How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just renewed subscription... Was given price of $72/year plus taxes and fees. I requested same plan currently on $60/year plus taxes and fees. Was given my request. Total $72.05.

just went through the yearly re-upping
total including all taxes and fees $70.68
Took all but 10 mins

Is there any other way besides calling to take advantage of these deals? If so can someone pls let me know.
Thank You so very much

Just paid $25 for five months plus fees and taxes ($33.33 in total) We'll do this again in five months!

I just got 1 year for $80. That included tax and fees... what a joke. Took 5 minutes.

I just renewed and received the amazon DOT code in my email. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.

I just got 1 year for 60.00 plus taxes. 70.68 ttl. I just kept telling her 'No. I will just cancel then. I want the same price my sister received. She offered 6 months for 30.00 and I said,' Well, can't you just give me 1 year for 60.00?' She put me on a magical hold to check and ,SURPRISE! She was able to do it!

I have 2 trucks (F150 and Ram) on my SiriusXM acct. The first few years after purchasing my Ram new, I renewed on a yearly basis as I can't stand having to call every 6 months. However, after we purchased the F150, we got the letter offering 6 months for $30 so it made sense to renew at that rate. So, for the last number of years, twice a year, I've been renewing with the $30/6 months deal.

My subscriptions are set to auto-renew tomorrow so I needed to call today to play the game once more. But I thought about this site and wanted to see if anything has changed in the negotiation aspect.

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories about the $60/1 Year deal!! I called SiriusXM to begin the all too familiar cancellation/renewal conversation. Normally, this call takes me an average of 10-20 minutes. Today, I must have gotten a trainee.. the call lasted 1hour 12mins. Ugh. But it was worth it!

I stated that my radio subs are set to expire tomorrow and that I was going to call to cancel because of the costs. But I'd received the letter offering $30/6 months for the F150. I thought it was a good deal, until my mom told me she renewed her truck last week and was given a deal for $60/1 Year. Told the rep I wanted that $60/1 Year deal on both my truck radios.

Placed on hold to check current promotions. Came back & offered $99/1 Year ($125.93/truck)

I declined. Told her I'd have to cancel if I can't get the $60 deal. Said she wasn't sure if she could offer that.. placed on hold to talk to her supervisor.

Came back saying that she (unsurprisingly) could process the $60 deal on both trucks. Which, of course, I accepted and authorized.

She then placed me on hold to process the changes.

The F150 is easy, Select package only ($72.84 total). I opt for Travel Link on my Ram. She had a HUGE issue adding TL - saying it was $71.76 JUST for TL!

It worked in the end: paid $72.84 each for 1yr Select on F150 and Ram and a separate charge of $11.94 for TL on Ram.

I want to cancel my subscription and of course you are not going to make it easy on me. I can only doing from 9 to 5 when I'm working. thank you guys for just reinforcing my decision

I wanted to keep All Access, also wanted a year. The CSR wouldn't budge on extending the 6-month price to a full year saying she can't, so I took the 6 month All Access for $50. She even said to just call back in 6 months, lol. She did offer a full year price but it was more than I wanted to pay. Nice lady.

As others have stated, it's approximately a 10 minute phone call. Got offered the 6 months for $30.00, so I asked for $60.00 for a year and they accepted. $77.09 after taxes and I guess some sort of fee since I forgot to fight fees. I was kind of in hurry because of work.

20 minute phone call today to a very loud call center and a CSR with an Indian accent. Needed to renew 1 All Access and 1 Select and told the CSR I wanted to hear about annual offers only. Specifically I was interested in the $99/yr AA and $60/yr Select offers.

$99 AA offer was no problem, however, the CSR could not do the $60 Select without a credit card. As I will not give a credit card but will only do billing, we negotiated to $72/yr. Breakdown is as follows:

$99 AA w/tax = $120.88
$72 Select w/tax = $85.47
4 days credit = $2.47
Total = $203.88

Did not mind paying a little extra for annual vs six months. Thanks everyone for the info!!!

I just got 1 year for 60.00 plus taxes - $72.65 total. Offered 99.00/yr which I turned down and requested 60.00. Finally received it.

Did you have to give a credit card number? I would like to receive the bill in the mail.

Last time I renewed I got the 6 mo promotion for $30. When they renew the subscription they automatically move to the higher rate of $119 for 6 mos. I called and told them I would cancel unless they gave me the same rate I paid last time. They did.

I also got the 1 year for 60 taxes, for a total of ~$72. Pretty much followed the same script as the commenter right below me. Whole call took 9 minutes.

Renewed my All Access with Streaming Service for $120 for 12 months, plus a free Amazon Echo. Not bad for a 15 minute conversation and it is a fair price in my opinion as I literally use Satellite radio everyday. Only $20 more than I paid last year for the same deal. I'm happy!

Back