How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I have the All Access plan.. Called, told CSR I wanted to cancel. Asked why - explained paying 20/month for basically 2 channels I listen to isn't worth that much money. Gave me 6 months for 49.99 plus fees/taxes. Rounds out to about 9 bucks/month. Good deal!

My mom received the deal for the 6 months for $25. Our plan expires tomorrow so called and told the CSR about my mom's deal. He said if he wasn't able to get us this deal would we cancel. Said yes that we don't really listed to a lot of the stations so it wouldnt be a big deal to go back to regular radio. He said he'd check and see what promos were available to us. He came back and said the 6 months for $25 was available.

I just got 5 months for 25 dollars. I had 3 days left on my previous 5 months for $25.00 they credited me for those days and charge me taxes and fees. Total amount is $29.56. Total time was 8:30 minutes.

My plan jumped to $180/year (yikes!) today. I called and was offered discount of $105/year. I asked if there was any way to get a lower price. He then gave me $25 for 5 months and said they would refund the difference already charged to my credit card. Took less than 10 minutes.

my subscription just renewed at 3 months for $44.97 ($50.59 after fees/taxes). Yea right! Called to cancel. She offered the 6-month for $89 - told her too much. So then she honored my old promotion of 5 months for $19.99 ($25.85 total for 5 months w/ fees/taxes). I think this is one of the best deals around. (For Sirius Select Service, btw.)

Just got 6 months for $25 ($32.16 with fees/taxes) - for the Select package. Mine expired today and I simply said I was going to cancel for budget reasons. She offered the standard package and I told her that is exactly what I could not afford. Once I said 'Thank you, but I'll just stay without Satellite radio', she placed me on hold for about 3 minutes and came back with the 6 months/$25. Thanks to all that post to keep us up to date!

Received a renewal notice for XM Select for $185, called customer service who offered $89/year without hesitation. Happy with this offer.

I tried to do it with online chat and they said couldn't do it and gave me a number to call. Talked to them, the renewal was $180 - told them not for that price and agreed with her that financial reasons I couldn't do that. She then offered me $89 for a year - but told her I saw online a 6 months/$24.99 and the $89 was still more than that factoring in 12 months. She told me she couldn't honor online deals b/c she didn't know where the coupon came from - told her came from multiple websites and that I knew of both a code number - 308442 and a word code - premier - to use with online ordering. She then came back and said 'ok will honor the deal.' Came to $30.11 with fees.

Just took all of your advice and had great success! Thank you for the info! 5 months at $25 total. :)

I just called the above number and asked to renew at the 6 months for 24.99 deal. The CSR asked what I would do if I couldn't get that rate and I said that I would probably cancel. After checking with the supervisor, I was renewed at 24.99 for 6 months.

We called last night and were only on talk radio 3 months/$30. I told them we were interested in cancelling if we couldn't get the music for a better price. I was quoted $189 for a year for Select. I said I would like to get the $89/1 year. He said he would check. Our account didn't qualify, but he would make an exception. We did have to pay $11 for music royalties, a portion for the last few weeks of our talk package, but were out the door for $107. Thank you for this post! About 10 minutes in all - mostly confirming contract details and waiting for satelite activation. They wanted to keep my credit card on file and I told them I was happy to pay today with credit card but did not want it on file. They agreed to that.

Took everyone's advice with the intention to get the 25 a month. But they offered me a free month instead. Perfectly fine with me! Whoever wrote this up rocks! Will be using this next year when I have to renew!

$89/year just for asking. The 'select' service. I'm told its pretty much everything except some sports channels, Stern and no internet listening...which works for me. Still have music, news and comedy. This was for renewing after my 3 month new car trial was over. Customer service rep was very polite and clear and the phone call only took a few minutes...no time on hold. Thank you Spoofee!

I had no problem getting the $89 'Half Off' promotion -- comes out to $104.97 for a full year. Te customer rep was fantastic and it was very easy.

Just got the 6 months for $24.99, plus tax/fees - total $29.49. Also was offered a 'special discount' on a 12 month subscription...only $89. When I asked why the difference between 2 six month subscriptions (at $49.98) and the $89...I was told the disadvantage of the six month price is it's only for six months, there the 12 month subscription is for a full year. Hmmm...is this the 'new' math I hear about??

Wow. So true. They do not want you t cancel. I just got $100 off for the year with no effort, other then saying I was going to cancel.

Just received $89/month within 10 minutes. Told them I was calling to cancel.

Back