How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I called this morning with my very best phone manners and was told there were no specials after my one year of free access that came with my new car.. Asked what he could do for me please and was offered 6 months for $25.00. Asked for a year and was offered it for $100.00. When I told him that didn't make sense he offered me a year of Select for $50.13. Works perfectly for me since I don't use online radio. Thank you Spoofee !

Called to renew for another 6 months. Have been customer since inception in 2001. Been through different portable models and had subscriptions in all my cars since 10 years ago. Had three radios until a few months ago. Canceled one radio because service was bad. Today I tried to ask CSR to give me best deal possible. She refused. It was bumped up to her supervisor and she refused. So after being customer for 13 years, I canceled my account and terminated service for the remaining two radios. The supervisor could not care less that the company just lost a long time customer. I was willing to pay for 3 years if the rate was good. Company was more focused on short terms gains than longer goals. This is not a good sign for a service company.

Just called 5 minutes ago, told the CSR I needed to cancel my automatic renewal because the price was too high. He looked up my account and immediately offered me 1 year of Select for $97 (including all the taxes and fees) which was what I was looking for. Could not have been easier, thanks for the tip!

I called 1-888-601-6296 and told them I wanted to cancel due to financial difficulties. I was immediately quoted a price of $24.99 for a 5 month period. I asked if I could get that price for 6 months. I was told I could get 5 months for $19.99 plus taxes/fees. Total ended up being $22.31 for 5 months....not too shabby, I'd say

Don't despair if they don't cave and cancel you instead. That happened to me, so I called back and the rep said there's nothing we can do, since you've been canceled, would you like to speak to a rep about renewing? I said yes, I told the new woman that I canceled because I couldn't afford the 89/year deal (I lied, mine was 210/year), but a friend told me about the 5 months for $25. She gave it to me, so I'll just have to call back and do this again :) Keep calling, you'll get it eventually!

Just got off the phone with CSR....my trail was ending (we had Sirius in our older car, but we have a new account). My husband loves Howard so we had to purchase the All Access. Originally quoted $199 tax. I was able to get it for $119.88 ($131.71 w/tax)! It took me a few calls to finally get a CSR who could find me the best deal and this deal was the one! :)

Our renewal bill was for $185.50, but since I was issued a new CC this past year & it couldn't auto renew, when I looked online today and the bill was for $198.12.. so, I called to cancel and was offered the 1yr Select for $89 fees & tax.. grand total = $111.41... so ~$6.92 increase over last year's rate & much better than the auto renew rate. Almost a ~50% savings for 5 minutes on the phone. Thanks Emma via Spoofee.. -j&s

We were also offered the $89 fees/tax (a little over $99 total) for the annual renewal. While it is a bit more than 5 months for $25 fees/tax, it is definitely a better option for us due to the convenience of not having to call back early next year.

Yesterday I called XMSirius at 1-888-601-6302. I said the bill the company just emailed me was too expensive ($190.82 for a year) and I was going to cancel unless she could offer me a better price. The person I spoke with said there were no discount deals available. Additionally, she said the current rate was about $7 more than the email indicated so I should expect to be charged that higher amount. I'd been through this before so I said OK and hung up. I then called back a minute later, said the same thing and this time the rep forwarded my call to the cancellation department. At first, they offered me a 1-year policy for $89 (with taxes and fees it would be $106.86). I think this would be approx. what I paid for this past year's service. I said no, and that a friend had recently gotten a deal for 5 mos. for $25. (My 'friend' was everyone kind enough to post on this site!) The rep immediately offered me that deal. After taxes and fees I'll pay $29.80. The only disadvantage is that I'll need to remember to call again in 5 months to renegotiate. I'm happy, though. Next time I'll directly call the number on the bill for cancellations (1-866-687-4213) as I think I'll waste less time if I just get to the right people right away.

The best I could do was get them to $89 for 2 renewals for the Select package. Not great....was hoping they would give a bigger break renewing 2, but that all they could do. But happy with that. I even offered to do it for 2 years for both, but they said all they could do is 1.

I cancelled 4 days ago and just called back and reinstated for 6 months at 24.99... Thanks!

Called me a few days before offered $7 for 3 mths, i asked to call back as i was on a business call. Called me back on the expiry date offered $75 per yr, we accepted, 36hrs later we still have a preview channel and $115 charged. called it in and they said yes its $75 plus music taxes and gov taxes. WTF. I said just cancel it and got the lecture of it being $14/mth if i need it reactivated. For what it was worth the 1yr free was good but its too costly for radio that i listen 1hr per day.

My 1-year premium subscription at $150 was ending in 2 days. I called last week and was offered $165/year for Select. I said no. I called up today saying I wanted their best deal or I was turning it off. They offered me $165 again. I told them I would pay no more than $90. Then they quickly offered me the $89/year plan $11 random fee $6 tax. = $106.

Call customer advocacy number at 866-635-7541. They immediately quote the best promotional prices. On 9-29-14, I got 5 months of service for $25 with one phone call and no threats of cancelling were used. Simple, easy and quick.

My 2 month trial just ended and the offer they made to me was 12 months for the price of 11 at $164.89. I mentioned that was too much for me and that a 'friend' had gotten 6 months for $24.99 and she immediately offered me that deal, no questions asked. Thanks to the kind posters on this website!

This worked for me as well today. Called 866-687-4213. Immediately gave me $89 for a year. Thanks

Back