How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Been an XM customer for over 10 years now & have to threaten cancelation every time renewal is due. Angered when free internet access was taken away as initially it was to be for life. Anyway, was looking into the Basic Plus pkg & noticed it did not include my fav channels, JAM ON, Coffee House, Spa, & Watercolors. Only listen to channels 70 & below. Any of you had any luck getting a deal on something more than the Basic channels & internet?

Just got off the phone . I renewed 5 months for $23.89 , they wanted $100.00 for a year . I tried to get a deal on 6 months but they were only offering the 5 month deal. 12/13/14

My renewal for a year of SiriusXM Select and Internet radio would have kicked in tomorrow for a grand total of $229.50. I upgraded to a year of All Access and Internet for a grand total of $131.31. That's less than if I went with $89 for Select and $44 for Internet, plus fees and taxes.

Just called 12/13/14: The lowest I was offered was 56.46 plus taxes and fees for 5 months for All Access service.

Called to cancel. Got offered my usual $89 per year. Asked if there's anything they could do for me at 6 months, so I don't have to commit as long. They offered me 6 months for $40. I told them a friend of mine recently signed up after his initial 3 free months on his car and got 6 months for $25. I wanted to know if I could get that, as well. They put me on hold, came back, and said they'd be happy to give me the 6 months for $25. I genuinely like XM's customer service :-)

Just got the select package for 6 months for $25.00 plus fees. Five minutes no problems. Just asked and got it. Happy Holidays

Followed the advice here and just 6 months for $25.00 plus taxes for a total of $28.11. I explained I did not want to be charged on auto after these 6 months were up. They will charge my card on Monday for $28.11 and then I have to call on Tuesday to have credit card removed from the system. Not bad..When 6 months are up we will see what I can do.

Also followed the advise. 1st person said no deals, then I said OK I will choose to cancel. Got transferred to cancellation dept and went from no deal to $89\year to $33 for 6mo, to $24.99 for 5 months then I asked for 6 months for $25.00 I was placed on hold then they came back and offered me 6 months for $25 tax = $27.74. I was very pleasant throughout the exchange and they responded in kind.

I asked three reps but it wasn't offered to me. the only thing they would do was put me on a lesser plan which was fine but it was still $142 with taxes. I cancelled. Ill listen to Pandora i guess.

This is for real... just got 6 months for $25 fees. Plus if you pay by credit card during the call, you can save $2 in fees -- just don't agree to let them auto bill you when the 6 months are up.

My expiring arrangement was 5 months for $20. I called and was offered $89/yr but told the rep I did not want to pay more than I was before, so I was given the same deal again! So worth making the call a couple of times a year, even if it is a stupid game that they play.

I called the above number spoke to rep told him I had to cancell for various reasons. He offered me the 1 year at $89.00 w/ taxes and fees $98.00. With $6.00 credt $92.00. I inquiried for something cheaper offered me 5 months at $25.00. I asked if I could get 6 months at that price , he said sure. So I got 6 months for $25.00 w/ fees & taxes $26 less $6.00 credit I paid $20.00. They were very pleasant and worked with me. They told me about auto renewal and agreed but he did state call us back to get discount in 6 months.

My subscription runs out 12/18/2014. Had the $89 deal called this morning said if you can't give me the same deal I would have to cancel. Got the same $89 deal-- $109.94 tax and fees.

Just got the promo of $89 plus tax, royalty fees = $100.13 per radio for two radios.

Back