How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Clicked cancel, did 10 minute chat. Got Music Showcase for $72 for a year- taxes and fees included, same as last year. No hassle.

Clicked cancel to get into chat. Got Music and Entertainment for $72.84 for a year, taxes and fees included. Did the old have to check with management because this is out of my scope bit but came back with what I wanted. Set for another year.

I did Chat renewal. Got one year Platinum Plan (All Access) $8.99/month plus Music Fee, total $130.97

I renewed my yearly platinum plan yesterday through the chat feature and managed to get the same promo of $128.15 including taxes, fees, royalties etc. It took about 15 minutes with the representative on chat. I insisted that I wanted the same plan as last year after declining all offers very 'politely', so the rep left to speak with a manager and review my file, it was decided that I could have the exact same offer as last year. I thanked the rep throughout my conversation regarding his attempts to assist me which I think may have affected the positive result I received. This is the first time I used the chat to get the discount, I usually call in. One thing you must make clear is that you are willing to cancel your account.

I just did the chat, as suggested, and I ended up with a new 12-month Platinum Plan subscription of $8.24/month (from $33/month...wasn't paying attention to my AutoPay..*shaking head*).

This year I actually had to cancel. I've been playing the game since 2015, started off with 6 month packages and in 2019 began receiving 12 month offers. I've been doing the Music & Entertainment package and it typically comes out to be around $77 and change with taxes and royalty fees. This year got the typical first offer, which was higher and a downgrade. Continued the dialoug but couldn't get the representative to give me the 12 months for $60 on the Music & Entertainment package. He said it didn't exist anymore. I actually told him to cancel then, and he did. I have a promo offer with T-Mobile for streaming the Platinum plan for 6 months, so I'm doing that. Streaming works fine for my long trips. I also just received in the US mail a 'we miss you come back & save' $6/mo for 12 months on Music & Entertainment. Siriusxm.com/Get12Today is the link. Appears they are trying to push the package price up $1/month from what I have been receiving. During my chat I was offered this same promotion and I was also offered Music Showcase at $60 plus taxes & fees for 12 months. I guess this is a rebranded XM Select with much fewer channels than Music & Entertainment 100 vs 400 .

So I will enjoy my free Platinum for 6 months, cancel that renewal with T-Mobile and then use my offer with Walmart . Free year of Platinum streaming, meanwhile see how agressive SiriusXM wants me back during that timeframe.

Bottomline, first time I actually pulled the trigger on cancelling my car account. Still streaming in my car and home just now playing the promotional game with my other services. Since I don't drive as much not sure I will actually pay for the service again. Found some great local radio stations on FM and I have other good streaming options already with Spotify, Amazon and Pandora for the long drives. They are playing a dangerous game losing long time customer revenue.

I just went through the annual pain-in-the-tail phone call to renegotiate monthly rates. Our (all in $6.50/month) plan for Music & Entertainment went up to $18.21. When I called, they tried putting me on an 'Advantage' plan that would be $9.70 per month without me calling back forever with no changes 'unless we increase costs or fees'. (What???) They then tried to sell me on the same Music & Entertainment plan with a monthly (all-in) cost of $7.71. Then they tried a limited 65-channel offering for the same monthly cost of $6.50 (all-in). I balked at that too (absolutely stupid to have a limited number of channels available on my OEM radio. At the end of all this, I got the same rate I had for another 12 months. The agent did say that the T-Mobile free offer was valid, but it only covered streaming.

live chat to cancel and request same promo as before... $60 tax/fees for 12 months of music & entertainment plan (totals around $72)

I have been using this site since 2017 and essentially have always been able to renew my Platinum Plan (formerly All-Access) for about the same rate for 12 months. It has slowly increased from $99 for 12 months to $107.88 (before US Music Royalty Fee and taxes) for 12 months.
Dec. 2020 was the only year they would not offer similar promotion so I canceled subscription, waited 5 days, and added similar plan as new subscriber.

Called 1-888-601-6302 on Dec. 19, 2023 and without hassling as they normally do, SiriusXM offered to renew my current Platinum Plan for 12 months for $107.88.

My monthly bill for the next 12 months:
SiriusXM Service Fee: $8.99
US Music Royalty Fee: $1.92
Other Fees and Taxes: $0.82
TOTAL: $11.73

Just got an even better deal than the $60 plus fees. Canceled a few months ago and first got this $5/mo offer, but now a $4/mo came in the mail ($48/yr plus fees). You need to input this in your browser address bar: siriusxm.com/qtrly4promo3

Got premium. $107. Had them waive fees and tax total $107.84. Ten minutes never had to say cancel. Just beat rate

Been having problems with the display on my in-car radio so decided to cancel. Agent finally agreed but tried hard to get me to take the 6/month deal, which is higher than the 5/month I've had for years and years. I'll probably just use the app in that car since I have access to it through a lifetime activated portable radio I have. The little display in the Mazda isn't much good anyway - the phone display is better I'm sure. Or, I'll see the come-back mail offers start rolling in.

Just got the $2.99 per month for 36 months. I used the chat box. Got the conversation in writing. Told them SiriusXM sent us a coupon code 36FOR99SELECT for the Music & entertainment package. Took less than 10 minutes. ONLY PROBLEM is that they have to bill it monthly instead of one time up front.

Does anybody know how much the fees are with the $4 / month deal? What is the finial cost per month?

For the 6th year in a row I can here to check for deals. Did everything over chat with them. I have been paying $60/yr for 5 years now. I was due for my yearly renew. They offered me $9/month. I declined. They offered $100 for the year. I declined. I said I would renew if I could get the same year again. They said they could give me a $20 credit for $80/yr. I declined. They said that was the best they could do. I ask for them to cancel and they said that they could do the $60/yr. I accepted. Took 15 minutes because they kept putting me on hold between offers.

Back