How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I upgraded to AllAccess. Went from full price $172 to $50.75 for 6 months, with no negotiation or playing around. Just asked to cancel. got offered $89/yr. or all access for $100/yr ( fees). asked for a 6 month rate, and it was half. That should get me through football season!

The magic word is CANCEL. You say that and you will get the $25 for 6 months. I just hooked up 3 radios in 2 weeks and it worked every time!

I won't pay activation fee. I may never get one. They charge to turn it on?

On the phone with Mary now-she has to speak with her supervisor to see if I can get my promo rate continue for another 6 months...supervisor agreed. $30.57 with the fees and taxes...

Pow - Just renewed - 6months...24.99...fees & taxes = $30.01
She offered the 89/yr....I asked about a 6month plan...she offered 24.99.
3rd time in a row Ive gotten it. I just add a reminder in my calender to call back in about 4 days before my renewal period. Worth the 10mins Im on the phone.

Ive been with them for years. Ive gotten my rate down to $49.36 full subscription for a full year!!! You just have to be in the mood to play the game. You tell them your friends have gotten all lower rates and that coupons and lower rates are online and everywhere. Then if you don't get the price you like you ask to speak to a supervisor. Then complain about the service, complain that you were on the phone to long etc., etc. Just don't hang up until you get someone who will get you what you demand!!! I swear it works every time!!!!

Not as easy as they say. The trial period expired. There was no email with any special offers and the 'car radio's code' did not 'populate' any offers. I got the $89/year (actually $100.13) by insisting that many others on the internet are reporting this is an offered price and that I was offended that it was not being given to me as well. I waited 30 minutes to talk with a supervisor. Then I got the offer. Long wait, but worth the $90 savings. Be persistent.

I just renewed with $25 for 5 months. I said that I was cancelling because of price, and that a year subscription was too much to pay. This is my second time with this deal, and it is definitely worth the call!

for 2 vehicles, i was charged, $185.50 & 174.83. used the Chat feature to speak with CS Rep. Waste of my time as she could/would not do anything for me. Called and spoke to first person who had same answers as chat rep and told her friends were paying less than i was. she transferred to Tracy who offered me $89 annual/year for each or $25 per 6 months for each. Went with 6 months. now getting refunded almost $300.

They offered me the year long for 89. I told them...if I cant afford 50 now...I cant afford 90! They offered 5 months for 25. I countered with I have heard people getting 6 for 25. She went with that. I wish they would just give you the low price at the beginning instead of having to go through the 'cancel' hassle.

The number directly to the cancellation department is 1.866.635.5020. I just called to cancel after I just had a 5-month $29 deal that had expired and she asked why I was cancelling, I told her because it's too expensive and she offered the 1-year for $89 plus tax/fees. I'm very happy with that. Thanks for the tips on how to do this! Yay!

I called and told them that the yearly was too high ($185.50) He gave me the $89 year rate ($107 w tax and fees). Just had to used the words cancel, promo and unclear.

LOL, called them and they offered some music service, tell the guy no, got transferred to someone with higher powers, she tells me 89 for a year, i say no, offers me 6 months for 45, i laugh, tell her to give me the plan i already had (5 for 25). she agrees, and tells me that i owe 40 some bux, because i had 2 week past due balance (i was procrastinating on calling them). i ask her to match the late balance to the new plan price, she just completely removed it. 5 months for 28 bux after all fees and taxes (paying with CC takes 2 bucks off)

Yep, this works. Saved over $100 total on 2 radios. $89/yr for XM Select. 'I'm calling to cancel, it's too expensive' led to the rep offering the $89 special. THANKS

Have trial that came with new vehicle. Called the cancellation # shown below-couldn't offer anything but full price. Will let service lapse!!

My trial is about to end. I was sent emails to sign up for XM Select for 14.99/month or 164.00 a year. I called the CSr number and was offered the 5 months for 25.99, 6 months for 33.09 and 12 months for 85.00. The 12 month deal was a little over $100 with fees. The 6 month deal was 33.09 total. Took the 6 month deal. Thanks for information.

You don't have to do anything fancy. Just tell them that you don't want to pay a high price. They'll first offer to give you a good deal for just music channels. Say no. Then they start at $99 for six months (which is not a deal)...then $77 for six months...and finally $24.99 for six months. It took about 5 minutes on the phone. No coupons, no threatening to cancel, etc.

Another tip. Pay with a pre-paid card you can buy at Radio Shack or Best Buy. I don't have a credit card on file. I tell my friends and family to buy me the prepaid card for my birthday or Christmas too. I've never paid out-of-pocket for the satellite radio!

One more tip. About a month before the special deal expires, tell them that you want to renew, but at the same low price. After the 'dnce' shown above you'll get it. I've done it 4 times already without any problems. You have to read the small print. IT DOES SAY IN BOLD, CAPITAL LETTERING, that unless you call, it will automatically renew at the current rate!

I did however, tell the Customer Service operator that I don't like the games Sirius XM plays.

Interesting - just called and was told that there are no special offers, so I canceled my subscription.

Back