How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Forget the $89 for the year, they also have a $20 for 5 months which is almost half the price of the other 'special'.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. I had to go through a hassle, but with persistence I finally got the $89 annual fee. The way it worked was for me to cancel my current subscription (already at the $89 from last year), and then to start over with a new $89 subscription (minus prorated credit from the 10 days remaining on my old one).

Just called and was told I was not mailed this promotion of $89.00, only thing they mailed me was my regular renewal at $204.00. I was persistent that I do have a promotional mailer that says ' renew early for only $89.00 a year'. After the third 'back and forth' with the agent, she said we will give you this exclusive offer. Thanks for saving me $100.00.

Today, I got 5 months for $25. So a total with fees/taxes of $28.11. I called and told them I wanted the $89 year/all access. He put me on hold (to check with a supervisor). Told me I could get 6 month all access for 49.99 plus fees and taxes or $89 select plus fees and taxes. I chose the 5 month deal. This phone call lasted about 25 to 30 minutes. But I had a lot of questions as I'm purchasing this as a gift for my husband for Christmas. Good luck everyone!

I waited and waited, cause it's not that important, and eventually they sent me an offer for 6 months/$24.99. Mind you, this took 4-6 months and they sent me offers every month getting lower and lower. I finally caved. Total of $30.08 for six months. I just tried to chat with someone online though to add another car for the same amount and they didn't budge and were quick to get off chat with me.

Okay just called them found the best deal. Got the 5 months of service for $20 with all the fees and taxes it came out to $24.49
I told them I do not want to put a card on file. They told me thats fine they will mail me out a invoice for this amount. There is a invoice fee I was told for $2 but it is included in the total amount for $24.49. My invoice will have my account start and and date on it. They said after my end date they will send me another invoice in the mail for the higher rates but then told me to call and cancel the service before that to get another promotion and they activated my radio on the spot.

So not only did I NOT have to pay a dime up front I also didnt have to put a card on file so that means they will not charge me automatically at my end date. This is by far the best way to deal with XM Sirius. When I called I said that I found the deal on the internet the agent put me on a quick hold and said okay we can do this for you.

Dont let them screw ya over by forcing you to put a card on file. Do it this way its much better plus you have a paper invoice in had and will always know your end date.

Hope this helps

Just called a few minutes ago. Said that I wanted to cancel because renewal was too much $204.88. She said I qualified for special rate of $89 for Select plan. Took 5 minutes. Thanks

I just called and asked. The woman had to check with her supervisor, but after a few minutes she came back and said that the 50% discount would work. I got a year for 106.14 with taxes and fees. Thank
You!

I just got the 6 months for $25.00 by calling the above number 'Hello I have called for about a week now trying to renew my subscription' ( I did this so they will have a record of me calling and talking to someone ) don't wait till the last minute to renew. 'yes I see that you have, what can I help you with today'. 'Well I have been calling and I have gotten a little discount but am a 'trucker' and I was talking to my buddy over the cb and he just told me that he just renewed for $25.00 and I have not gotten that offered to me so I wish to cancel my service. ' Wait Sir...let me explain that your buddy must be having ' FINANCIAL TROUBLE ' so we have worked with him in order to help him out.' ' O I see...well am too having ' FINANCIAL TROUBLE' so can I get some help also. ' Yes of course sir' She pitched me the $89 deal but I went with the $25 deal. I had a $12 credit from calling in earlier in the week when they were tring just to discount me. So all in all I just paid $22 for 6months. AND THATS HOW ITS DONE !!! LOL LOL LOL

Bingo! All I said was that they mailed me $25/6 month promotion and both of my cars were renewed at that rate. Easy...

My subscription was up for renewal on 12/25. I got a paper automatic renewal notice in the mail a few weeks ago. Yesterday, I called the number that the renewal notice told me to call if I wished to cancel my subscription (1-888-244-1196). I went through the prompts, indicating that I wanted to cancel my subscription and that my reason for cancellation was NOT that i had gotten another car. I was put on the phone with a customer service rep in the 'Customer Care' department and told her the truth: That my SiriusXM All Access pass was up for renewal, but that I wasn't sure that I wanted to renew, given the quoted price of $218.64. I asked whether they were offering any promotions that might bring the price down and make it easier for me to stay. The customer service rep -- who was very pleasant and kind throughout the entire conversation -- went into her computer and immediately came back with two offers. I could get the SiriusXM All -Access Pass (the package I have had, which includes internet listening) for $129.93 (all-inclusive, with taxes), or the Sirius Select (with fewer channels and no internet streaming) for $98.35. Both quotes were for a year. I chose to stick with the All-Access Pass, since I've enjoyed being able to listen to music via my phone and computer. It may not have been the absolute lowest rate that folks here have gotten, but the transaction was very pleasant, and I ended up getting a discount of almost half off. So all in all, I'm happy with how things went.

12/23/14 just called and renewed for 6 months $24.01 with taxes and fee's however I had a credit of 3 dollars left on my account so this would have been 28 dollars. Great offer!

Just got Select XM for 6 mths for 20.09 ( i had a credit on my account of $5 or 6). Also got my son's new car with the 3month free subscription All Access. I have threatened to cancel before and got a cheaper rate.

Back