How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I called 1 day before my subscription expired and told them I planned to cancel because the new rate was way too much. Their first counter-offer was to continue my current rate of $60 plus fees and tax for 12 months. I decided that rate was OK for another year. Total time...10 minutes tops.

Called this morning as my two radios subscriptions were expiring. I was offered the 60 for a year plus the 12 royalty fee. Told them that my friends were getting that included, they wouldn’t budge, so after 14 years as a listener I just told the girl to cancel...... too tired to fight every time....lol

Just renewed for 12 months at $99 including taxes and fees. After some negotiations was able to get them to waive all fees and taxes. Have been an XM subscriber from day 1, almost 30 years and was able to use that in my negotiations.

Just got all access for $50 all -in, inc fees and taxes. Very pleasant CSR, just stand your ground.

I have a contract for Select that expires in about 2 weeks. Tried the online chat and asked for the $60/yr deal going forward. Agent said my old deal was a promo and once that expires it goes to regular price (almost $21 per month). Told her I will cancel before I pay that and she offered me 'Mostly Music' for $10.99 monthly. I said no and suggested she check with a supervisor and she said she already had. She said I might still receive some new promo notifications & I said that if they don't come prior to my expiration date I will become a 'former' Sirius customer.
I'll call to cancel in 2 weeks and see what happens.

i've been paying $27/month for all access for years. I finally got mad and called, ended up with 1 year, All access for $120. I tried chat first but thats a waste of time. Call them

I just called and got a deal for $107 with taxes for All Access (my current Plan). I had them waive the royalty fees but didn't try to haggle anymore. I was happy with what I got for the next year.

I just called and got a deal for $107 with taxes for All Access (my current Plan). I had them waive the royalty fees but didn't try to haggle anymore. I was happy with what I got for the next year.

After looking over the comments i got the impression the price for 1 year all access should be $99 including all fees and taxes. Just did a no-nonsense call preemptively saying this or cancel and after a little resistance but then simply sticking with my 'sorry, not negotiating', got put on hold for a manager approval for a couple of minutes and of course no problem. relatively fast efficient call when you just basically say this is not a negotiation. no need to plead poverty 'and negotiate' unless you like long calls :)

The rep starting asking me how I like the service and what were my favorite stations. I answered by saying I would like you to speak to your manager that I will renew for 1 year all access for $99 including all fees and taxes. After a few minutes of waiting, the adjustment was made and I am good for another year.

After many years of having my SiriusXM radio deactivated (I didn't sign up), they eventually sent me an offer of $2.75/month (three years for $99 which with fees becomes $120 for three years of 'Select' service). They didn't want to negotiate it any lower, I tried an experiment of offering $5 less but they didn't go for it, strange, I would have thought they'd go for any price as many of their channels e.g. comedy channels have mandatory addvertizing on them.

Called and said 26.71/mo for all access was too expensive and would have to cancel and right away got offered $99 fees etc. I said OK and called it good. The whole thing took less than 5 mins.

Called and said 26.71/mo for all access was too expensive and would have to cancel and right away got offered $99 fees etc. I said OK and called it good. The whole thing took less than 5 mins.

I just got this XM Select Lite ($4.99/Month for 12 Months) it just dont have the streaming and video, whic is fine with me.

If anyone has gotten the deal recently $60 for 12 months how much was your total bill with fee and taxes?

I had been doing the select plan for a few years for 99/year plus fees. I complained about not having NFL games and the CSR upgraded me to all-access and I asked to waive the fee which came to 108 the call took about 10 minutes

Forgot to renew my contract it expired on December 5th. While paying bills today I noticed that I had been charged $20.53 for next month payment. I called them right away to cancel.
The customer service representative was very nice and told me by the end of our call I was going to be a very happy customer. She first offered me the one year plan for $99 and I told her that was too much money. I told her I was only paying $4.99 for the Sirius XM Select Plan. She looked at the last payment on my account and saw that it was only $4.99 and was happy to offer me that same plan again. Not only that but she also included the streaming on the app at no additional charge. She certainly was right I am a happy customer all done under 10 minutes.

Back