How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

finishing up the trial on my new car. Called for renewal and they gave me the typical talk at full price. I asked for the 5 month for $25 and they gave it to me immediately. Of course they said at renewal I will be billed at full quarterly price but can cancel at any time. I have put a tickler on my calendar for beginning of March to call and cancel and get the special again whatever that may be. I am sure this site will keep me informed. I really do appreciate the updates here as it has saved me a nice amount of $$.

Is the $89/year for everything (including music/Stern/Internet listening) or just music?

I jus received a quote of 117 plus tax, I said no called back and got a quote of 164 plus tax, called the third time and got a quote of 143 plus tax. They don't want to agree on the 25 for six months or 89 for one year. What a scam.

Just got the $25/5 mo for two radios. Internet radio on top added a little - with taxes/fees it is about $73. I was going to drop one radio and use internet on smart phone for the other, but this is better. Will repeat in Feb to see what I can get. Thanks for those who have gone before me here to pave the way.

renewed 2 radios for $330 annual - I called and said that was way too high and I want to cancel. They offered 50% off first, I said I thought it was still too much - then went to $25 for 5 months ($31.99 with taxes and fees) - that translates to $154 per year for 2 radios but I have to call in 5 months.

After calling their renewal # a couple of times and being offered 131 for all access, I found this site and called 866-635-2349 about my ending trial subscription.
I was offered the SiriusXM All Access (better than the select package) which includes Howard Stern and internet at $100.13 with all fees and taxes included!

work like charm ! tell them you have a coupon and then get you radio code .....sweet.

Hmmm I just called my subscription is running out (new vehicle) They quoted me a total of $154.00 for the year (that's full price) on the mostly music package. Said, I was going to cancel when it runs out. Didn't seem to matter they did not give me a better price or any discounts. I'll try again in a few weeks. But they were sticking to full price.......

I've been getting the 5 for 25 offer for several years now. If they refuse - then ask for cancellation and the cancellation department will give you the deal. Looks like they have started letting the regular reps do the deal now.

What are you all being quoted for US Music Royalty Fee?

My auto-renewal billing shows $53.85 for 3 years, or about $1.50 per month for XM Select. Based on the nominal and fees included amounts I'm seeing in this thread, it sounds like some of you are paying less for that also.

What are you all being quoted for US Music Royalty Fee?

My auto-renewal billing shows $53.85 for 3 years, or about $1.50 per month for XM Select. Based on the nominal and fees included amounts I'm seeing in this thread, it sounds like some of you are paying less for that also.

I just called to cancel. She tried different prices to get me to stay. Finally got $89 for year with no other taxes.

My subscription renewal notice arrived about a month ago and I intended to call before the renewal date, which was yesterday. My negotiating experience last year was horrible and lasted nearly an hour, hence my procrastination this time around.

The renewal fee on the notice was $185.50, including a Music Royalty Fee of $20.61. The charge on my credit card that appeared upon yesterday's renewal was $194.78. Of course I knew the $9.28 difference was for taxes, but I decided that was enough to argue for a refund or insist on cancellation. So, I called 866-635-2349 this morning and directed myself to the cancellation department. 'Brian' was extremely pleasant. He asked what was my reason for cancellation and I said I'm a student and money is tight. He immediately offered '50%' off, which totaled $105 after fees and taxes. I exhibited further hesitation saying every dollar toward Sirius is a dollar I could put toward textbooks. He then offered me $25 for 6 months, or ~$29 after fees and taxes. I took that deal and will be calling again just shy of 6 months to renegotiate. The total time of the call was 10m35s, which included his lengthy and comprehensive verbal confirmation of the agreement. I will be receiving a refund of the difference (~$164) to my credit card.

I just got 5 months for $28.11 on my first try, no questions asked. $25 $3.11 royalty fee.

just called and wanted to cancel due to price They offered the 89.00.

This really works..I was able to get All Access for $99. I guess they have plenty of plans across the board. I saved $85.

My XM Select expired last month and I missed it! Found this thread, thank you. I called today even though I had no code I just asked for what promos are available and the nice rep Marco said 6 months for $25 or 1 year for $100. I took the 6 months and it came out to $28 with taxes. Happy!

Back