How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I notice this is for existing customers, do they offer anything for a new subscriber?

I've been an XM subscriber. I had been doing the 89/yr and the online at 3/month. This time they offered the Sirius All access for 120 for year (plus 11 fees) - so basically it was what I had - but now includes Sirius. Not as cheap as the 25/6 months, but it is half price

Was able to get 2 cars internet radio/6 months for $93.16(including all fees). Had to go to cancellation but otherwise not an issue. Cars were the 6 month/$25 deal. Took another reviewers advice and used a debit card so they couldn't automatically charge renewal. They also waived my fee incurred for having service while unable to process my payment. It would have been $18. They chose not to discontinue my service when the payment didn't go through.

Just received $25 for 6 months (with tax $30.11). Offered 5 months initially. I asked for 6 and they said OK -- after the appropriate amount of time on hold, of course. Was renewing 3 radios so that may have helped with getting 6 months. Great info in this forum. Thanks!

I have been a subscriber on 3 radios for 10 years....what a RIP OFF I have been enduring until TODAY! I called to cancel and was offered $25 for 6 months on each radio $30.08 including tax and got a refund of nearly $300 on what they already had billed me

What subscription plan are you getting for this price: 6 months @ $25.00

Is it the All-Access, Select or just Music?

I posted the comment last night asking which plan and then talked to XM today as my 3-month free account with a new car was about to expire. I had been offered XM Select at 6 mos/$29.94 or All-Access at 6 mos/$49.99. I mentioned this thread and the CSA didn't blink ... said we can give you the XM Select for 6 mos. at $24.99 fees.
The taxes vary by state/locality. My 6 mos. total is $29.62. If I don't cancel/renegotiate before the 6 mos. is up it will cost me $53.32 (total) for the next 3 mos.
Someone please remind me.

I was able to get Navigation, Weather Link, and Radio for $42.94 for 6 mons. I had to get transferred to the cancelation people, but I think I did pretty good.

My bill came in from last month and they waived the 38.00 and game me 5 for 25.00 which was like getting 6 months since I didn't have to pay last months bill.

I just called and a very nice lady on the phone was able to cut my subscription in half. What was initially close to a $200 charge came out to $100.13 after taxes :)

I just got off the phone with XM. I just received a bill for 53.92 (tax and fee included) for 3 months. At first I did live chat, asked them what can they can do with the price to keep me a customer and they said there wasn't a promotion going on at this time. So I said I will have to decide if i still wanted to keep service. Rep didn't budge. I found this site saw what everyone was getting and called them directly. When I told her I was looking for a better deal or else I would have no choice but to cancel my service, she put me on hold and came back with $25.00 for 6 months. I have the XM select. I have negotiated with them before but it was harder the last time as they transferred me to a supervisor and got a 5 month deal for about $25.00.This time it was easier. Told her to send me an invoice instead of paying by credit.

8/26/14- I was able to get 6 months for $33.16 with tax, etc. with no problem when I asked them to cancel my service. Better than $172.00 for the year. Thank you

I have 4 radios I called and got all 4 radios plus internet radio for 85,86 for 6 months. Best 20 min I've ever made. Thanks Jim

This is a great post. I have been a sirius customer for over five years. My subscription expired a week ago while I was out of the country. I just called to 'renew' and they quoted me $314 for two years plus tax and 'fees'. Upon receiving the grand total of $424 I told them no and refused to subscribe. Even after the rep spoke with a manager they refused to do anything. I said thanks but no thanks and hung up. I will try another rep tomorrow!

Im Totally in SHOCK!!!!!! Just Bought a New truck Today and called to have my service transfered and the Csr at Sirius told me i was not able to transfer my service??I had that 6 months for $25.00,,She said she would refund the remaining few months money ($7.00)to my account??What really shocked me was she didn't even offer to set me up with a New Plan.I take it Sirius has enough Business that they dont need mine!!!!!!!

I was just upfront with them on everything. Told them if they couldn't lower my bill to my last price then I needed to cancel. They matched it. :) 6 months for just over $30.

My free trial is about to end. I received the 6 months for $29.94 offer and called and got 6 months for $25 plus taxes and fees, totaling $28.11. Honestly, I'm about ready to tear my hair out at the process. I did get them to send me paper invoice reminders for free. I questioned the 'except where prohibited' part. Turns out NYS is one of those places where they can't charge to bill. The process, however, is beyond frustrating. They want to do quarterly billing after the 6 months, at which time I will have to go through this absurdity again. I already have the reminder in my google calendar.

My trial subscription expires in 2 weeks. I got the $29.94/6 mos Select offer in the mail. I just phoned and asked what they could do for All Access and was offered 6 mos for 54.94 (inclusive). I thought that was a decent deal, since I listen on my iPhone and tablet as well as in the car.

Just for done canceling my trial plan. I told them that the reason was the high cost, but they didn't offer a lower cost plan. Maybe they don't need anymore business.

Back