How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just called, didn't need to say I was canceling to get the $89 a year rate. I said one of my subscriptions is up for renewal I found a promo deal for 5 months for $24.99 or $89 for a year ( not including fees and tax). They asked what the code was but I said I didn't have my email in front of me, he said that was ok. 1year for $104 w/taxes and fees. I could have gone the cheaper 5 months deal but I don't want the hassle of renewing every 5 months.
I called 30 mins before this to get them to lower my bill, asked nice, no threat to cancel and was put on hold for 5 mins , then told there were no deals/promo at this time. So keep trying till you get the right rep or if you just found this deal be up front and tell them.

I just got all access 6 months including all fees for $56 dollars a month, that breaks down to $9.33 a month. She first offered an all access for 1 year @ $133.71. I'm not sure I will keep the all access after 6 months but I thought I would try it. The magic word seems to be 'Cancel' I simply said I can't pay that much and would hate to have to cancel. I pay the $2 invoice fee to keep from it to automatically going on my credit card. To me it is worth it.

I just spent a better part of a hour on the phone talking to a csr about the high cost of xm radio and i told her that i keep having signal issuess. I have only been here since 2002. She put me on hold then a supervisor came on the phone and i complained again but raised my voice a little and all of a sudden all i heard was we are very sorry sir and they gave yes GAVE ME A FREE ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION. Now thats fricken awesome. So in a year i will do it again lol.

Signed up for the $89 package a few days ago, regretted it as I wanted to be able to stream from my smartphone as well, called back was very polite, initially lady said it was only a one day offer, I asked very nicely to speak with her Supervisor, was placed on hold for about 5 minutes, came back and was able to do the $119 package, just charged me the difference, so if you second guess yourself just call them back, EXCELLENT post, I'm ecstatic haha.

Yes - I got the $89/yr package too! Thank you for the tip. Wish they would charge this fair price from the beginning. I must say that the second tier person that I spoke with was much friendlier and more articulate than the first.

I just cancelled Sirius, Told them I was unhappy about billing $198.97 for a three month period for 3 yr auto renewal, and was blown off, they are going to refund my almost $600. I will renew at better rate in the future just be ready to play hard ball !

Just called. They would not give me 6 months, but gave me 5 months for $25 plus tax ($28.11 total). However, I was about a month late calling to renew and they had already auto-renewed my subscription. They waived the $15 fee I owed for the last month. So basically I did get 6 months for $25.

I just called righ tnow and said that I will cancel my existing service if I they can not offer me a better rate. He offerd me the $89/yr XM select package and I got to credit the remaining balance towards the new rate.

Thanks!

On the first call to rep today I got $89 Select deal and I also received a deal on navigation package for $23 too!!! The $2 invoice fee was waived also and I was able to save big!!!!!! Thanks...

THANKS! I called a got a year for $89 plus fees and taxes =$115.04 based on the fact that I said I would cancel if they couldn't honor the price.

Well, they arent giving anything. Had my trial expire and called, nothing. Not even tried to keep me or offer anything. Then I tried online with an online chat. Same thing. At the end, I flat out said 'This is the time to keep me as a customer, I wont be coming back.' Their reply was 'Sorry, anything else I can help you with?'

I just called to cancel my account (which expires today). They asked me if it was because of the service or cost. I said cost. They immediately offered the $89/year deal taxes...which for me came to $109.50 ($9 per month). Can't beat that! :-) One additional thing I always do with these guys...I ask them to send me a PAPER INVOICE in the mail. There's no way I'm giving these guys a credit card or debit card number. The radio service is good but I don't trust their billing dept at all! I think they charge an extra $2 for a paper invoice...which is fine by me. I've done this for several years. I also use a label-maker and stick my subscription expiration date on the back of my radio so I don't forget to call and cancel (or get another deal) next year!

Worked. Thank you!
$89 does not include all channels. Got all-access package for $119.

Back