How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got Select Lite for $83 including taxes/fees for 12 months. (called 1-888-601-6302). Was told the difference between Select and Select Lite was Select includes streaming on a phone, and Select Lite is only in the car. Well, I only need it in my car, and don't need to pay an extra $70 to stream on my phone (their original offer rate). Just kept repeating 'That is too much, it will not work for me' and stated 'My friend was given the $60 select lite rate this month' and 'You and I both know that there is a better deal available, yes?' Total time was 9 minutes and the operator was very friendly in this annual song-and-dance negotiating.

Just called. Got a new car and the trial was up and I wanted to see if I could get a deal on both cars. The letters I got for the new car included the flyer for $5/mo for a year (turns out it is for Select Lite, but I didn't catch that until just now). The old car had that. She asked (for documentation purposes) why I wanted the promotional offer. I told her it's because it is less money. Wanted to change the subscription on the old car to get the 2 cars on the same billing date and I had about 4 months left - no problem, credited me from the old subscription and paid the new subscription. Then when she went to do the new car, there are still a few days on the trial, so that will go in place once the trial is up. $60/year for both cars ($120 total) and they waived the fees and taxes. I'm not upset and because I never used the streaming before, I'm not going to miss it.

After my new car subscription ran out I said I didn't want it because of the price. A month just passed. They called me up. $15 for 3 months. And then I have to pay music royalty on top of that also. I said NO. They said $5 a month without the music royalty. I said still the answer is NO. I said this XM satellite radio does not interest me one bit. They said what do I want to pay. I said $2 for 3 months. I just wanted them to hang up. Then they said $2.10 all in for 3 months. I said ok. I guess the 10 cents are for GST. Expires Nov. 22. Satellite radio is a struggling business. They had to call me, just to get a little bit of money.

Was on 6 mo/ $30 plan for about the third time
Got letter in mail (new this time) to renew at additional 6 for $35 ($45 with fees)
Decided to call anyway.
Didn’t mention letter - just said promotional period was up
Initially was offered all access $11.99, then select lite for $6.67/mo,
Said previous was on 6/30 ... rep said she would do 6/30 on select lite.
I asked if she could extend that to one year, and she agreed to 12 months / $60 for select lite. Had to leave a cc on file (it expires in April).
Out the door for 69.68 ($3.16 credit on remaining service)
12 mins start to finish
Off to set alarms in calendar for 12 months!

I was able to get 2 cars free for 3 months, then each car 4.99 for 9 months. Been customer for 5 years.

Just received 1 year of XM-Select with streaming for $70.64 including taxes/fees. Called 855-837-5250 and asked to cancel. The rep made several high offers, and my response each time was to ask if she could please look for lower price. Her offers kept getting lower but after the third time on hold, I guess I lost patience and said I was willing to pay $72.64 which was a price I saw on this site. After a brief hold, she said fine. Then I asked for an additional $2 off for the invoice fee, which she also agreed to. My hunch is that she could have gone even lower than $70.64. Many thanks to all who posted their experiences here.

I called today. I have 2 radio on All Access. Said I know others that are getting 1 year for All Access at $100 or less. The best they could offer was $125/year. They said they don't have any other deals unless I change to a lower package. I proceeded with cancellation and they said ok.

After 12 minutes on the phone I got XM Select for $4.99/month for 12 months. You do have to give them a CC # to get this deal as it's a recurring monthly charge, so make sure you jot down the date to call and re-negotiate before it expires!

$69.93 all in for one year select package plus internet streaming. make sure you ask them to waive the royalty fees. took about 15 minutes of haggling.

Called back today in order to try this one last time. After a going back and forth a few times we did settle on the All Access plan with fees for $99/year on two of my radios.

Thanks Spoofee!

Just got select lite for $71.27 all-in for a year.
$60 for 12 months
12.84 royalty
5.10 taxes
(0.20) subscription credit
And then I asked for more and they gave me
$6.47 credit to knock one month off

My promo deal is up next week and just called to try and get another deal. the rep would not budge, no deal. I hung up and am going to try again tomorrow. If they still won't give me a deal I'll just cancel and wait for them to offer me something to resubscribe.

I have had xm since 2010 renew every year or 6mo with these specials this year I got total everything for $69.60 for a year, I also got streaming included this year.

Just called, started at 148 fee's and taxes, ended at $60.00 plus fee's and taxes for a total of 82.28 for one year.

I appreciate the ideas included in this thread. I’ve been a member for 5 years and just found the site after spending 13 min on phone. After asking for lower price was offered Select Lite $38.80 for 6 months/each car. My calendar reminder is in place and I will negotiate for the $69.60/year including streaming next year.

Just called...got one car for $112.91 for12 mos all in. This is select package...plus echo dot. Also got a $10 credit to off set some fees. The one car is Sirus. The other car is xm, and a bit more expensive at $153 all in. All access package. Took 35 minutes. Paying about or a bit less than last year. Was happy with where things landed. Looks as if Howard stern access limits some of the negotiations, at least my thought. Chris was my rep.

I just called in as I was facing a $320 renewal for All Access. Was paying $119 a year (plus fees & taxes) for All Access and they agreed to change me to Select for $108 a year (plus fees & taxes). I don't listen to Howard Stern, NASCAR, or the NFL anyways and they gave me a credit for the few days I had left on my All Access plan. On the phone for maybe 8 minutes.

Back