How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

11-29-21 sirius wanted $82 for select and traffic/travel for 6 months. Wouldn’t budge so I canceled. I did have to go through 3 reps. Lost an hour and a half.

paid 8.25 plus fees for last year (all access/platinum), best they would do was 11.99 - I cancelled. They lose a 6 year subscriber

Online chat for 30 minutes I was only able to get $36 for 6 months plus fees for Music & Entertainment for invoice billing. I tried asking for $72/year but a card is required for that deal and won't budge from that. Will try again....

I tried twice seems in order to NOT give them a credit card they will only offer me a 6 month deal, so I took the Music & Entertainment deal for $36 they wouldn't waive the royalty fee but they waived the invoice fee comes to $44ish

I spoke to about 5 reps and not one would budge on giving me 12 months @ $60. The new promo is 12 months @ $72.00 plus fees and taxes for a total of $92 . They lost a 15-year customer and don't even care.

Wife's car has had Sirius cancelled for at least 3 years. Just received promotional offer in the mail
for Music and Entertainment plan....$99 for 3 years. $2.75 per month with free activation.

Last year's price for Music & Entertainment level was $60 $12.84 fees = $71.85. Used chat to cancel due to renewal cost and was offered $71.88 $14.98 fees = $86.86 ($15 increase). Was told this would be my forever annual price year-after-year until I cancel or change service.

I've had sirius in the car since we bought it in 2013. Never paid more than $5/month. Today got in chat and told them I would cancel if I didn't get that rate as the renewal high rate would go into effect tomorrow. Gave me all kinds of other offers and said that rate was no longer available. I told them I saw a $5/month offer via email 2 days ago for another car that we don't subscribe on and they said that was an email only deal and not availble in chat. Told them I got the $5 in chat last year which is true (in prior years I had called the 888 phone number) but still wouldn't budge on $5/month so I cancelled. Told them their loss, we've been a subscriber for 8 years and I know the rate IS available for some customers and not right not to give everyone the same price. Will see what they now offer to come back and I bet it's $5/month.

I have an older XM radio. Sub was up Jan 15 2022. I logged into my account on January 14. In the dropdown menu, there is an option to cancel that I selected, and a pop-up said that I couldn't renew online and had to speak to chat. Well, instead of clicking on chat, I closed the pop up and it let me proceed and I was able to get Music and Entertainment for 6 months for 29.94 plus 6.41 royalties. ( Platinum was 99 for the year and M&E was 60 for the year but I only wanted the 6 months). Didn't need chat at all. This was the fastest easiest renewal I have ever had..

I called the 866-635-2349 customer retention line mentioned below and recieved a better overall experience. Last year I negoicated the rep into a corner and she cancelled my account and hung up on me. I recieved the invoice for over $320.00 for one mobile radio and All Access. No way I can afford that! I was offered the discount rate $99.00 a year with taxes and fees came to 122.19 for the full year. I tried to get the $60.00 a year price but recieved push back from the rep stating it was no longer offered (year right). At least she did not ask for a credit card on file this time. So it comes to 1/3 of the listed full price which I can live with.

Just renewed Music & Entertainment for $5.99 for 2 vehicles. Total $90.94 . They Waived the $2.00 invoice fee on each vehicle.

Went online to cancel, was given a number to call. Called and was offered the Platinum for $99 a year, total was $120~ after some fees which is what I pay every year. NEVER EVER put a credit card on file!! Pay the $2 for a paper billing so you don't get autocharged. EZ....only a fool would pay $300 for Sirius and they need to stop the games and charge a realistic rate.

Just made my annual call to SiriusXM and was able to renew Music & Entertainment at $60/year fees. They originally offered the current promo of $72/year ($5.99/mth) but agreed to match last year's promo after asking. I have 4 radios so that may have been why they agreed to match it.

Today 2/11/22, got Music & Entertainment for $72.00 for 1 yr. All fees and taxes waived

Another thing to warn about invoice billing, I kept receiving phone calls, emails and letters about paying my invoice when in fact I haven't received my invoice! I actually mailed out my payment on one of the notices usually in years past I would receive my invoice in the mail promptly but this time it took awhile well over a month to finally arrive!

Called friday. Asked for $60/12, offered $72. Canceled.
I can go online today and get the $60/12 offer as a new customer.

Have used Spoofee technique for renewing at discounted rate for 7 years. They would not offer me the $60/yr rate. Went back and forth 3 times and only went as low as $72/yr plus junk fees. I cancelled. Funny part is that I don’t even care. Too many other music options out there now.

Did chat and got Music Showcase for $72 including taxes and fees for a year. It's only 100 channels but has everything I listen to anyway. I really only listen to about a half dozen music channels.

nceled. Two days later call from SXM with %.00 month plus fees. Cancel, fill out their survey, and wait until they call you.

Seems like new strategies are in play. First, I usually negotiated an annual plan playing this game running from $60 to $99 per year plus fees depending on the year. Now when renewal came up it was 17.99 a month which is not of any value to me. Chatted and was able to get down to my price point which is 4.99/month paid monthly with a reversion to full price one year later. What was not communicated was this was a downgrade of service severely taking away on-line listening channels. So I called (no more chat) and was wholeheartedly ready to cancel since I can do more with other services I subscribe to. I was offered a no contract $7.75 a month (paid monthly) with no additional fees or taxes called something like advantage. I have been a subscriber far to long (early adopter before internet streaming of the original duopoly because of my remote location at the time) and apparently this is special for long time subscribers. I will give it a month or two and see how I feel about the service. The claim is this price will never increase as long as my account is in good standing or I cancel. Seems too good to be true but I am playing along for now. This is $93 per year all in with fees and taxes. I will wait a couple of charges to see if it holds true.

Back