How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called to cancel, renewed 5 months for 24.99 tax. Not bad, suppose I could've fought for 6...oh well, maybe next time.

Had to call and talk to a second rep to get the $89/yr renewal, the first rep offered no discount. Don't take no for an answer, call and get another person.

Easy.
5 minutes
6 months, $29.01
I just called, said I needed to renew and wanted that rate. He said he had to check and see if the deal was available for my radio and if it wasn't, would I be able to pay the full fee. NO WAY! He sort of laughed and was back on the line in 2 minutes saying 'We can do the 6 months for 24.99'
Easy.

Got six months for 29.99 plus tax. Basically five bucks per month, same as the six month offer. It's an introductory offer, and they say they have to bill at regular rates at the end.
This plan takes effect at the end of my trial. You have to call after they bill for the start of the introductory plan to cancel autorenew.

I was billed $313 foe 2 radios. I only paid $86 each last year for a year. I called CSR to cancel and got the $24.99/5 months and they waived the $38.18 that they wanted to charge me since my subs expired on 10/27. It pays to ask!!!

Just got 6 months for $25, but make to use the phone # above, they will not wheel or deal at the regular customer service number. Also do not agree to their 1st or sometimes 2nd offer. Good luck !

Just called and received the $24.99/6 months. Had to say I was cancelling until they approved the amount I asked for. Less than a 5 minute call.

Before I provided the code # to the rep, she offered me 5 mos for $25. I then told her the code should be good for 6 months, she said OK and sealed the deal for 6 mos.

worked like a charm. 89/year for both my radios also got them to waive the invoice fee as well. thanks a bunch. You just have to be adamant that you are calling to cancel and do not give them your credit card on file. 2 years running able to waive the invoice fee

Spent 7 minuets on the phone with the rep went from all music plan paying $134.87 to the select plan for 108.49 plus $2.00 for invoice billing.

Just got off phone. Took 2 calls but got the 89/year price for the Select Package. They also say it will go to $195 next Dec inless I call to cancel. Its already on my calendar to call next Dec.

Called above number and was offered $24.99 for 6 months for not just one, but 2 car radios select plans without needing to haggle. It was the first offer they provided.

Just went to Sirius.com/w1s and renewed my expired subscription at $19.99 for 5 months for Select.

Took 15 minutes on the phone. Was initially offered the $89/year price, then when asking if there was a shorter term was offered $25/5mo. Told them a buddy of mine just renewed and was offered $25/6mo and I asked if that was available to me. She asked me if I considered canceling (which I was since there is nothing that I absolutely need to listen to on Sirius, just nice to have the option) and then after a 3 - 4 minute hold offered me that same offer. Asked if this was possible to apply to both of the radios on my account and she said she could do that.

I called them at the number above (very important because it was less than a 1 minute wait and the normal number was 20 minute wait). I was able to successfully reduce my yearly charge from the amount billed (185.50) to 89.00 plus fees and taxes. Once my credit from the balance of my account was applied, my total came to 94.18 for the year. Each year the renewal fee is now recorded as $116.50 (that includes the fees and taxes). I did receive an offer for the $25 for 5 months but frankly, it's worth it to me to not have to deal with this for another year. Thank you to all. I did try and get them to include both of our cars in this fee but they didn't budge. I'll try when my husbands car comes due in March.

Same as others. I called to cancel and I was transferred to the cancellation agent and was offered a year for $89, then 6 months for $25.

Back