How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I've had great luck up until now doing what you recommend but this time the best they could do for a 1 year sub for 2 vehicles was $250. Last year had to vehicles for 1 year at $150. These guys are al over the map. They did give me a 1 month free extension so i'll try to deal with them again end of the month.

I just did the same thing, but I had waited until my radio cut off. The CSR started out telling me that she would cancel my service but I had to pay the 14.95 that was due. I called her bluff and politely said no problem at all, let's just pay and cancel because it just isn't worth $200/year. She asks if I enjoyed listening, what do I listen to, blah blah, then offered the $89 deal if I would keep listening. I have been doing this for the last 5 years and always manage to keep my costs at about $100.

Just paid 127.00 for 1 year, 1 vehicle and internet package. This also included taxes and fees. I had pretty much made up my mind I wanted to cancel after I got a bill for $280. Called said 'cancel' and they came down to $169. Said cancel again and they waved another $30.

When you call to cancel, it seems like their 'go to' rate is $89/yr. Don't take it! My rep then came down to $44.50 for 6 months....duh. Hold your ground and tell them you'll just wait for the letter that you know will be coming. He then came down to $25 (plus taxes/fees, which comes to $28.46) for 6 months, which is the offer you'll get in the letter, but you don't have to wait for it! Just do this every 6 months and you're good to go.

1 radio & 1 vehicle --XM & Sirius Select programming @ $89 each . Called telling rep I was cancelling because rates were too high. Immediately offered $89 per yr. Took it with no hesitation , best interaction so far in about 7 yrs. $202.74 total vs. $328.32. 10 minute call.

1 year $89.00 plus...I hate to have to do that every year but it definitely is worth it to cut your bill in half. I didn't try for 5 or 6 months because it is stressful enough to go thru this. It's like going to a car dealership and having to play their game to get a deal.

Apparently this only works for existing customers. I called after my free trial ended and asked for any special offers for new customers. the rep flat out said NO and proceeded to tell me about the current pricing prices plans. i said that is too expensive and she said ok bye. I guess Sirius don't need NEW customers?

Does not work for new customers. I was told NO by the sales rep. I guess SiriusXM does not need new customers!

No hassle at all. Was on promotional 'Select' plan which was renewing at the regular rate. As I rarely, if ever, listen to anything but the music channels, I was calling to change over to their 'Mostly Music' plan. As soon as I said I wanted to cancel the Select plan they offered me the $89/yr. deal.

Called last night about getting a subscription for my daughter's radio I had purchased for her. The unit was an Onyx Plus and when I called the CSR stated that there were no deals for this radio. I hung up with this guy after not buying and called back an hour later to another phone number .888-601-6302 'Clohe' stated that there wasn't a deal on this radio either but after refusing to pay their asking price she spoke to her supervisor and gave us six months of Sirius Select for $25. Thanks for your help and I hope this helps someone else.

1 year at $89.00 plus fees and tax, a total of $101.48. He had to 'check ' several times, but finally came back with the $89.00 offer.

You don't need to do anything special, and you don't need coupons. Simply be courteous on the phone and tell them you don't want to pay full price. First, they'll offer $77.00 for the year....tell them 'too much'. then they'll say $24.99 for six months plus taxes, which works out to about $30.00. This has worked EVERYTIME for the last 4 years. The one trick is you HAVE TO CALL about 1 month before the 'automatic renewal'.

I hear all these complaints on other web sites. The problem is people don't read the terms of the agreement, very boldly written, that it will renew at current price. Call and negotiate a lower rate. It works everytime

Just called after they autobilled me for $37.15 on my card (forgot it was renewing and didn't receive any notice) for a 3-month ($12.38/month). Called and told them to cancel. Was offered the $89/yr rate ($7.41/month) and declined it. Was then offered 6 months for $54 dollars. Must think I'm stupid since it sounds 'cheaper' but that's $9/month. Told him it's still too much and wanted to cancel and he 'checked out what else he could do' since I've been a 'valued customer' since 2011. Ended up getting the same 5 months for $25 ($5/month) I always do when we dance this dance. Might not work for coming off a promotion (i.e. new customers) but give it a shot and if not go with the $89/year since that's not that bad and then hit them up when that comes due.

Called to cancel xm premier was offered $120 yr deal plus fees said no, was then offered 6 mth for $60 including taxes and all access took that deal. They also waived the fee from the auto renew of $14.
Stupid having to do this all the time, been doing it for 10 years, If they would just offer the deal upfront I would just send them a check. They could probably get rid of half of their call center.

Just called and threatened to cancel and rep immediately offered me the $25 for 5 mo deal ( that I had through this month)...it auto renews June 24 (around $39) so I just have to call before that date to 'do this dance' again and negotiate for the lower price... This is 2nd time I've done this and works like a charm...glad I found this site and # to call. Thanks!!

The people that are always complaining should read these posts. I've always have gotten the lowwe rate. The reps are always courteous. Hint : be nice on the phone and you'll get the same in return! No problems, no hassles.

For some reason I got a free one year all access offer on my account which I could not activate. I called and spoke to a rep and he said no problem, he'll activate it, and did! Can't beat a year for free!

The 5 months for $25 just worked for me as a new subscriber. And as long as I call shortly before the 5 months is up, he said I should be able to get another 5 months at the same price.

Back