How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Was on the auto renewal program at $165 fee's. Called to cancel and they offered me $89 Fee's. Took 5 min.

Very simple. Called number above and just told them I didn't want to pay $172/yr. Immediately offered $89/yr. Asked about 6 month option and was offered 5mths/$25.

Ended up with All Access for $130/yr. Thank You

Yes, it worked. Got a year for $89.00 fees, taxes for a total of $111.81. Thanks for the tip.

I paid $80 each (including fees and taxes) for 2 radios last year and I told them I wanted the same deal this year. I tried a 'chat' session with no success. Both the agent and the supervisor swore up and down that there were no promotional offers available and that there was nothing further they could do but full price. I told them I had done my homework (on your site) and I knew what people were paying. That didn't do any good either so I terminated the chat. I then called 1-888-601-6302 and played the same game with the agent. I was immediately offered the $89/yr plus fees and taxes for a total of $195 for the 2 radios. I stuck to my guns and said I wanted the same deal as last year - namely, $160 total for the 2 radios. After a couple of 'I'll talk to my supervisor' gambits, they offered $160.26 total so I took that. I also asked for a paper invoice as suggested here so they can't auto-renew next year. I absolutely HATE their business model that considers most people to be suckers and I find it thoroughly distasteful to go through this negotiation hassle annually. I wish there were some competition. Thank goodness for your website and the community of users that shares its information so generously.

Just got the $25.00 for 5 months deal. I've been getting this price for over two years you just need to remember to call back every 5 months.

12/24/14 got the 1 year for 89 taxes/fees just by mentioning that I wanted the promotion price. Didn't even have to transfer to CSR (though I did mention them). Thanks!

Just renewed for 6 months for $29 (including tax) rather than the $185.50 they said they already charged to a terminated credit card. Totally screwy. They are crediting the difference. Don't know how they're getting the charges on defunct card.

Have called to 'Cancel' three years in a row for the 89/yr rate. Just renewed on a new car (from free trial) for 24/6 mos. Just stated that I received an email with the promo price, no questions asked. Asked that they take my CC off file immediately following the transaction.

Have called to 'Cancel' three years in a row for the 89/yr rate. Just renewed on a new car (from free trial) for 24/6 mos, 32 after fees/taxes. Just stated that I received an email with the promo price, no questions asked. Asked that they take my CC off file immediately following the transaction.

I called the regular number and after putting up with the obligatory sales pitches, I said I either wanted the $86 deal I had last year, or I wanted to cancel. She did the supervisor thing and came back with the $89. Such a pain to have to do this each year!

Awesome deal - thanks! They gave me a choice of $89 per month for XM select for 1 year or $119.88 per year for all access.

Just got $24.49 total for 6 months. Just said I was going to cancel.. paper billing with no extra charge. Thanks everyone..

Called to cancel and mentioned the 6 months for $25. Was offered this rate or one year for $89. Chose the 6 mo for $25 - with taxes $30. ALWAYS choose the paper invoice or you have no control over your renewal price. It's a $2 extra charge but well worth it. Really resent having to play this game every 6 mo (I've been doing this for well over a year) but I would never pay their regular rate - not when there are so many other options I could just play through my phone....

Back