How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I just called, and was given the cold shoulder. I mentioned the offers posted below, and they said there was nothing they could do. :( I even called back as new customer and no offer was given. I was a little annoyed by the attitude they had. I canceled and with all the adds they are playing now, I am just going to stay with free radio. - Very disappointing, hopefully you have a better experience.

I received the $89 offer. Note, they will add taxes/fees to this. Total $99.

just got them to re-up my current deal of 5mo/$20 tax/fees
First I asked to cancel.
They offered 12mo/$89.
Told them it wasn't worth that price to me.
Then was offered $44.97/6 mo. and was told what a great deal that was. (It's basically the same monthly price, for half the time)
Told them I understood, but wasn't interested,
and was only paying $20/5 mo. today.
She offered me that again. I took it.

Be nice, but be firm, and be prepared to actually cancel, which I was.
I had previously let my service lapse for 4-6 months, and they may know I did mean it

Got the $89 just by asking today with total of $100.19 for a year. 2 weeks ago I called and they blew me off. Give it some time, it's a crap shoot. Depends on who you get.

Seriously u think that you can get away what you have been ? They are catching on to the game and not giving in anymore .. If u can afford a boat a new car n house and all these trips then im sure you can afford the service .. Guess what grow up you cheap americans !?

All Access plan offered for $119.88 plus fees and taxes ... Much better than the $199 starting point ! Thanks for the info all ...

I just called to re-activate my XM service and was offered 5 months for $20.00. I simply stated that I would like to get the $89/year rate that I'd received flyers about, and the CSR said 'Okay.' $100.13 paid and radio activated. No auto renewal. (I'd had the same experience as others--two weeks ago, the answer was 'sorry, no-can-do.')

This goes back to the person who said we are cheap. We are cheap for a reason. The economy is in trouble and all you people want to do is screw us to the ground. People are starving in the U.S and we are concerned about peoples safety. Ebola is a problem now and the money we save on a service that is almost useless and worth peanuts to us compared to the fight to save people with Ebola. I would gladly give my money to save someone's life then to buy some useless service.

My subscription ended yesterday... Just called 866-635-7541 and said I received notification about getting 12 months of the all access package for $131.71 including all fees (as was noted below- from 4 days ago). The representative said it's a different price because of taxes- she then knocked off $8.00 and the all-in cost came out at $123.29. Think this is a good deal.

Ok buddy, chill out. Not everyone on this post can afford a boat or new car or much less house....not sure where you got that assumption. If Sirius is bending to offer half the cost, then they can obviously do so without affecting their revenues. Otherwise there's no way they would. Plus, it's in their best interest to keep current customers happy and returning. Sirius is not the only option for music.

I called and said I was going to cancel but would like to hear their options. She immediately said I was a loyal customer and offered the $89 fee plus taxes/fee (total $99). I honestly can't afford the $189 so this is much more doable. Good luck, just be friendly and honest.

Ok buddy, chill out. Not everyone on this post can afford a boat or new car or much less house....not sure where you got that assumption. If Sirius is bending to offer half the cost, then they can obviously do so without affecting their revenues. Otherwise there's no way they would. Plus, it's in their best interest to keep current customers happy and returning. Sirius is not the only option for music.

I called and said I was going to cancel but would like to hear their options. She immediately said I was a loyal customer and offered the $89 fee plus taxes/fee (total $99). I honestly can't afford the $189 so this is much more doable. Good luck, just be friendly and honest.

I called to cancel my subscription when it ran out next month. First I got offered $185/year, then $89/year, then $44 for 6 mos and finally $24 for 5 months and I had a $13 credit so my payment was under $15 for 5 months with no auto renewal. My other car is up in January. I really like Sirius radio in the cars but I have no qualms about canceling either car unless the price is right.

STOP RIGHT HERE AND READ...I just got off the phone with Sirius at 1-866-575-7474. I paid for service last year in my new car a total of $108.55. Then they sent me the bill for this upcoming year at $187.50. My plan was to cancel. Not to get it lowered. I spoke to the one rep who tried to get me to pay monthly, and two different prices that still totaled over $187.50. I told her I was ok with the 108 I paid last year and would be ok to pay that this year, so she put me on hold for a long time and came back and said I could pay $110 plus tax, etc. if I gave her the credit card number over the phone immediately. I wanted an invoice. Something in print. Not her promise that it will be the same as before. I wanted an invoice sent to me via snail mail or email, I dont care, just adjust my account and I will pay it online once I see that you are going to renew me a full year and you are not going to change my package. She wanted that credit card number. Bad. I wanted an invoice. I told her forget it and just cancel it. She transferred me to a second agent who gave me another year of the same package for $74 !!! I got the invoice to prove it and I was happy to pay LESS than I did last year.

For Canadian residents!
I'm canadian so the number didnt work for me, but i called the canadian sirius and was still able to get a year of select plus (includes internet and mobile app) for $75 but totalling $113 taxes and fees included.
In Canada they recently increased the radio service fee to $2.30 a month and we pay more in taxes, hence the higher end cost. :(

First they offered me $125 for the year and i politely said its too much and the rep then offered $113 as the best they could do.
I settled for this even though i paid about $120 last time for a whole year plus the stargate car kit which has pause and rewind.
Hope you find this information helpful.

I just called 1-888-601-6302 and told them I wanted to cancel my radio subscription. My Select package special of $25 just ended and the renewal was $52.49/quarter. I told them I only listen to a few channels (which is true) and that it wasn't worth it to me unless I had All Access so that I could listen to NFL games. I was offered $120 for one year. I said it was still too much and was offered $50 for six months for the All Access Package. I jumped on that deal.

Took nearly 20 minutes, and a transfer where I had to explain the whole thing again, but they took care of me in removing the $185/yr charge that autorenewed (from a $90/yr charge last year), and instead I will have a 5mo subscription for $25 tax, since the lease will be up by then anyhow. Grateful for those of you on here who have compiled this info!

I received a letter from Siriusxm to sign up after my trail ends later this month. The rate quoted for one years was$164.89 before service fees which brings the total to over $200. I called 1-800-347-0600 and mentioned I read online deals from $24 per month to $77 a year were being negotiated. She immediately offered me half off or $89 which totaled $100.13 with fees. However, this deal doesn't include Howard Stern, NFL, NASCAR and some other channels, all of which I do not listen to anyway. Is this the case with others who have received reduced rates? Just curious. Thanks

I just finished up after speaking to two reps. Annual renewal notice was for $185.50. After some casual conversation a negotiated price of $80.44 was agreed to. They want retention folks. Be friendly when speaking to them. They react to how you present yourself

Back