How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Got the $25 for 5 months today. Just tell them you are cutting costs and expenses and have to cancel.

Just took the $89/yr deal (105.86 /taxes) thanks to reading the comments below. Will have to call back before renewal so my card doesn't get charged 179.82 next Oct.

Called yesterday 10/12/2014 and was told no specials available for me.
So I called back today at 866-635-2349 to say my subscription was expiring tomorrow and wanted to cancel unless there was any other special offer available. I was immediately offered the $89/year. Went ahead and took it so as not to have to fuss with it for another year.

just got 6 months for 26.49. I had removed my card from file and turned off auto renewel. it was up next week and they called today and just offered it didn't even had to ask. I will be calling next week to remove my card again and play this game again in the spring.

Just called in, told them I wanted to cancel because the price was not good enough, was transferred to customer care and they were able to give me five month plan for $20 ($21 and change with taxes and fees).

I have the internet radio on mine as well. I ended up almost halfing my renewal bill just by asking to cancel the subscription. When they asked why I just said it was because of the cost (which is true) and they were able to offer the same package at $78 less than I would have been paying and because I still had a month and half until my renewal I got credit for what I paid so I renewed at only $107 less than if I kept the auto renewal that they sent me. Ok so it probably is $140 total but it's still a significant savings without losing any service.

I called today (11/13) saying I was going to cancel. Offered me the $89/year deal, which I said was beyond my budget. Asked him about the $24.99/5 months, and he agreed. Asked him to send me an invoice and waive the $2.00 invoice fee, which he agreed to do. I ask for an invoice because I do not want them to have my credit card number which they will use to automatically charge future renewals at the 'going rate' which translates into whatever price they choose. Another tip: always call to cancel just before your renewal date, otherwise they will automatically renew you and send you a bill for the 'going rate.' For me, the final price for the $24.99/5 months after the royalty fee, tax, and a one day credit of $0.16 (because I renewed a day early), was $29.99.
I have found this process to be easier over time as you learn more specifically what to ask for up front. Good luck on your negotiations!

Just called a few minutes ago (10/13/14) and said I wanted to cancel. The CSR asked if I still enjoyed listening, and I said, 'yes, for the most part' and she immediately offered me $89 promotional rate on each of my 2 radios for 1 year deal (XM Select Package). It's so silly that I have to go through this charade every year to get the discounted rate.

I just called having gotten my $185.50 renewal notice (due next month) and explained that I don't think I can keep the service due to the price. The representative gave me a reduced price, credited because it changed my anniversary date to today (a new one-year deal until 10/13/15) for $88.46 including all taxes and fees.

just called today (10-13-14). Renewed my XM Select for 1 year. Called 866-835-2349. Initially, spoke with an automatic recorder that verified my phone number and found the account related to my number. I said I wanted to cancel, which lead me to speak to a real person. Related to the rep. that I was going to cancel my plan do to the direct hard copy bill being significantly higher than my renewal last year. My renewal date was on 11-18-14, so I received a $10.91 credit for renewing now instead of next month. Long story short, I renewed for the $89.00 plus the 'fees' taxes local & state & 'US music Royalty fees for $103.63. Then she proceeded to read a lot of scripted material, which included an automatic renewal of the account a year from now at a much higher rate...like $200.00 plus. Apparently, as long as you call or cancel before next years renewal date, you can re-negotiate the price to avoid the 'increase'. I did renew by credit card...but stated it was not an automatic renewal on card next year, simply a one time renewal only. Basically, you have to be careful and remind yourself to renew before their scam continues a year from now. I also was not charged the $2.00 invoice fee by paying with the credit card. This process is just a game and unfortunately we all get to play it once per year of for some every six months. We all have to admit, that we do like the product, but want it at a fair price.

Called the CSR # ( 866-635-7541) and told the rep I received info on renewal, but had friends who renewed for 6 months for $25. They gave me the price plus fees, total of $28.11. I'll get no renewal notice, but I can call before 4/16 and ask to cancel. I immediately added a reminder on my phone for 4/10, along with the above number.

So just to be clear, when you all are saying you got $21 for 5 months or $26 for 6 months, do you mean you're paying $21 for all 5 months, or $25 per month for 5 months?

Called 866-635-2349 to cancel. Tried two different reps. The plan I was offered was even higher than what I received in the mail. Said there were no special promotions at this time.

Today I received the $89 offer. I was on hold for a couple minutes while the rep 'searched for' a special deal for me. I didn't threaten to cancel; just said I would like a better deal than the one I currently have. I was polite, she was polite, and all is well.

I also just called and got the 6 months for $25. $28.11 total after fees and taxes. I will need to call back in 6 months to 'cancel'. I also just set a reminder in my phone to do so one day prior. For a $100 in annual savings, I guess it's worth the hassle.

Hello,
I just called and didn't do as well as many of your other guests. I did receive 5 months and a waiver for the use since September 4th - October 14 ($23.85) for $30.01. The removed a $2 charge for not sending me the past due notice for the above mentioned.
I will need to call back and renegotiate the fees in 5 months but it's still better than the $195.28 charge they originally wanted.
Thanks for the help!

Just called (866)-635-7541 and asked for a deal on an XM all access package and without any drama I was offered $119 which was fine with me. I had 21 days left on my year contract. The other day I called and they would not give me any deal at all, they just quoted full price.

I also just called. I received 5 months for $30.00 Right as my1st 5mos was ending - Have to say they were very nice about the whole thing and very friendly - much more from when I called a few weeks ago.. when I knew my time was coming up.. then the woman was very rude and said NO Deal.. Tonight's call was quite nice.. Its a pain to do every 5 mos.. but if I was to get the same rep it would be ok Of course I doubt I will ever have that good of luck lol.

I called the retention number below and without any fuss was given the all access pack for a year for $119 which is what I was looking for. All in all, that is a decent price compared to $200. Last week XM would not give me a deal at all when I called. I just asked for a year deal.

Called to cancel trial subscription which ended today, 10-14-14. Asked for special rate for All Access and lady I spoke with quoted $199 plus tax and fees for 12 month subscription. Told her was too expensive. She basically said sorry, no special rates available at this time.
Waited 45 minutes and called 866-635-2349 and spoke with Kerwiin and was offered $49.99 plus fees and tax ($60.33 total), for All Access,which I accepted.
Thanks for all the hints

Back