How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

99.75 was taken out of my checking account without me authorizing it from sirus radio.

Just did the same thing. Called to cancel and was offered the year at $114 or 5 months for $38. I took the 5 months.

Reminder...be careful becasue they try and slide in there quickly that your card will be charged on a recurring basis. Which means, when your subscription is up they will charge you the amount of a regulr year plan to your card.

Got busy and forgot that my sub. renewed today, saw that they had already charged me $54.38, called in and after saying 'no' a couple of times got the 6-mo plan for $30.22 all-in so $24.16 refunded to my cc. Now I just have to remember to jump thru the hoopla again in Feb. next year...

Just did mine now $25 for 6 month. Total after fees $28.11
Told the rep I didn't mean to nit pick prices but I'm reviewing rates online and see the best deal as $25 for 6 months and he gave it to me.

If you call to cancel, and say no to the first two offers they make, they will eventually offer you 5 months for $20.00 which comes to $27.86 with all taxes and fees. Ask and they will send you an invoice rather than having you pay by credit card on the phone. I've done this for two 5 month periods in a row.

Just called, 'cancelled' twice, and then was offered the $25 for 6 months. Bingo!

Just called for a 9/3/14 cancel date. Told rep that price is getting too high and that service goes out a lot where I live. He said he was sorry to hear that, and because of my concerns he could offer me a promo rate of 6mo/24.95. All within about 2 min.

Thanks for the tip! After following advice and saying no to the first two offers I settled on the 5 months deal for 25 (plus taxes/fees). I tried for 6 months but they held firm at 5.

I just got a new car with 3 months free. It's showing the base rate as $14.99 and even less for a 3 yr contract. Is there something more as to different packages?

Got the $25 taxes etc. for 5 month deal for the second time for a total cost of $30.22. It was harder to negotiate this time though as the rep was much tougher and not as nice. After two offers which I refused I told him I wanted the $25 for 5 months and he said he couldn't give it to me because I had already gotten that rate last time. I told him just to cancel and voila! he put me on hold for about 30 seconds and I got the rate. My one suggestion is DO NOT let them sign you up for the Automatic Renewal as you will automatically get the higher rate (I had auto renew for years, so I know.) It's a hassle to call every 5 months but for the savings I think it's worth 10 minutes of my time.

I just tried to get the 5 for $20 deal and they said they do not have any promotions at this time. My current trial ends 9/10/14.

Told them I was not willing to pay the $186/yr. invoice. Told the rep. I heard they had a $25 rate available. Offered me $89/yr.(w/fees=$114 - last year pd $101). Said no. Transferred to another department (cancellation?) Offered the $25/6mo. rate (w/fees = $36). Tried to use reward card with limited life but their system would not take it. You get a $10CR for future service with a renewing service on a credit card. Thanks for the advice that helped me get this rate.

i was successful getting them to credit the $40 autorenewal from 33 days ago to a new six month plan expiring March 1, without paying any additional money. Might could have done better but frankly i'm good with that. Has anyone had success negotiating the addition of internet radio to an existing plan? i spend so much time on desktop these days, would love it...but need to know what pricing to expect.
thanks

I am so glad I found this post! I literally wrote a check for $68.80 tonight for my 3 month invoice. I decided to give this tactic a try, and it worked! I have premium service with computer streaming and didn't want to lose some of my favorite channels. The end result was that I will pay 8.00 LESS for TWICE the length of the subscription. Thanks for the idea!!!!!!

Just got my bill...$103.18 for 6 mo...Called the # and said I'd have to cancel because the price was excessive. Told the rep. that a friend had gotten 6 mos. for $25 plus fees and if she would do the same for me I'd re-up. She said no problem, done in about 4 mins. Tried to get me to go C.C. but I said no, send a bill, she even waived the $2.00 invoice fee. Very pleasant service rep.

Just recieved my renewal notice they want $354.14 for a 2 year renewal, guess I will need to call them.

Back