How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Similar to another customer - I am a long time subscriber of 10 years. The claim is this price will never increase as long as my account is in good standing or I cancel. I paid 125.00 for 1 yr ALL ACCESS tax and fees included.

Did the chat and was first offered $5.99 per month for Music and Entertainment after I told the agent I wanted to cancel. I told them I could only afford to continue at the same $4.99 rate as last year. After checking, the agent agreed. So - got Music and Entertainment for $72.25 a year, same as my rate for the last year.

I was able to keep my $60 for 12 months plus fees and taxes for $72 each on my three cars. Just told them I had to cancel otherwise.

I always check out this site to get prepared and motivated when I call SiriusXM. I was able to keep my $60 for 12 months plus fees and taxes for $72 each of my three cars. Just told them I had to cancel otherwise.

Renewed Music & Entertainment for $60 plus tax and fees. Said I wanted that rate or would cancel. No problem, 5 minute call.

I got my year of platinum for 72.16. Got a better deal than buddy as I got them to take off the music royalty fee. Didn’t waste any time and told them my buddy got a promo and I would like the same and did it all through the chat.

Just renewed 2 radio’s Music & Entertainment for 6 months for $30 plus taxes ($38.17 each). Sending paper bill for no fee.

renewed my subscription online via chat for 1 year/$60 plus fees/taxes which was $72.44. Been doing this for past 12 years.

My subscpition was due to expire in Oct, so first i called the # and the recording didnt offer me that great of a deal so i said NO an Hung up. This is for Platinum and Travel Link, which would have been $35 per month at regualar rate. I was paying $17.46/month until October. I did the online chat and told them it was going to be too expensive. They saved me more money and i have the same plan(s) for now $13.62/month so i am happy and i even saved money over last year. Will keep doing this as long as i have a subsription

After several phone calls, it seems like the cheapest possible rate for the full lineup is now $5.99 a month for 12 months, not the $4.99 I've been paying for years. Still better than the $17.46 full rate.

I just renewed my platinum plan. I received an invoice for $361 and after a 20 minute chat was able to talk them down to $60 for the year. They kept insisting I had to pay the $15-20 in royalty fees but after haggling they dropped those as well!

It's still working but they are pushing hard on getting people up to the higher prices. Took 28 minutes on chat to get the $4.99/month for 12-month deal. Need to be willing to walk!

The longest chat in history just to get $4.99 for two cars. Paid $69.32 for one car that expires tomorrow and he tried to sell me the other for $71.88 which expires on 2/1. I'll contact them in a few weeks to see what they can offer for this car. This is coming off a six month trial for both cars for $2 apiece. We've been with them for 19 years and have a home radio on the advantage promo for $87 yearly. The cars have the fees waived. The thing is, I can use the phone to listen in the car, so why am I paying for the car?

17 Jan 2023 'Music & Entertainment Advantage Plan' $94.08/year charged monthly. I had the 'XM Music Showcase plan' at $78.36/year billed/year. They got an additional $15.72 out of me over the year, but in exchange I got more channels (that I probably won't listen to) and I don't have to negotiate each year (except for the ominous '...and until further notice').

The chat conversation went like this...
####################################
14:08, Jan 17
I can change your service to our affordable package for Music & Entertainment Advantage Plan for only $5.99 a month plus fees and taxes.

Arn: This will be your rate as long as your radio is active and until further notice.
Which means YOU don’t need to call back for a discount or promotional rate.

You: How much are the taxes and fees on that?

Arn: Subscription Fees
$5.99
US Music Royalty Fee
$1.28
Other Fees and Taxes
$0.57
TOTAL
$7.84

You: So pay an extra $21.24 over the year so we don't have to negotiate each year: correct?

Arn: Yes rest assured that this will be your rate as long as your radio is active and until further notice. Let me send you now the terms for this.
####################################

$71.88 yearly plan no taxes/fees for car. Easy breezy chat. Let them know I'm a loyal customer and I was willing to cut two cars off and only keep the home system.

$5.99 a month for the Music & Entertainment Advantage which is what I had been paying so I'm happy with that. And my chat took literally 10 minutes from beginning to end. I straight up told the agent I wanted what I had last time and they responded 'Good News because you are a great customer, you qualify for that rate...'. Easy peasy!

Music and entertainment 6.48/month for 12 mos including taxes. 77.76. Lots of back and forth with higher offers, just kept saying cancel and they eventually acquiesced..

I just got the Music and Entertainment plan for $75 a year taxes/fees included. They tried to keep me on my current plan when I said I would cancel which would have been $94.58 with a advantage plan which keeps the current rate I have without calling every year. But I told them I would call because things change and rates change. It went down to 82.58 and then finally $75. It took about 20-25 mins..just be patient and you will be good to go :)

Just got off of chat. I found a SiriusXM ad for 4.99/mo for 24 months. Had to take a screen shot to send them. 6.06 per month for 24 months, out the door. Asked if they would do it for my other vehicle as I am paying the 6.06 already, for a year (coming up in Oct}. She would only help for a year not 2. Said no and see what they come up this in Oct.

Back