How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I keep receiving mail from Sirius offering me 3 years for $99 ($2.75/month). Problem is it's for a car that my wife totaled 2 years ago. I'm tempted to call and see if they will give me this price for our replacement car, but we live in a rural area and the service is poor.

Just got off the phone with the CSR. I got all access and streaming for $99 plus taxes for 1 year. Total is $118.22.
My select plan expires 3/13. To me, this is a better deal than last year when I called in.

just called and renewed for the same rate of $99/year fees. Happy enough with that!

The online chat person does not have the authority to negotiate. I found out the hard way, she gave me the 1-888-601-6302 number to speak to billing. They were adamant on $26.70 because it was auto renewal. I said no, they said already billed you for March next payment of $26.70 due April. I said canx. so good bye Sirius. I must have had a crappy CSR . o well

I read everyones comments here, went in with a kind approach. I have been on the select lite program for last 6 months. I told them the renewal rate was too much and that I used to have streaming, but not on the lite deal. They came back with the $99 for a year, told them that was too much, I said my buddy just got a promotional deal from them for $5 a month in car and streaming, and an echo dot! They put me on hold and came back with $5 a month for 12 months w/streaming, but no echo dot. I took the deal. Thanks everyone for your comments! dont forget to put a reminder in your calendar a week before your subscription ends to renew again!

Just to 12 months on a renewal for $60 and no additional taxes for fees. Waiting for email to confirm. If not will cancel. Watch these guys like a hawk..

This was a great thing! I just got off phone with CSR. I had the $99 promo up this month....he gave the 'high plan'. I then asked if there was anything lower....he said, oh I just gave you best price and higher package....then he went down to the promo I had last year....ends up $60 a year!!!!!!!!! That's $5 a month!! For the next year! The only thing is that it started today....it expires in 8 more days so I got ripped off 8 more days..but the new price which is LOWER! than the last year!!! Awesome!

I just got a 1-yr deal on one of our 3 subscriptions. This one was going to renew tomorrow. I asked the CSR what specials she could offer. She offered the $99/yr plus fees & taxes. She wanted to upgrade me from XM Select to All Access & was stressing how great the free streaming is. I said that is more than I'd like to pay & that I'm happy with the Select package. She put me on hold & came back with the $60/yr plus fees & taxes. I'm happy with that deal. I was firm, but polite & didn't need to threaten to cancel. She acknowledged that I'm a long time customer. I started in 2002 & have always had at least 2 active subscriptions the entire time. They make plenty of money off of me!!

Just renewed for 1 yr Select package ($74.84) with streaming. I have invoice billing. Visited Bestbuy.com and purchased 2 Sirius gift cards ($50 and $30). They used my credit balance but would not process without a credit card. Had a Visa gift card that had an outstanding balance and used that. Gift card has to have been used previously for it to work. Now setup for them to swipe next year with the gift card.

Called and exclaimed my concerns for the spike in the price. I walked away with the 12 month subscription for $60 (tax exlcuded) which totaled about $72 and some change. I paid the difference over the phone. I am happy with it!!!

Yay! Easy peazy! Told her the $99 is too much and that someone had mentioned $60/yr. She signed me up! ($72 all inclusive)
Before making this call, I had purchased a $50 Sirius gift card on EBay for $30. My total cost for the year is $52.. winner winner chicken dinner!

Worked for me. I called 3-24-20. My renewal prices was to be 247.51 for a year. The rep offered $99 I said my friend got a year for $60. She put me on hold and said 'Good News! This is offered in your area too. I love a deal. Thank you

Just got off the phone with them. Other then a 10 minute wait on hold, was once again a good experience. 12 months of select plus streaming for $60. Got them to waive tax and fees for the third year in a row. 15 minutes with CSR and done

I just called about my acct to inquire about the amount they were charging. $265 for one vehicle and 130 for another. I was told that's the best deal they had. I said fine, just cancel them both. They came back with the $60 per vehicle per year offer. Thanks for the info.

I just called and, due to the coronavirus situation, was offered a 1-year renewal at the same price ($72.84), charged to same credit card. All automated, no wait or negotiation required..

BEFORE Step 1: Buy Sirius XM Gift Cards and load them into your account for the package you want. Then go through the steps, and when it comes time to pay, they'll see that you have money there and deduct it. NO CREDIT CARD.

Best Deals that I've gotten:
-Select - 6 Months for $30.00, with fees and taxes, about $45.00
-All Access - 12 months for $119.00, with fees and taxes, about $155.00.

Best Buy, or bestbuy.com had the cards. If you get them online, you can post the amounts to your account right away. Any left over money is used for the next time you renew

Back