How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

XM just tried to charge my card $101.80 renewal fee for 6 months. I used this sites advise said I did not use the service and knew friends that were paying $77 for one year and wished to cancel. They transferred me to cancelation dept and they offered me 6 months for $25 and committed to refund the rest of the charge back to my card in 3 to 5 days.

Let my free trial expire about a week ago. Called the reactivation number at 866-408-2796. US-based agent (yay!) offered the following: XM Select for 5 months at $20 plus T/F. Asked if they had a longer plan (one year) - she offered $89 plus T/F for XM Select. I asked about something that included NavTraffic - she offered that for an additional $42 for a year. Total for one year of XM Select plus NavTraffic was$151.24 including all taxes and fees. Renewal rate was $275.64, which is significant discount.

FYI, I used a Citi credit card which allows me to generate a virtual account number that can only be used for a certain amount of time. This number will not work when it comes around to renewal time so they can not automatically charge me. :)

Just did it! Took all of five minutes $25 for 6 months....total $28.31. I also took an invoice rather than give CC info.

This actually really worked. First offered the year at $89 and then 5 months at $25 plus taxes and fees. Quick and simple.

Just renewed 2 car radios for 89.99 each for 1 year. The bill I received for $185.50 on each radio. I have done this every year since 2010 and it has worked every time.

Just renewed at 89 for 1 year. Got them to waive the $2 invoice fee. Total after taxes and other fees was $102. Thanks for the info.

I just called and said I wanted 6 months for $25. If you don't get it, just call back 5 minutes later to speak with someone else. I've been doing this for years and have never spent more than 10 minutes to get a huge discount. Sirius is really a poorly run company.

No idea why people aren't getting the $25/ 6 months.... $90/ year is even higher... I get the $25 each time!!

Was given the $89-a-year deal with only a few minutes of going back and forth over why I was canceling (They wanted to charge me almost $200 before I called). Do NOT pay full price for your subscription-you can absolutely get the price down without much hassle, and you shouldn't have to pay more!

Called 866-635-5020 to cancel. Was immediately offered the $89 for 12 months. With fees and taxes, that was $101.85, he waived the $2.00 for the invoice fee, so final cost was $99.86. I could have pushed for the $25 for 5 months, but it actually is worth it to me to not have to remember to deal with them every 5 months.

Be sure to use a debit card if you can, that way they can't autobill you if you forget about an upcoming renewal date.

Was given the $25/6m deal. Just called in and told them I wanted the special, first said it expired and not available. Told then to go ahead and cancel the service, she then looked for any offers that they could offer me and wow they have a $25 for 6 months available T/F. Was told the it would auto renew for $43.00 with T/F. Will have to spend 5 min again in 6 months

Just renewed my 3 month trial offer for 24.99 for 6 months, and reactivated my wifes car radio for 24.99 for 6 months as well, without any hassles

Just attempted to cancel my subscription and immediately she offered me the deal of 5 months for only $25 bucks..Thanks a lot! this is awesome!

Seems there's a music royalty fee now. Mine came out to $31.98 for six months.

I just got a subscription of xm select package, naviweather and traffic for $56/6mo. Is it good enough ?

Back