How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I have a month to go for my renewal and the renewal bill of $204.88 came in the mail. Wow!! So, I called them and asked them for the same annual fee as last year, $89 tax. Nice lady was happy to give me the $89/year. Total coast came to with one month credit, $95.85. ****** Make sure, they DON'T save your credit card on file for auto renewal. ******. I've been doing this for couple of years now. Just set yourself a reminder.

So I called up and got some ruse guy that said he couldn't do anything so I hung up and called back and got a female which I advised of the $25 for 6 months and she gave it to me no problem. Lol thanks guys.

The $89/year deal worked for me; thank you! $108 out the door with taxes & fees. The package is normally $156 for 140 channels.

I just called for the second time today. The first rep. would not budge, even when I said I would have to CX. Called back, and the rep. was willing to work with me. When she was offering a low enough price, I said I would have to CX. She said they wanted to keep me as a customer and offered another year at the $89 promotional rate before taxes. Total $100.91 for a year. Yay!!!!!

I got them down to $72 with taxes and fees included for a whole year. I also had them eat the last month where the account was lapsed. Thank you for this tip. What a rip off if you pay full price. I almost did just to not have to deal with them.

I just called and two reps told me two different things, one acknowledged my kindness advised me to call back after my trail version ends (I currently have a trial version) and ask for the $25 tax inclusive deal and another call placed right after the rep told me it was a deal for 2014 and even so no tax, there would be a music loyalty fee add to it (for everyone) so he is even puzzle how anyone can get $25 for six months tax included. So, I am thinking if I should wait until trial ended and call or else...

Just hung up the phone and I rec'd the $25 for 6 months but I did have to speak with 2 different people before I rec'd the rate. While they were 'checking what deals were available' for me I did a Google search of Sirius xm for cheap and that's where I found the $25/6 months...Thanks!!

I got 6 months renewal for $25 which came to $32.23 after taxes and fees.
Coupon code 36WUWOCL.

just tell them that you would cancel at the start of the call and you will be transfered to department where discounted rates will be offered..insist on canceling dont listen to other plans they offer and will save you the hassle..if that rep gives you a hard time..get back by answering a survey with a lowest grade

Had to call twice. First rep wanted me to switch to music only - 80 channels for $10/month. Second call got me the $89/year, same as last year.

I take the calling in every 6 months for the 25 fee as part of the Sirius Experience, lol.

I never have any issues and the call is over in less than 10 minutes.

I simply state I want to cancel. I cannot afford the annual fee of 200 . I always get offered the 89 fees for 1 year first. I say no thank you I need to cancel. Next I get the 25 offer.

I always use a virtual number from credit card to avoid the auto renew issue.

This was perfect! I called in today with out this info and they just tried to down grade my level of service. But when I tried this it worked with no issues. It was the $89 plus a royalty fee so around $97 for the year. Much cheaper than the 16/month i've been paying. Thanks!!

Called and took just under 10 minutes. I was already on the 5 months for $20 fees/taxes for my car XM Select plan. Told her the cost was too high and she said she could offer me the same plan I was on for 5 more months or do the 12 months for $89. Told her the 5 months. This is the third consecutive time I've received this promotion. Don't mind calling every 5 months to save ~65% off the renewal price.

The first person with whom I spoke was fabulously unhelpful ... I had an automatic renewal for over 400$ for two years, and I asked for a deal since we had another radio and had been loyal customers for years. No go. Not even a glimmer of interest. Thanks to your blog I called back and tried again, and noted that I was thinking of cancelling. This time the rep was very helpful and gave me ... the $89 per year deal for both autos with credit for the unused portion of the previous program. Thanks!

I called, told them I was interested in changing my plan to the XM Select for 6 months for $25 or $30. The rep said sure, it's actually $27. After 8 minutes of us randomly talking about the bad winter weather and him confirming everything, my plan was changed.

I didn't have to threaten to cancel or anything.

Back