How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got a better deal than my $202 invoice. Call to cancel but mentioned others getting an offer for $89. After taxes and fees the total came out to $121. Last year I paid 107 total. I mentioned I won't pay more than what I paid previously. It was agreed. So the short story is, call to cancel and tell them what you'll pay.

Worked like a charm - dropped rate from $108 for 6 month renewal to $25 for 5 months. Such a shame they don't just offer this break to subscribers without the 'smoke & mirror' routine.

Just be honest and I agree with that, if you can't afford to pay for your luxury to use the SiriusXM radio service just be true to your self and stop stressing all people from Customer Service they are also human that get hurt when you told them a lot of profane words..

Works great!! My annual agreement is up on 1/22. First call to get better rate at different CS # was a dead end. No flexibility at all no matter what I said. Did better last year so found this number and called . Got a great deal within a few minutes- actually $10 less than last years deal. Select package plus traffic for total of $137 for the year plus a credit for days left on current agreement.. YAHOO!!

These people raise my blood pressure EVERY time! I cut off the 1st representative immediately after she said there's no deals and escalated the call, as usual. After so much song and dance, this supervisor got my bill lowered, but still lied about the sums which led the $25/6 mos. to just over $30 with taxes, etc. THEN and only then, he said it'd cost me an additional $2 'service fee' to generate another paper bill, but, again, this was mentioned AFTER he gave me a total sum of $30. So I said don't generate a paper bill, as I'll use the paper bill already sent me and it'll save me the $2, which he agreed to save me the additional $2 charge. It was a clear understanding. Now here's the lie, I was on a speaker phone when I handed him off to my daughter and we said we wanted the same deal, but he said her TOTAL amount was $28. I heard everything and she handed me back the phone. I asked him why her's was $28 and mine was $30 and he said her's didn't include the $2 service charge. I called him out on his lie about the service fee and he tried to backtrack by saying it was my misunderstanding, but I said no, you said it would ONLY have the $2 charge to generate a 'new paper bill.' I put the context of the conversation in order for him to completely understand that he was totally caught in HIS lie, and he finally shut-up, as I asked for his name, which btw is Clay. He lowered my bill from $30 to $28, which I said I'll pay by mail. I did NOT want them to have my credit card or ATM on file, which is why I'm sending a check! Also, Clay tried to bill me on the difference from the time the regular bill was generated to the time I called on the phone, which he waved when I insisted. After all, I didn't ask for it to be automatically renewed at their regular charges!

These people raise my blood pressure EVERY time! I cut off the 1st representative immediately after she said there's no deals and escalated the call, as usual. After so much song and dance, this supervisor got my bill lowered, but still lied about the sums which led the $25/6 mos. to just over $30 with taxes, etc. THEN and only then, he said it'd cost me an additional $2 'service fee' to generate another paper bill, but, again, this was mentioned AFTER he gave me a total sum of $30. So I said don't generate a paper bill, as I'll use the paper bill already sent me and it'll save me the $2, which he agreed to save me the additional $2 charge. It was a clear understanding. Now here's the lie, I was on a speaker phone when I handed him off to my daughter and we said we wanted the same deal, but he said her TOTAL amount was $28. I heard everything and she handed me back the phone. I asked him why her's was $28 and mine was $30 and he said her's didn't include the $2 service charge. I called him out on his lie about the service fee and he tried to backtrack by saying it was my misunderstanding, but I said no, you said it would ONLY have the $2 charge to generate a 'new paper bill.' I put the context of the conversation in order for him to completely understand that he was totally caught in HIS lie, and he finally shut-up, as I asked for his name, which btw is Clay. He lowered my bill from $30 to $28, which I said I'll pay by mail. I did NOT want them to have my credit card or ATM on file, which is why I'm sending a check! Also, Clay tried to bill me on the difference from the time the regular bill was generated to the time I called on the phone, which he waved when I insisted. After all, I didn't ask for it to be automatically renewed at their regular charges!

Works great...took less than five minutes. New rate $104 for a year compared to $204.00

Called 5 mins ago and asked to cancel. The rep laughed and asked if I really wanted to cancel or just wanted a better rate. He says that I asked the question the wrong way. Wtf? Says they don't have 'promo rates' but they do have 'retention rates'. $25 for 5 months or $89 for a year. I love the 80's, 90's and elvis channels but hate the BS with Sirius. It's such a pain to do business with them.

I paid $135 for the year including all the taxes and surcharges....ahhhhmazing!!!! I only spoke to the one rep and she did it on the spot!

Definitely works. Just called the number above and stated that I wanted to cancel my XM Select plan. The CSR asked why and I told her that the renewal price was too expensive. She offered me the discount of $89.99 plus fees and taxes, which for Florida, came out to $116. I had a week left on my current subscription so I received a credit.

I concur! It does work! I just called and got a excellent deal on Audio and Data (travel link) services for less than $60 for 6 months of service.... after being billed a renewal of $147 for 6 months. I just explained it was unaffordable, and I would have to cancel and consider other options unless they had a better offer. The CSR had several options, promotions, to retain my business. He was very helpful. I am now a HAPPY CUSTOMER!

worked for me also $89.00 for all access, then I upgrades to the internet listening and smart phone for a total of $145.00

I called them and express my disappointment with the renewal price of 204.88 and stated I wanted to cancel,and they offered to renew at 89.95 plus tax @ 102.97. Thanks for the advise

WOW i just called and said i want to cancel, she asked why, i said its too expensive, and BOOM it dropped to $89 without fees and expenses ($106 total).... THANK YOU FOR THIS BLOG!!!

worked! I was skeptical, but it works! Say it is too expensive, then they wil offer you $89 for the year but be sure to cancel before next year!

What a racket. They send a bill stating they are automatically removing from your banking account $204, you call them to cancel because of the increase and they knock the price down to $89.00? Is this how to keep loyal customers. Trying to charge them $204 knowing some people will pay that not know they can get it for $89.00. And once you call to cancel they say we can give it to you for $89.00. I told the rep. great price for $89.00 but I’m still canceling because of their terrible business practices.

Appreciate the tip. I did call to cancel and was offered this $89/yr price. Thanks!!!

Used 1-888-601-6302. Spoke to Cody. Indicated I had a renewal notice indicating 204.88/year (inclusive) which was too expensive. Wanted better deal or to cancel. Had to put me on hold since I had the same 50% off deal last year (and the year before for that matter). Prior to that I did a la cart at about $10/month). 2 minutes later he stated he could repeat the 50% offer. This is my home unit which can be moved to vehicles, if necessary, so I did not push for the 5 or 6 month deal. This is my out if I actually cancel for those longer trips. I have two other built in radios on the 5 month plan for the last two years. He waived my $2 billing fee and total charge $101.37 for year inclusive. He did mention that the renewal would be automatic as is policy and specifically did not keep my card on file as I requested. He quoted the renewal rate at $132/year which is lower than the current $179.88 I was quoted. So things may be changing with respect to this regular exercise of calling to cancel for 2016.

Back