How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I can't thank you all enough for tips on how to bargain with the CSRs for Sirius XM. Instead of the 3 yr. program that was billed for more than $500., I opted for the 5 month offer and will call them at that time to renew again. It's a pain to keep up with calling, but worth the savings. They also waived the $2.00 fee for mailing an invoice. No more CCs for them to have access to. Again, thanks for sharing how to save some $$.

No hassel what's so ever. Offered the 89/year but I chose the 5 months plan. Thank you!!!

Last year I paid $79.99 taxes for a total of $103. I rec'd my renewal notice for $175.89 plus taxes. I just spoke to their 'retention department' and they renewed my subscription for exactly the same rate as last year. Too bad we all have to play 'let's make a deal'. It reflects on their credibility.

Worked like a charm. Offered me $89 / radio for 1 year with practically no effort at all...just said I wanted to cancel. Worth the call.

Worked for me on the second try! Customer rep wouldn't budge on my first try, but was persistent and it did work on the 2nd try. My auto-renewal rate would have been $185.50, Said I needed to cancel as I couldn't afford that rate. I was immediately offered the $89/yr deal, so with taxes & fees came to $115.32. Much more doable. Thank so much for posting this info.

Got Sirius XM All Access for $119 taxes & fees vs $218 quoted on my renewal notice and also got Sirius Select for $79 on 2d car vs. $189 on renewal notice after credit back for unused service (2 months) and now both my vehicles renew at the same time. Awesome!

Ugh....Just had two people explain the promotions are no longer running! Darn!

Just reduced my bill from 240.98 to 38.23!!!! Call 1-866-635-2349 (Cancellation department)

Good day ! I got my bill for the 12-14 and it was $185 for select plus like $44 for internet, which I like as I use it once in awhile while working outside. So with tax, etc it would be $241 ,,, a 70% hike from last year. I called and got a friendly guy. She started with the $89 Select, but then quickly went to the $119 since I had the internet radio. I wanted that from the beginning ( don't want to do this every 5 or 6 months!), so with the 38 day credit, $123 later - have all Access with internet. total time (it's on my phone at work)..... 8 minutes and 6 seconds..... very productive use of time ! I really love the radio and for the $119 fees, I think it's a nice deal - AWESOME as one guest said recently ! Good luck to all on getting a good deal.

This really works! Followed this guidance above and with the knowledge of the $89 and threat to cancel, my new total for one year was $115.21 all fees and taxes included vs. what my renewal payment notice originally listed for 6 months @ $110.40. Thanks for the assist! I love saving money and also really enjoy Sirius XM Satellite Radio...a Win: Win!

Tried on-line chat first, that got me NOWHERE. I then called above number and she tried to sell me a lower package to which I cut her off and said I wanted the select package at the $89/yr rate. She said I was not eligible for that promo with my particular car radio. I said that made little sense and said again that I wanted $89/yr or I would cancel. She put me on hold and came back 2 minutes later with the $89/yr offer. She was very pleasant to me as she verified the total cost, the effective dates, etc. Annoying that I have to do this, but it worked.

Any tips on getting a reduced rate on an internet only sub? I am a former subscriber, but let the subscription lapse. I just don't want to pay $15 a month for something I might listen to for an hour or so a day.

I didn't even ask to cancel. I said I got a mail saying they could do one year of select for $89 and i'd like to renew at that price and she did it right away. $111.85 after taxes and fees for 12 months.

Called the number above and spoke with a really friendly CSR. My trial period had expired, but I wasn't charged the $15 reactivation fee and was able to secure a 6 mth. subscription for $28. Seems likes a pretty sweet deal. Thanks for posting the above article!

I just renegotiated my deal..and did even better then 89$ plus fees and taxes costing a total of 114.20...which is @ $9 a month..I got 5 months for $20.00 plus fees and taxes total 25.01 which is $5 a month.!!!

I had the same experience as other people. One phone call, said I wanted to cancel and they offered me the $89 renewal. Piece of cake.

Sirius wouldn't give me a deal from the number I called on my renewal letter. I called the number above and told them point blank I wanted the $89 deal. The rep was very nice and agreed right away and now I'm paying $97 after taxes for a full year. Thanks for the tip. I knew I don't have to pay full price.

Back