How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

They renewed me automatically for a year at $180. I called, said I want to cancel and was offered six months for $30 plus taxes.

Just called and unfortunately had to go all the way to the cancellation department. 6 months of All Access including every channel and internet access for $44.06. Was $54.06, but also gained a $10 credit because there were channels I had been paying for but didn't get them.

Pretty quick and easy. Called the cancellation line, 'want to cancel because it's too expensive.' CS rep offered 3 different prices. I said 'no' each time until she offered $25/6 months=$33.61 with taxes and fees. Will go through the dance again in 6 months!

Wow, I just spent 45 minutes talking to these clowns. Our subscription lapsed while we are on vacation. I think they must be outsourcing their customer service because the first two reps I got were quite hard to understand. The first one flatly refused to give me the $89/yr deal because 'the system wouldn't let her'. The second said the same thing. I asked for her supervisor who repeated the 'system' thing. I asked for his supervisor and he said he didn't have one!!. When I said 'That's BS' he HUNG UP ON ME. I called back in and the rep very calmly heard my story, reactivated the radio and gave me the the $89/yr deal. Overall a very poor reflection on their service.

Got ALL ACCESS for 6 MONTHS for ONLY $30 including taxes and no activation fee.

It took a bit, but my best advice is to just be straight up with them, and if they say they can't, just ask to speak to their manager. After a bit on hold he said he couldn't find his manager but found this promotion for the exact price I wanted, lol. They did however charge me more than that, but I called them and they credited me back the over charged amount.

And got radio ('Stratus 7' from RadioShack) free after rebate.

Got 6 months for $25 ... takes a bit of talking but just stay on the line and be patient!

Today I called cancellation dept. directly at 1.866.635.5020 and asked to cancel due too the pending high cost renewal of ~$190. She first offered me $89 for 1 year. I asked for a smaller time period for less upfront cost. She offered $45 for 6 mos. I said I see that there is a 6 month plan that others are paying $25 for. She offered $25 plus fees--$27.58 for six months. I accepted this. Thanks for the help!

Hello. I just renewed for one year for a total of $142.56 for XM select audio and Nav Traffic and Nav Weather. Auto renewal for this package was $262.50, saving $119.94 for services and fees. Thanks everyone for your advice!

Just called 1-888-601-6302 and was first offered $89 for annual and then offered the $25 for 6 months. I took that deal. Pretty quick and painless. CSR was very cool.

I called in to cancel this afternoon and ended up with a 6 month subscription for $38.75!

Okay- I got 6 months for 24.99 plus tax and royalty fee came to 30 bucks and change. What I did was call 1-866-635-2349 and told them I wanted to cancel service if I could not get the 24.99 for 6 months deal. She then said her speal and said we can offer you 89.00 for a year which is 50% off of regular price, I said no I would rather cancel. She said wait I am still looking to see if there is another deal. She offered 45 dollars for 6 months I said no.... just cancel me. She said hold on let me look longer. Then like magic she said I do see an offer for 6 months for 24.99 would you like that pricing? yes please.

As others have said, if you do indeed end up actually cancelling within a week or two you will have a flyer in the mail offering you the 24.99 for 6 months deal.

I called in twice, once last week & again just this morning, and I was told there were no specials and that I would be renewed at the full rate ($15/month) when my subscription expired (in 4 weeks). I found this site and called back. Told them up front, I saw this deal and wanted to take advantage of it. He asked me what I would do if this rate was not available to me and I said 'I will cancel at the end of my subscription'. Less than 5 minutes later: $24.99 ( fees) for 6 months plus a credit for my unused month, $20.68 and I am good for the next 6 months. I know the key is to say you will cancel. For me its true: $180 a year -v- 2x 6-months @ $25 ($50).

I called in and got the 89.99 price for 12 months. not the best price but ididnt want to chance not getting anything.

Now i wish i had went for the 6 month deal.

(facepalm)

Oh my god this totally worked !!! 6 months for $ 25.00. Fees and taxes 28.11

I just called to cancel at the end of our 1 year trial subscription. I was not even offered any type of deal. He just took my cancel request. I told him that I was canceling because the price was too high. Again, no offer. I'll let it cancel and see if a deal comes through

Purchased a new car with XM trial for 3 months. Just called the number listed above and got 6 more months for $30.11 including tax and fees. Sweet deal. This was $5 cheaper than the $29.99 deal they offered me via mail. Will do the same in 6 months!

Guys I just got 6 months for 30.11 and it took 2 minutes total. I just told the rep that my wife just got that deal and I wanted the same deal or just cancel my subscription. Sshe said ' yes that's our promo offer no problem' I gave her my cc info and was off the phone that quickly.

Back