How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

On Thursday, 8/28, I called to cancel my $20 for 5 months and was offered another 5 months for $20.

On Monday, 9/1/14: I called the number on my renewal to cancel my subscription. Renewal amount for 1 year was billed at $185. I have Sirius XM all channels. First rep said he couldn't do anything, so I asked for a manager. 2nd guy offered me 5 months for $25, told me to call the cancellation line directly when the 5 months is up and they will give me another special. Cancellation line is 866-635-9349. Also,they are sending me a bill and said the fee for the paper bill is $2, which I asked them to waive and they did. Will send a check when I receive the bill...no credit card used.

My service was due to renew Oct 1 for $185.50. I called to cancel, and got a year for $89.66 including taxes. And, I made them drop the auto renewal. We'll see if that really happens. Great site, thanks!

oh my goodness.........I tried what is suggested below and it worked. First CSR told me that she couldn't do anything for my $200.16 annual renewal that I received in the mail. I hung up and called back and told them I was cancelling and I got an annual renewal for $116.59 including tax etc. What a racket but so glad I read all of the comments and suggestions. Thanks fellow Americans!!

I just called to cancel my automatic subscription renewal and instead of $185.50/12 mo. charged to my credit card, I was offered $24.67 for 5 months billed at home and they waived the $2.00 billing fee. AMAZING!

I just called. Said no to the half off $89 dollar price. I brought up the 5 month for $25 and they accepted.

Was going to be charged $164.89 for 12 month renewal. Called to cancel and was offered $89 for 12 months. Asked if she could do any better and she came back with $25 for 6 months. Countered for 6 months and she agreed. All in = $29.79 for 6 months.

I just cancled!! the CSR sent me to 'her boss' She offered me 89.99 for the next 12 months if I was willing to stay! Way better than the 179,99 they charged my card for!!!

just called and tried to turn my all access back on (free 1 yr trial just expired last week) and they said the best they could do was 1 free month on a 12 month subscription...($199 total)...I told them that was too much and I only want to pay $100 a year...she said that wasnt possible and was there anything else she could help me with...damn

Just called 866 635 2349 to cancel my subscription and got 6 months for 25 dollars, paper bill and 2 dollar fee waived. It works.

I called after receiving a six month bill for $110.25. Chose the phone prompt to cancel service. Rep offered me 5 months for $25, but told rate would go up in six months to $49 for a 3 month term. I will call back in February to ask for a better deal, but happy to get the next 5 months for $25.

Just got the $89 ($101.60 with fees & taxes) for one year deal without any fuss. Very short phone call. Works out to less than 28 cents per day!

I am in Arizona - I went straight to cancel my service prompt and the rep asked how he could help. I said I heard there were better rates and my renewal is due in a week. He said what if I can't give you a better rate? I said I would cancel - so he offered me $89 a year & he could mail me an invoice with $2 fee (I am ok with that, as I don't want them to have my credit card on file). So with royalty fees, my total is arounf $100. much better than the $185 - so I am happy. Very nice professional man and easy to understand - took about 3 minutes. Good for another year.

I just got the $89/yr deal, too. They had auto-renewed me at $198.50/yr without sending me a notice, so they refunded the difference.

9/3/14, 8:50 PM, just renewed my honda, and plug and play, for the $89 special rate plus $11 royalty fee each plus one $2 billing fee. I initially told them to cancel plug and play and negotiated $89 each rate. They were easy to negotiate and happy to get the $89 ea..
Total bill for the two radios,txs and fees $200.66.
Mike in Missouri

Just renewed for $89/year, $99.22 total. CSR was very pleasant (well, I was too....they seem to appreciate that). It took about 10 minutes - I just said I noticed my rate was going up and my service was spotty at times (true, it does drop out now and then), so I was going to cancel. She said she saw that I had an $85 promo last year, and offered the $89 deal right away. Close enough!

Just used this approach for my renewal. Renewal notice showed regular price of $185.50, plus tax, for Sirius Select package. CSR gave me same package at a total price of $101.13 for the next year.

Back