How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

So glad I found this site!!...Called number on renewal notice I got and rep said there were NO specials available to me since I got 1/2 off last year (the 1st time I renewed) and rate would be $185.50...NO WAY..SO I called the number above 888-601-6302..and threatened to cancel...back and forth we went..with me saying that that I knew 'a friend' was paying far less..a little more dancing around and finally was offered $25 for 5 mos..and in Jan. I could renew for $40.48 a QUARTER....took the $25 deal and will call back in Jan. to hopefully Dance Around a little more (LOL) and get the 5 mos. deal again. Thank you to all the posters here!

Yep, totally painless. Got the $25 deal (with tax $32) and took only 4 minutes.

The renewal mailer I received said the annual rate would be $185.50 & I'm glad I read the other reader comments because I mentioned I was looking for a better price. I was immediately offered an annual rate of $89 which sounded great but I noticed one of the comments said there was an online offer of $25 for six months so I asked the Customer Service Rep about that & she said I could have that price. I could not believe how quick & easy it was to go from $185.50 a year to $25 for six months!

Just called to renegotiate, and was offered a year for $89 $7.41 music royalty fees. I said I wanted something better than that, and was offered 5 months for $25 fees, but negotiated that to 6 months for $24.99 (later he referred to it as '$25')- with taxes and MRF it comes to $28.11.
I tried to get him to extend that rate for a full year so I wouldn't have to call again in 6 months to go through this ridiculous dance, but he refused.

Got charged $105 for a 6 month renewal. Nuh uh.

Found this info, called the rep, first off $89/year, second offer was $54/6months. I said too much, so I got a 'very special' offer of $25/5months. Took card off file, and have them mail me a renewal letter in a few months.

Thanks for the help!

Just got off phone. Was paying $385.24 a year for 2 cars. 1 had mostly music and the other 1 was premier with no online or app access. I got upgraded to the select plan and all access plan. Select plan $50 for the year plus fees 57.04. All access negotiated $100 flat with all fees. Total $157.04 for the year. $385 - $157.04 = $228.20 savings plus I got 2 upgraded plans.

Hi,

Had my renewal from XM, for 2 radios. Price was $185.50/year for each radio. I found this website, called and spoke w/ a nice lady by the name of Ginger. She offerd my the $89/year special for each radio. I went ahead and took the deal. I now have a full year in each vehicle for a total of $198.14. I am happy and can live w/ that, it's almost a 50% savings.

Thank you spoofee.com!!!!!!

Thanks

Ok so I received my bill it was for 180.00 I have had xmradio since 2007 and never paid this amount and will not today. I called and was told this amount was due which I said I was going to cancel due to the expensive annual payment . It went from $180 to $89 to $28.11 for 5 months. Which I will call back in 5 months and get another special. Thanks for the help on how to get a better quote.

Was told it would be $185 to renew for a year, so I mentioned the 6 month deal for $25. He checked & said he could offer it to me,so I asked what about extending it for a full year. I was quoted the $89 deal & I took it! For a little over 8 bucks a month, it's worth it for me to have my First Wave!!

Remember doing this 'call' every 6 mos. Invoice has 6 mos for $121 (nav traffic $23, select $87, royalty fee fee $11). Number called was 888-635-5144, automated prompt, asked for cancellation.

When I spoke with 'Jeff' stated I was thinking of canceling because the bill was too high. First offer was for 1 yr at $89 for select package, plus fees and taxes. Additional $20? fee for navtraffic. Total was around $120.

I countered with the $25 for 5 mos ... he checked his system for a little bit, and said he could offer the $25 for 5 mos. $9 for nav for the 5 mos. Total with fees and taxes for 5 mos - $45.53.

I'm good with that!

5 mos u

Just called and told them a friend told me I could get 6 months for $25 and she said 'I can do that'. 2 minutes and done.

I can't stand calling every six months and renegotiating...so I just went for the $89/1 year but THANKS to the forum members for letting me know about this - another year of service for about 55% less than what they wanted!

What a joke to have to play game, but have been doing since 2009.
Have always held out for $77 or $86/yr plus taxes, but this time said I would only except $24.99/6 months. Said could not do, but understood I wanted to cancel and then said, 'let me see what I can do for you, an you hold?' Of course, then gave me the deal. First said cost was $25 plus taxes $31.73. She then asked if I wanted a one time charge on my visa I said yes. She then further reduced the rate by $2.23 to a total of $29.50. Said the invoice fee was waived because of one time charge. That makes no sense, but of course I took that deal.

Bottom line, Never pay what they ask. They do NOT want you to cancel, but always be willing to call back if you don't get the deal you want or be willing to Walk. If you did walk, they probably would send you a deal to come back. Crazy! I enjoy certain stations on XM and for only $4.91/month can't complain and have to put up with this circus for renewal

I just got a radio today and didn't have a subscription. They gave me the monthly and yearly price rundown, and I mentioned the $25 deal for 6 months and got it. I don't wanna call every 6 months either, but to save $130/year it's worth it. Thanks for the help.

Just got off the phone with ole' XM. Had to go to cancellations after they tried to auto renew me for 38.00! I had the 9.99 for 3 month deal mostly music package prior to this. I understand that's a pretty low amount so i wasn't too upset for not getting it offered again. However, i did walk away with the XM select package for $30.12 for 6 months. Its an upgrade for me, but, I really wont use the extra channels. I barely use the ones I have. At least I've got my Alt Nation :

Hold the weddin! I just got the 5 months for 25.00 plus. (This is my 3rd time) Are you folks just rounding to 6 or is there a 6 month deal for 25plus out there?

Back