How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called and got the 6 months for 25 plia tax so 30 or $5 dollars a month. crazy that you have to call every 6 months to get this. think they would rather keep loyal customers and just renew it for that price. They could then cut back on their customer service reps.!!

Tried,they said $199.00 a yr.Wouldn't change price,so told them to cancel and they did!

Did it today with the 888-601-6302 number. Piece of cake. Been doing it every 6mos for 2 years now. I said I wanted to cancel because of the price, was offered $89/12mo, Said I don't know if I'll want Sirius for 12mo, I am willing to continue the promo that I am on. Offered $24.99 (total $29.95 w/ all fees) for 6mo. Done

Called 800 635 5020. I had 3 weeks left on a select prior internet promo.
Was offered All Access for $49.99 for six months came to $51.96 total with the net difference being taxes royalty fees minus around $7 in credits for my remaining 3 weeks I had left.

I just got the deal of $99.58 (incl. taxes fees) for 1 year w/auto renewal unless cancelled on Honda CRV. My prior 6 month subscription was due to expire in a couple days with auto renewal, so I called to cancel and got the deal. Am tired of going through this cancellation process every six months, so I went for the 1 year deal.

Called and was immediately offered all access for $119/year. I asked for the weather and traffic as well. They added at no cost. Ask and you shall receive!

Was able to obtain 6 months select sevice for $25, no auto renew. Took 3 calls to different reps, but with some patience & persistance was able to secure the deal.

Just did this again. At least fifth time now. I do it every 5-6 months. Gets it down to $5-6 per month ....$25 for five mos. plus small tax, total less than $30. Twice in past I even told them what I was doing so why not either let me go or simply put me on perm renewal at $5/month. Nope, they wouldn't do this. Their 'game' is set up to fleece us at the higher rate (auto renewal) unless we do the cancel/renew thing. Crazy.

Got a renewal bill for $233. Called this number to cancel and got them to renew me for $109.00 which included Nav/Weather. It was very easy. No argument at all. Did the call back thing and they got back to me within 30 minutes. Dont every pay these guys full price!

worked again...6 months $25..w taxes..$29...was a month late on renewing, they wanted to charge additional fees..as a courtesy they just gave me the deal with a new start date. Love them they are so accommodating.

Ditto. I'd threatened to cancel last year, and they gave me an $89 'promotional' rate. I put it on my calendar to call back in a year (it's on auto-renewal), and just asked to renew at that rate. They had to confirm that I'd cancel otherwise, but once I did, they renewed the $89 on the first call.

1-2-2015
Was on the 5 Month deal and it was due to renew at full price. I called up, had to wait on hold for awhile.

Rep offered me 1 year at 101.. told him I could not afford that. I said 'what about the same deal I'm on' he did the 'Let me go check with a manager' came back after a few minutes. boom done...

I've been doing this dance for about 2 years now. I've been a loyal subscriber since about 2000...

Like other people I don't understand why they just can't put me on the 5/25 deal with out having to do the call and cancel get the deal dance ever 5 months...

But the thing that I did was pay them by money order so they cannot directly withdraw from my bank account. I then call and cancel when I get the bill. Saves the problem of them taking my cash without me looking.

Just got the 89 for 12 months after telling them it was to much. The rep even said to call back in a year and she will give me the same deal. Lol

I just called 888-601-6302, spoke to a very nice young lady who initially told me it would be over $100 for a 6 month renewal. I remained upbeat and explained that I had a coupon code for a $24.99 6 month deal and was willing to give her the 6 digit #, she said she would see what she could do for me and was able to honor the deal within a couple minutes with no ordeal. It is aggravating to have to go through this every 6 months but to get Sirius for less than $5 a month I guess makes the 5 minute phone call worth it :)

great forum guys! I had sirius premier - was paying 123.81 for the year, got the renewal notice - bumped up to 259.56 - called customer service - Phillipines - was only offered 25 dollars for 6 months sirius select, I said just cancel me - they referred me to another guy - all access for 125 for the year . . including sirius premier and internet access

i guess gotta call each year

I just called. The keyword seemed to be that the cancellation was due to a 'rate' issue. I got the $89/yr deal. Put a reminder on my calendar to call next year.

Just renewed two cars for $89.00 each. With tax and fees it came to $106.99 per car or a total of $213.98 for two cars. I am paying by invoice and the CSR waived the $2.00 fee. All said an done I think this beats $25.00 for 5 months due to a lot less worry about remembering to call before it is renewed.....but if you are paying via invoice they can't do too much if they don't have a credit card on file. I hate going thru the CANCEL routine so I just come out and say give me the $89.00 rate so we can skip the cancellation dance. Worked well for the last two years.

Back