How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just paid $127.45 tax and all for 1yr all access on a stand alone radio my hubby carries in his semi--previously paid $25.48/mo or $305 yearly. First offer was 11.99/mo and then when I said too expensive, rep offered second deal...could have kept going probably but happy to pay less than 50% of what I was paying!

also just paid $50 for 6 months all access. they wanted to charge fees and taxes but i said i wanted to keep it under $50 or no go and the 'supervisor' approved it.

Just got select plus streaming for 60 @ year plus tax and fees. Had to make two calls. First agent wouldn’t give me the streaming service so I told her to cancel me at the end of my subscription. Called back and the second call got me call I wanted.

Got 2 vehicles for 12 mos @ $60/each plus fees and taxes for a total of $72/each. One was a renewal and one was new. They called my bluff on the royalty fee. I asked them to waive it, they said No and I asked to cancel, without batting an eye they began to cancel. So honestly I may have found the easiest way to cancel XM ever lol. But I was happy with the $72 total.

They just extended my intro offer of $25 for 5 months for another 5 months ($32.16 total)

I called and renewal offer was $122/6 months. NO! So he came back with $66/6 months. Told him still too high. His 'final' was $48/6 months. So I pushed for 12 months same rate so we don't have to do this again in 6 months and he said can't do it. So I told him to cancel and he came back not only with a yes, making it $96/12 months, but also a free Echo Dot thrown in as a promotion also.

Just renewed for $60 for select service for the next year no royalty fees or taxes. Agent kept reducing his offer 3-4 times and I kept telling him that $60 was my absolute maximum I would pay and he finally agreed to that.

1 YR select package $60.00, NO FEES, NO ROYALTIES! Spoke for awhile and had to throw in the 17 yrs loyalty and it finally paid off. I have Amazon unlimited and Apple music but I hate change, but also I use XM at home and in the car. Don't give up, persist in order to get a good rate.

they gave me a hard time, but got renewed at $60 per year for XM select. (might have to escalate to manager for this rate) Tax/fees included. You'll have to work for this rate. Especially if you have an existing account.

I called and just told them that I was calling to renew a promotion rate. They offered '5 months for $28'. I said I would take 6 months for $30 or 12 months for $60, their choice. They came by after a moment and did 12 months for $60 (plus about $12.84 in royalty fees/taxes, which I said was fine, since I didn't want to try harder.) Done in under 10 minutes.

Got a win back offer on an old unused radio for $4.99mo. Called to cancel, mentioned the $4.99 offer, agent immediately extended my current $7.78 mo. all tax and royalty included for another year. Not worth the time to fight for the $4.99 plus taxes fee plan. Took 5 minutes.

Just renewed to Select Light (no streaming) for $60 fees & taxes. Total $72.84 for one year. Originally offered a deal total of $130. I said no, and asked about the $60 offer. She said it was no longer available. I said go ahead and cancel. She came back and asked if I used the streaming. I said no. She magically found the $60 offer.

Just hung up after 35 minutes of trying to negotiate some of the 'deals' others have received and none of them were available to me. I had seen one promotion for older (than 2009) vehicles 36 months for $99. I was told my radio (on a 2004 Buick) did not qualify. I tried to find out what it takes for a radio to qualify and didn't get a satisfactory answer.

I mentioned the one-year All Access for $65.06 that one person got and was told I couldn't have that either. The 'best' they could do for me was $120 with fees and taxes would be $147. I said this would not do and I wanted $99 for one year. Customer rep would not budge. I finally said I would do $120 for one year and waive the fees and taxes and send me an invoice for additional two dollars (was told this was the absolute best he could do). I finally received one year for $119.53...waive the fees and taxes and the two dollar fee for a paper invoice. Was told it would automatically renew next year for $322.35 plus fees and taxes. I laughed and said I would be calling before that (they do NOT have a credit card on file).

I tried to find out why some people get better deals that others...no satisfactory answer. I did end up asking for a supervisor to get this deal. I might have done a little better with a six-month deal but I so dislike the every six-month negotiation that I insisted on a one-year deal.

Just got 89.00 plus 19.05 = 108.05. The person who answers the phone is locked into a script. Ask for the supervisor. I did the person who answered the phone said to give me the above deal. Since I renewed a month or so early, I got a 17.05 credit reducing the cost to 90.60. Keep in mind that they automatically upgrade you to the 247.00 plan, so you have to call before the automatic upgrade. Don't count on removing your credit card on file. You must be proactive and not allow auto renew to go into effect. Third year in a row that I've done this.

Got 1 year Select plan for $60 plus taxes and music fees. Call took less than 10 minutes.

Just renewed 2 radios Select Lite for $60/ea taxes/fees. Total $72.05 for each radio. Just asked straight away for the $60 per year deal and the rep agreed without hesitation. Probably could've pushed for taxes/fees to be included but I'm fine with $6 per month per radio.

Back