How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Does anyone get the internet radio with the $89/yr deal? Or the $25/6mo deal?

Last year I paid $118 after fees and taxes for premium tier plus int radio for 12mo. The best I could get with all channels including the internet radio was $55 for 6mo.

took 2 calls - but i also got the 1 year 89 plus fees on 2 radios - happy new year

Got a bill for $185.50. Called to cancel. The lady offered me $101 every 6 months. Really??? Is that a discount? Do the math. She transferred me to someone else to cancel and he offered me the $89 a year.

OK, I had two days left on my current Sirius XM subscription.

I called the cancellation number on the website (1-866-635-5020). They had a five minute wait and was offered to have them call me back automatically. I agreed and got the call back in about 3 minutes. Talked to a very polite young lady and told her I wanted to cancel my subscription on one of my cars (I have the XM Select subscriptions on two cars). She said she was sorry to hear that and asked why. I said the service was too expensive. Within a minute she offered me the $89 a year deal plus taxes and fees (royalty fees). With a $1.65 credit for the remaining two days, my total charge for the whole year is $105.74 or less than $9 a month. After verifying my account and credit card information and 'agreeing' to have it renewed next year (although I may the same thing before then), the entire call took less than 8 minutes! No confrontations needed, no being a jerk. Just being matter of fact about wanting to cancel.

I saved about $80 off the previous price for about less than 12 minutes work! Call them. They will deal with you!

Just called in & renewed $25/6months. Said I was going to cancel due to price. First rep said she couldn't extend this promotional offer again to me (I've done this every 6 months for the last 2 years). Hung up & immediately redialed. 2nd rep said she was willing to help me anyway she could. And she did! 1-866-635-2349 ps- I do hate this B.S. game :(

Just renewed at $89.00 with tax and radio fee total $110.31. Original operator not helpful asked to cancel my service. I said to the cancellation person onthe phone the rate of $202.52 was to high, what was their lowest rate immediately she said $89.oo a year or 5 months for $25.00 then I could renew at $25.oo for 3 months. the deal for this lower rate is you are responsible to call them BEFORE your renewal date to avoid being charged at the highest rate until you call in to negotiate your new rate which you will be obligated to pay that amount before your new rate goes into effect. In my case I told her I was not going to pay the amount since they never sent me a renewal bill before it automatically renewed at the higher rate.
Basically the whole process of billing by siriusxm is they send you a bill and hope you pay it without checking for a lower rate. If you do a little bit of questioning they give you a lower rate. I called the operator out and told her about this website (being completely honest) and she said yes I know about it --you would be surprised how many people just pay the invoice!
one more important fact at the end when she took my credit card info she asked me a question prefaced by 'you can say no to his question' question was Do I have your permission to charge your card the amount we agreed on AND charge your card the automatic renewal at the renewal rate? Say no. She follows up asking if she can charge the one time charge. VERY TRICKY!!!!!!

Renewed 2 radios for $89 taxes and fees (each). I pushed back a little on the price, and was offered the $25 for 5 mos. deal, but it just isn't worth the hassle of having to do this twice/year. However, if they keep dropping my talk radio stations and programs that I listen to on the home radio, I'm going to drop that one next year.

Works like a charm. Just dial the 866-964-6668 number and when you get a live person on the phone, just explain that you cannot justify the expense...was automatically offered the $89/year deal for the same XM Select plan. Total renewal invoice amount: $101.71 including taxes & fees! Bats the original $200.17 invoice. $25 deal

Just went in to renew. NOTE if you already had a prior promotional rate you will have to fight at least two reps to get a lower price than current standard rates. I was offered the $89 yearly rate only after I asked for a disconnect. With taxes and fees it was around $103. - I like Sirius and consider a price under $9.00 a month to be a great deal.

just called and was offered $25 for 5 months... $31.74 with taxes and fees or 1 year for $114... one call that's all. went with the 5 month plan

just got the 1 year at 1/2 off deal. with taxes and fees it was $106.19. I find it odd everyone gets a slightly different amount even with the $89/year deal. maybe it is based on home location with taxes.

The $89 per year worked for me just now. I called the number above and followed the steps outlined here. Very easy- thank you!!

Thanks! My 'select' renewal rate was going to be 6 months for $89. After refusing offers of 12 months for $89 and 6 months for $45, I got 5 months for $20. Just a 5-minute phone call.

Received $264.00 bill for renewal. Thank God my credit card had expired so they couldn't charge me. I dialed and pick the option for them to call me back instead of waiting. About 5 minutes later a young lady from the phillipines called me back. I told her that i wanted to cancel, she politely asked why. i told her that it got too expensive, she immediately offered me the 89.00 year select package, plus xm travel link etc for a grand total 117.68 per year. i also asked for the invoice option and she immediately agreed. No questions if or buts asked.
She was extremely helpful and polite.About $90.. cheaper than the original amount and almost $50.00 cheaper than the promotional amount I received last year.

It works just like the video says. First rep sent me to cancellation dept. Second rep gave me a 1 year plan for $89.00 and a second vehicle for $13.00 for 6 months....

$28.11 for 6 months dec 31, 2014- july 1, 2015
i got that deal for each of two different autos.

In CANADA: Just got deal of $97.45 ($C) for 12 months. Customer service offer was about $137 before taxes & fees -- almost same amount of 175.89 (C$) after taxes were added on. Had to be transferred to cancellations & then was offered $97.45, taxes included.

Back