How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Thank you to all who mentioned the chat function. Easy peasy got the $60 offer without any push back and like another person said, it's usually 45 minutes of haggling on the phone and this was 10 minutes!

Just used the Chat feature and got the $60/year fees for the Select Plan (includes streaming). Took less than 10 minutes.

Thank you for the info. I called to renew my annual subscription for $60 taxes & fees for $78.53. I was offered an upgrade that has more stations for $99 a year. I declined and said I wanted the same service I have now that is $60. They agreed without me having to put up a fight. Woo hoo!!

How doea SXM handle more than one account for the same person/ 2 cars? I have 'all access' in a 2018 Subaru, that I renew with this technique and now we're buying a new van that comes with Siriusxm for one year and Sirius weather and travel for 5 years. Should we put 1 account in my name and 1acct in my husband's name or both in my husband's name. When it comes time to renew, I won't need both accts to have all access.

Just got it for one year @ $60 fees/taxes = $72.12. It was easy just say you're only working part time cause of the virus, etc and they go from $99 to $60 in a flash, took 10 minutes!!

I have had the All Access package for many years and have always called and haggled for a deal. Today I used the chat feature based on the comments below. At the end of the chat negotiation session with 1 days left on my service (less than $0.50 credit) they offered me 6 months of All Access at $62.35 (all in) and a $15 account credit. That's $47.35 for 6 months of All Access for 1 car plus app, etc. Even though I like haggling with a real person the chat feature is painless and more efficient.

Just called and got my next 6 months for $30 plus fees/taxes totaling $37.90 Tried to get 1 year for $60 and was told yes but payment wold have to be via credit card which I refuse to do with Sirius. Not problem, have been playing the 6 month renewal game since 2015 and while a minor inconvenience, they do not have my card on file. Just the way I prefer it.

Did a chat and got the select plan with the free dot for $60/yr $12 something for taxes and fees. Perfect! Thanks everyone.

My experience different than others. After 15years of playing the call every year game, I finally pulled the plug on SXM and I'm happy about it. I listen almost exclusively in my car having a long work commute. Many (most?) folks now have unlimited cell data and Apple Car Play, Android Auto, or bluetooth in the car. I am much happier with Spotify and don't mind paying a recurring monthly charge I think 9.99 or something like that. I don't have to play the silly SXM game. The silliest part of the whole thing, all they need / needed to do is offer the service at a fair price without the call / negotiate game. Instead they spam you death with email and snail mail as well as having to have this large call center to handle playing the game and trying to get you back. I can't understand how that can be more efficient or effective than simply having a billing model that makes sense and is competitive with other streaming services out there without the hassle. Their offering has nothing compelling enough for me to go back.

I just called 1-888-601-6302 and got 1 year XM Select Lite for $60.00 including all fees. I am just a basic user so this works for me. The CSR was based in the Philippines, she had to go to her super to get approval which only took a minute or two.

Did the online chat feature for both cars. $99 plus fees and taxes for All Access for 1 year with streaming and got Select Lite for $5/month plus fees and taxes for 1 year also with streaming. Been doing this for several years now. THANKS SPOOFEE!

Used the chat and got the select package for $60 1 year, total 65~ after taxes. Beats the $20 a month I was getting charged

Just renewed 2 car radios by calling 888-601-6302. Got 1 yr Select Plan including streaming for $60/yr each radio. Total after taxes/fees per radio $72.84. I always check this feed prior to renewing each year to see what current deals are being offered. What a great resource!

Easy peasy lemon squeeze! I just renewed for 12mos paying total of $76.41 ($60 plus fees and taxes) also they included an echo dot. I did it through chat, first rep would not give echo dot and told me to call the 1-888 number. I just started a new chat and in 10 min no hassle I had everything I asked for ☺️ Happy listening!

Just called took forever to get answer on Remembrance Day to cancel 2 vehicles, with covid-19 working from home waste of money, to be paying $20 per month. So they check check check and offered $6.99 month n fees then $5.99 n fees and then $5 n fees for Select Plan with streaming. Since they already billed me for 2 days at crazy high rate requested refund on it and finally negotiated I would pay $60 per vehicle and fees $12.84 each Total $72.84 each plus two free echo dots Advised them I received offer in mail for this. They said cant have 2 echo dots since they put both vehicles on one account yet they billed separately for them ! Shoulda requested billing be changed or stuck to 2 Echo Dots ! Tried the chat person but they said echo promo not available at that rate . For the Echo they send you a coupon code to go on Amazon to order it They say you may have to pay for shipping ? They also add in a $50 cancellation fee if cancelled before 6mths on one vehicle ..this also requires the auto credit card billed at the rate in 12 mths unless you call and take it off or renegotiate ..Its such a pain to deal with every 6 mths on each vehicle ..I only listen to about 5 stations near use the rest and rarely stream on alexa or computer or smart tv ..ect ..Thanks Spoofee for sharing updates

Back