How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

XM Select (6 Month) $24.99
Invoice Fee $2.00
U.S. Music Royalty Fee $3.12
TX State & Local Taxes $2.11
Total Charges $32.22

Worked like a charm!!!! Called number on my automatic renewal notice for $204.88 and rep would not budge. Call 1-888-601-6302 and got a year for $89.00. With taxes etc. ended up $93 something.

I called advise of a 50% coupon code 1301117883986 and they charged me a total of $51 since 12 months with tax $102, however they billed me at $185.50. Rep.try to tell me the 50% will be off the $185.50 I said no I need a manager because it should be off the year special ($102) she placed me on hold and came back and said ok they will give it to me for $51 for 12 months. Hallelujah!!

$89/ year. $103.89 after fees. Had to act like I was canceling before offer was made.

Just called Got the annual $185 bill. Called 888-601-6302. Explained I have been a customer since 02 and wanted service at last years price ($89.00) and would only pay by check on receipt of an invoice. I was polite and so was the service rep. He gave me the $89. deal and wished me good listening. No muss no fuss.

Don't ask them about giving you this deal again. You have to say you will cancel the service or they won't give you the deal. Third time's the charm. Never pay full price.

I got the $185.00 bill and called them. They said they did not have any charges for me. Did not pay it. They are such inconsistent characters. And I have 6 subscriptions. Go figure

Called today and got the same deal as I got for another car @ 100 dollars a year with fees and taxes. This is for the same extended plan, not a lower plan. I did agree to a renewal @ 118 dollars for next year(I think I can handle an extra $1.50 a month and saves me from the hassle of renegotiating). Will have to be vigilant 2 years from now however.

Had to haggle a bit but got $25 for 5 months. I hate that I have to do this every time!!!

Just got $24.95 for 6 months...all I said was I need that or I will nit be able to renew because of other bills. No pressure from the rep, who was very good. So, with the invoice fee and taxes, I will be billed $31.58 for 6 months.

Thanks to people like everyone here.

Got my renewal bill - 3 radios - for $432.76 inc. royalty fees.
Called the number above, said I wanted to cancel and was offered $89 on ALL 3 radios, which with royalty fees came to $100.85 each or $302.55 total. So my 5 minute call saved me $130 !! CSR was courteous and helpful and volunteered the deal with no prodding. Select plan for all 3 radios.

I got the renewal in the mail for $180. I called yesterday and ask for a promotion rate. He gave me nothing. I threatened to cancel and said I would shop around. He made note of that. Today I called the number you listed above. I got a woman who immediately offered me the $89 a year promotion. She commented that I was threatening to cancel so that meant she was reading the notes in my account because I didn't say that to her. I didn't have to say much at all. I got the same rate as last year, and I was satisfied with it. So once again it works for me. I even tried to lock it in for two years so I don't have to call back again. That didn't work. Thank you for your advise. I'm glad I tried again.

Worked for me, offered the 5 month, asked for the 1 year @89 and got it plus fees, total just over $100. Still much better deal.

Mr renewal bill was $185.50 for the car and $44 for Internet Radio - $230 total. I took their offer of $140 for both, all fees and taxes included.

Read this blog and called the 888-601-6302. Without making ANY threats or even having to raise my voice, I simply explained I was reading on-line on how to get a discount and that I wanted to renew, but was not willing to pay the $ 18.99/month for all access. With NO FUSS the customer service rep offered me XM All Access for $ 141.26 annually (includes all fees and taxes). It auto renews which is somewhat of a pain so I will have to remember to phone them again next year, but this I feel is a very reasonable rate - $ 11/month roughly - to enjoy my Howard Stern!

We have two cars/radios. My wife paid the full rate a year ago and Sirius now wants the same amount plus $2 just to send me the invoice. I got a 6-month rate after my 'free' included service on my car that I got last Feb.

'Kim' says she can't give me any 'special rate' because we paid full price once! What a way to keep a customer! *rolleyes* I'll call back tomorrow, maybe. If I can't get a reduced rate for my wife, I'll simply cancel my subscription. I have no problem losing Sirius, with HD-FM stations and CD/iDevices available. 8-0 I'll only pay Sirius to keep my wife happy! 8-0

Thanks for this site! *thumbsup*

I read this blog and called the number given. I had no problem getting my rate lowered. I even received a credit of $15 from my current subscription. Got my total down to $84.94 for the year! All fees and taxes were included.

Back