How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got 6 months at $25 ($30 w taxes.) People who are happy getting a year at 89 ($101 w taxes), you realize you're still overpaying??

Save $40 a year by demanding the 6 months at $25 rate.

They will give you offers in this order:
1 yr at $89 ($101) (tell you how great 1/2 price is.)
6 mos. at $45 ($51) (Same deal - less time)
5 mos. at $25 ($30) They tell you this is the best deal
finally, when you threaten to cancel they offer you
6 mos. at $25 ($30).

Just tell them your friend just got 6 months at $25, so you know it exists.

Set an alarm in your iphone for 5 1/2 months from now and call back and tell them you want to cancel unless they renew your deal.

For those who say that it's too much work, is it worth another $40 savings to make one phone call?

I think so.

I just got off the phone and it still works. I had accepted a higher plan until I found this post. I was being charged $54/quarterly. I could only get billed quarterly if I would not give a credit card. The company is scandalous! I got an excellent rep. Explained the offer was given to me earlier. She corrected the subscription. Thank you.

I just got $19.99 for 5 months $24.00 with tax. They will then invoice me quarterly 30 days before it expires on 4/21/15

I just hooked two units up for $25 each on the 5 month deal. The trick to doing this is make sure you speak with the overseas customer service in India. Do not speak with a US Rep.

One last thing have them bill you in the mail. Then when your 5 months are up disconnect for a week and do the same thing.

I've been doing this for almost a decade. lol

Just called and told the CSR that my friend had gotten the 6 month deal for $25...gave it to me right away with no hassles. Thanks to my 'friend'!

I ALREADY HAVE TH SIRIUS ON MY RADIO I THE CAR, THIS I S THE THIRD TIME IT Has been renewed, I need help renewing , is there someone that can ?help me

Thanks to all the posts. It works great. I got 6mo at $30.11 for my auto.( $28.11 for 6mo price includes fees & taxes plus $2.00 for a paper invoice). I told them I was aware of the $30. deal for 6 mo and that I was willing to cancel as the xm vehicle was a weekend driver and I really did not need the satellite radio in it. She asked me if I wanted to cancel I said yes and she gave me the deal. Do not put it on credit card or they will automatically bill you at the higher rate next go round. It's a game worth playing for the savings.

Called above phone number offered 6 months for 45 dollars, i said it was a fair price but still couldn't afford it, then offered 5 months for 25 dollars. I then asked for 6 months for 25 dollars. Placed on hold for 2 minutes and done deal. 5 months and 26 days I will call to cancel and get the same deal as stated above.

About 70% of the responses here have the word, 'just', in the post. Mostly it appears in the term, 'just called'. One person is doing most of the posts appearing below, and making it sound like a thousand people are posting. Don't be a fraud, please.

Want to get a Sirius radio for my husband for Christmas. is there anything that I need to look for? Looks like they are a self-install.

Would like to get Sirius radio for my husband for Christmas. Anything special I should look for ? Looks like most are self install.

I'm a customer in Knoxville, TN and it worked like like a charm- 1 yr 1/2 price at $89!

Had an expiring 1 yr Sirius Select promo package for both the car and home Internet @ $85/yr. The renewal was going to be $185/yr (120% increase). Found an ALL ACCESS package promo option for $129/yr. Thought this was fair. Tried to extend the commitment to 3 years w/o luck. Happy hunting.

Worked for me today 11/23/14. 5 months about $30 with tax. Guess I should've asked for 6 months. But thanks to all anyway. Much better than full price. Just a hassle a couple times a year.

To the last poster...just go and pick up a radio from Best buy and wrap it up! He'll have no problem installing it. Once installed....Call Sirius and get a good price......not the regular full price.

That so great, I'll try, but do not want to have any other invisible consumption, so it is very good, thank you for sharing, I did not know before.

Called and was immediately offered the year for 89, but asked if there was anyway for the 6 months for 25 and then was offered the 5 for 25 again.

Back