How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I have been renewing with this same phone conversation for 4 years now :) They definitely will honor it. If they don't, I have cancelled subscription and they always called back within a week and offered reduced rate.

I actually caught a break, I always forget about my auto renewal, so I would have been renewed for $198 like last year. But my CC was changed several months ago, so when they tried to run the charge, they got blocked and sent me an email. When I called to say I couldn't afford the $198, they offered the $89 and I took it. Just need to remember to do it next year.

And, if by some reason, they call your cancel bluff. Go ahead and cancel. We canceled my wife's car because she uses Pandora. Within 1 month of canceling, they were sending $25 options for 6 months to try and get her back.

Just called to renew. Letter in mail stated $89/yr. he offered $25 for 5 months. So I said too much. He came back with $24.99 for 6 months with No auto renew. Came out to $32.16 with taxes for 6 months. 1-800-409-0996

Thank you, thank you! Just got renewal notices for 2 cars - way too much to pay. I called the number above and told them it was too much and asked if I could get the $89 deal I saw online. The rep was happy to help. Both cars for $89/yr each plus royalties, etc. - just a little more than what we would have paid for just the first car. Saved me about $125. Thanks!!!

Does not work and the Sirius employees have to be about the most rude and their lack of customer service is incredible.

IMPORTANT INFO PLEASE READ

Just got off the phone. 3rd year I've done this, easy phone call no hassle. Only difference this time is this is the direct number for retention so I didn't have to get transferred from main Sirius support as I had to in previous years.

Nice guy from India immediately offered $89 taxes/fees as he did everyone else, came out to I think $98 charged today. As in previous years, everyone needs to know this restarts your new year. So if you are calling a month early to do this deal you are getting a deal, yes, but you will lose a month due to your new year starting immediately.

Also be aware they are trying to push a 'free' receiver to use Sirius in your house. When I asked to confirm what I heard he went into a long sales pitch ending with how I can return it within one month by calling and getting an RMA number and then I'd get a refund. Obviously this means it's not free but since it was sketchy as hell I just told him no. He obviously wasn't talking about getting shipping and handling refunded so this is some sort of promo disguised as free only to charge you likely a big fee later.

4 years strong, always getting 1/2 off Sirius. You can't beat it!

I've been getting either 5 months for $20 or 6 months for $25 for years now... If they don't offer, I simply say 'How about xzy and you have a deal.' I do this on 2 radios. Granted, the 5 month deal is only 16 cents a month better, so I go for the 6 months so I only call them every six months rather than 5... I get off the phone and set a calendar reminder for 2 weeks before it renews. Both radios are on the same renewal date now...

I tried sirius number they provide first and they said pay their rate or drop the subscription.
I tried this number above and they gave me the 89 rate!!

Just got off the phone, $89/year. I just asked to cancel, $89 was the 1st offer I received.

Just tried this and WOW!!!! Got 6 months xm select and travel link for $34.08 tax and all. Thank you so much! Took about 10 minutes.

Just got the one year for $89... $100.13 with taxes & fees. No hassles or problems at all.

I just got off the phone & told them I use Pandora and couldn't afford Sirius but I heard they offered a deal $24.95 for 6 six months....no problem my Total $28

Just got $49.99 All Access /6 months for one car and $25 Select /6 months for the other car. Definitely worth 20 minutes on the phone!

Called today and was offered a lower package. When it was not one of the ones listed I asked for it. They told me this was not offered to me and they canceled my subscription.

Got the one year deal for $89 plus taxes = $109.17. They called me twice today because my old on file was no longer good and they wanted to update it and charge the full price. the first person I talked to would not honor the discounted price at all so I told her I would call back. I called the number in this post and all I had to say was that the actual renewal price was too much and I wanted to cancel. I didn't have to ask for a lower price, it was just offered. very polite customer service.

Back