How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I just called. (10/21/2014) I said I would like to cancel unless they had an offer. I was immediately offered $89 for 12 months. With fees and taxes it came out to be $107.96

Great little site you have going here. Just re-upped for $111.38, incl tax/fees. Thx for the info.

the $89/year is still being offered as a promo rate. Did not have to haggle too much...good luck

Just called to cancel - she asked why and I said that money is a little tight right now. She was very nice and said she understands and that she'll give me a better deal. She started out with the $89 for a year and I then asked if there was anything shorter term...she offered the $25 for 5 months without hesitation. Definitely the best experience I've had with Sirius XM to date! I called 888-601-6302

I got the $25 for 6 months offer. no problems. And then I will renew in April , either at a monthly or 6 month rate or see what the next offer is.....

89/year ($100.13) with the XM Select package. I'm a new costumer who declined the 3 months free trial in order to get this WAY BETTER DEAL!!

I'm so happy i stumbled on this! I got charged $60 something for a 3 month all access subscription at the beginning of October. Gave them a call and told them I saw a Sirius XM ad mentioning a 6 months for $25 deal. No hassle at all the CSR explained that the deal was for limited access (no internet radio, no howard stern, no nfl games) which was no big deal for me, i only listen to music in my car with the radio anyway. She set me up with the deal and refunded my account the excess that I had paid (with a little prorating for the almost month I used, still got a refund of about $22). This is fantastic.

There are stations I listen to that aren't included on the cheap package, plus I have NavTraffic and NavWeather, but I was charged $168 for 6 months of all access and the traffic/weather. I called and the guy offered the same for a full year and I only had to pay an additional $14.80. I'd say that's a pretty good deal!

Got the $89 per year deal on XM Select and they did half price for a year ($21.95) for Infotainment (NAVTraffic only). Really happy with their customer service this time around.

I am so glad that a friend of mine told me about 2 weeks ago that he was being emailed offers from Sirius XM for years for $20 for 6 months and it would simply just keep renewing at that rate. He had the music only package. A few months ago he had an accident that totaled his car so he canceled subscription and today they offered him the same package again based on his saying he received an email offer. I called last week to transfer my XM to a different car because mine was totaled a month ago in an accident and the CSR I spoke with told me that there were not ANY deals to be offered that were less than my $164.99 fees taxes XM Select Package. He lied. Truth is I only listen to about 5 stations and I've been a subscriber since 2005. If I had paid attention to the cost and deals vs having my subscription auto renew for too much unused money, I'd have save a whole lot over the years. I just called and the CSR I just spoke with, as so very sweet ass she sounded, just told me that the $20/5 months etc is subject to availability. I told her immediately that I just totaled my last car and had to buy another and that I truly don't need XM as I only listen to 5 stations and can do without. I confirmed with her that there were no specials for me and she confirmed that there were no specials so I told her to cancel my subscription. She asked if I wanted to cancel it after my expiration date in May 2015 or now. I said, NOW. She said, 'may I place you on a brief hold? we surely wouldn't want to lose you as a customer so I'd like to get this approved by my supervisor.' As I suspected, she came back offering the 50% off for the $89/year for the XM Select package and I explained to her once again that my goal is to save money and only pay for what I need which is 5 stations and $89 is too much. She quickly offered me the $24.99/5 month deal and offered to credit my account or refund my card for the balance of $72 in my account. I told her to refund my card.

With this deal please note that (I was told) once the 5 month period expires the plan auto renews for $42.99 (regular XM Select rate of $14 /month) or so QUARTERLY (every 3 months) unless you call to cancel or change your plan. I set my calendar in my cell phone to alarm on March 3rd (early because I'll forget so I'll give myself some extra days to get it done) so that I can remember to call and cancel or change.

XM also offers Navigation (GPS). A friend received it for free in his offer for his Buick. I wasn't aware of this. I found it on their site by googling does XM offer navigation and it came up. They offer it for $3.99 or $4.99 per month I believe. Once on the site you can click to see if your vehicle is NAV Traffic equipped which it has to be in order to use their navigation service. I have a Mercedes and unfortunately Mercedes vehicles are not NAV Traffic equipped. Someone stole my NAV DVD disc so I was trying an easier route as the discs are expensive if purchased via Mercedes and have to be updated.

Just did this 5 minutes ago! The lady seemed to be trying to get me to verbalize that I would cancel, so I did, then she told me about the $89 special. Came to $104 exactly for me. The key is to be as nice as possible to them, and you can pretty much get whatever you want. Thanks so much!

I paid $30 for 6 months with very little effort. Just called to cancel and said I would be willing to pay what I did last time. Less than a 5 minute call.

Back