How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I just went to their website and found a link for returning customers. I logged in with my account # and radio ID and was offered 5 months for $19.99 tax for a total of $25.43. Might be the best deal yet. No need to call or haggle.

Just called to cancel my $204.88 annual renewal and was immediately offered the $89/year deal which I declined and was then offered $25 for 6 months which I accepted. Will cancel again in 6 months unless offered the same terms. Entire call lasted 7 minutes! Thanks for the tip Spoofee!

Yes.....it worked! I am so grateful for all of the posts. I received a bill for 356.14 for two years. Yikes! 25 for 6 months. Cannot beat it. Plus they have taken away a few if my channels and shows which is a bummer.

I called and used the cancel number from the XM web site 1-866-635-5020. Told them I wanted to cancel both radios. They immediately offered 1 year at half price at just under $100/radio. Told them I saw the 6 months at $25. Got put on hold. Came back and gave me that deal on both radios. Already set my calendar reminder to call 7 days prior to 'cancel' again :o)

I just called and renewed my subscription for 89 a year taxes/fees which ended up being 105. That's a great deal!

I had called a few weeks ago to see what deal they could give me because they said I was a 'Loyal Listener' and the number listed was 888-346-9244. The discounted rate was around $160 and Jack would not give me a lower rate, so I said I would call back later. I called 888-601-6302 today and said I wanted to cancel because my renewal rate of $204.88 was too high. Carly was very nice and offered me $89 for the year, so I agreed. I will call this number again next year and thanks for the advise!

WOW, thanks so much! I was Auto Renewed at $219.22, (1 radio for 1 year). I called the number on their website (866-635-5020) asking to cancel, the rep immediately offered me the $89 deal and refunded my credit card the difference without asking. Every little bit helps this day and age! Thanks!

I called at got the 6 months for 25 for a new customer, $28.46 with taxes and fee. The renewal in 6 months is reportedly $89.94, $102.44 including taxes and fees. I will call back before then to try to change the rate. Thank you!

Is this $25/5 months deal for Select Service or All Access? My renewal on 1 car was $223.73 and was the old premium plan and he would not back down. Then offered second car for 30% off and it was like $398 a year for two on All Access, yikes!. Apparently Select is just mostly music doesn't talk, NFL, etc. I called the 888.601.6296 number from their website. He said the very basic plan was $9.99 tax & fees and that was the lowest he could offer.

I was so upset. I've been a subscriber since 2006. I tried to renew early in December, thinking I would get a discount. Prices actually went up (for the 2nd year in a row). After speaking to the regular customer service # and realizing they couldn't do anything, I found this post. THANK YOU! The rep at this # renewed me at $89 for the year and refunded the difference I paid in December. I'm a happy subscriber again!

I was auto billed $204.82 yesterday for a 1 year renewal. I called (866-635-5020) and told them that if I could not get a lower price I wanted to cancel my service. I was offered a 6 month deal Ha Ha for get this $112.00 . I said no way that that deal was more than what I was charged so he said hold for a minute while I cancel your service and that is what they did. I have a friend who has been paying $20.00 every 5 months for about 3 years now. I guess it depends on who answers.

I was auto billed for a total of $102.44 for the 6 month Sirius Select package. To get around the auto renewal, I previously used my CITI Bank Master Card because I can generate virtual numbers online and they can't be used at auto renew time to charge me.

I called 888-601- 6302 and told the CR that I wanted to cancel because the service was too expensive. I was offered the $89 deal for 1 year and I declined. I told the CR that I didn't want to commit to a 12 month period and asked if there were any 6 month offers available. She put me on hold briefly and came back with a 6 month offer, total price $30.16. This was exactly what I was looking for so I accepted. I just have to remember to play this game again at the end of July this year.

I took your advice and called 888-601-6302. Told them that I've been a customer for nearly 10 years and I was disappointed about the rate increase and wanted to cancel. He renewed me at the $89 deal! I was set to pay the $205. Thanks so much!

I have 2 accounts, (One for $204.88) and the other at ($136.54)
After calling the number and speaking to customer service, They would NOT offer me a discounted rate OR give me to a supervisor. I requested both accounts be terminated. WHY give different rates to different customers? I have been a loyal customer for over 5 years and never made a late payment.........

Called about new bill being much higher than previous, after quick review, I was immediately offered previous deal on each car (2) which was 32.93 on each inclusive of taxes and royalty for Sirius Select (140 channels). Number called 888-601-6302 I will be billed since they didn't save the card number (at my request) 66.48 on each car, of course I will call again for the $32 rate.

UGH........I hate dealing with these people. Refused to give me the 6 for $25 tax included, instead offered me the 5 for $25 plus tax. Plus an extra $6 for the extra week past my expiration date. Got some guy whom I could barely understand with a heavy accent plus he had the microphone so close to his mouth that it 'whooshed' when he talked. Plus he got rather rude to me because he wanted me to say 'send me an invoice', which I had told him several times, and then asked for a CC. Told him that I was not going to give him a credit card and to send me an invoice. I had to actually say, 'yes I agree to an invoice for a total of XX. Really???? If you spoke clear English maybe I would have understood you the first couple of times! I hardly use the car anymore and really only for long trips, but that's what I like it for. So guess I have to make sure to call ahead next time. I also complained to him that I didn't understand why everyone is getting different offers. Even mentioned the Retail Me Not and Offers.com codes and he refused to take them.

Just reduced a $524.79 bill for 2 years for 2 vehicles, to $202 for 1 year total for both vehicles. That was $405.60 for 1 vehicle for the 2 years, and $119 for the other. Crazy invoice. Don't get their math. Oh, and it had a $49 Radio Service Fee. Nice.

Anyway, I did call the 888-601-6302 number and said, honestly, I can't afford $520 for listening to your service. She immediately came back with the $89 rate. I didn't push for a 6 month rate. She also waived a $19.19 charge for one month for one of the vehicles that had already 'started' its subscription.

Just got off the phone with a very nice lady rep. Told her I don't want to pay the higher rate of $51.22 for 3 months Select package. She immediately offered me the $89/year or to continue my introductory deal of $20 taxes for 5 months. I took the latter. Short and sweet 5 minutes episode. Wishing you all the same experience.

Called 888-601-6302. Got the $89.00 a year. Taxes and fees not included. Total came to $101.37

Back