $37.77 because I was 6 days over renewal date. Would not honor 5 mo. for $20.00. Better than 3 mo. for $46.66. But still not a deal.

Just renewed my subscription for siriusxm select package for one year at exactly $100. (Includes tax and royalty fee). No hassle. If you pay by credit card, you may want to use one that expires within a year just in case you forget about the automatic subscription renewel notice.

My call took a total of 7m35sec to obtain the $24.99 for 6 months deal for XM Select. They attempted to extend me the offer of keeping my then current rate of $89/year. The representative did not push too hard which I appreciated and indicated they 'respected my choice' regardless. Nice script. The only downside to this is that I would have to be on top of my 6 months or else the renewal rate is $102.42.

Back