How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

$60 for 1 year of Select. Was able to get music royalties waived, but had to pay the taxes. Paid $69.10.

I had a 3 month free sub after buying my truck. They kept calling but I wasn't interested at it for more than $3/mo, otherwise I'll just use streaming services. They kind of stopped calling me, then out of the blue I get an offer for 3 years for $99, or $2.75/mo. I'm still on the fence, but just putting this out there so others know what's available.

I just called and got SiriusXM Select for $5.99 a month. After they applied taxes and fees it came to $7.66 a month. This is much better than the renewal price I was offered of $20.63 a month!

Before you call to get these deals, get Sirius XM gift cards from Best Buy, and put them into your account. For Select, get $50 card; for All Access get three $50 cards. THEN go online and enter them into your account, and finally, call and ask for the Retention Department. You'll always get Select for $30 for 6 months plus taxes and fees (about $40); or All Access for a year for $119.99 plus taxes and fees (about $145). Don't EVER give them your credit card.

Got an email about my expiring subscription for All Access on my car. It was going to be $139.97 for 6 months. I just called and got 6 months All Access for $64 (including fees and taxes) - basically a renewal of the last 6 months. They tried to sell other packages that were more expensive, but I said no. Whole call took 11.5 minutes. You can do it! But you have to be insistent on what you want.

They just called me when I was about to call them. My trial was ending and they extended for $2.00 for 3 more months of trial all access. Yes, now they have my cc # and I get to play the game, but willing to cancel in 3mo if they won't give a good yearly rate.

Thanks to this list here- just called and got my renewal down from 299.99 to the 99 for the year for our subscription- Thanks peeps!

sirius in 2 cars. after promo deals expired, i was paying like $30 per month for the 2 cars. i called to get a better deal. after a non productive chat with the rep, i said i'll cancel. she sent me to the cancellation dept. i got the $5.99 per month deal on one car. i then asked for the same deal on the other car...she gave it. so 20 minute phone call, ended up with $14 per month all in for 2 cars. better...

Just renewed XM select for $30 for 6 months, total of $35.66. Inquired about $60 for 12 months, but that promotion required a CC on file. No thanks on that.

Cancelled service for two cars with SIRIUS Select that were being billed at a 'family discount rate' of $250.72 for the primary car and $175 for the second car for a total of $425.72/yr for both cars. Renewed both cars for $75.75 each for a total of $151.50/yr with auto cc billing and no paper statement fee saving $275/yr. Phone time, approx 25 min. Thank you for all the helpful comments! I am taking my wife out to dinner with the savings.

Called after receiving renewal notice for standard rate. Told them I'd like to receive a lower renewal rate or would need to cancel since we just don't listen as often as we used to. They reviewed account and came out with $28 for 5 months plus fees for a total of around $35. After questioning other options they offered $60 plus fees for a full year which total came to $75 and some change. It did require giving a credit card for file but they promised to send a renewal email prior to the renewal and said we can renegotiate at that time. So I don't need to call and negotiate with them for another year which is worth it to me.... I wish they'd just offer the lower prices to begin with and stop taking advantage of those who don't question their inflated rates.

just called to cancel my 5 month deal at 29.00 and was offered $60 for a year. total is 71.08 for 12 months. Worth the call!

Received bill for $116.26 for six months. Called the number above and negotiated $60 for 12 months fees for a total of $71.46 for a savings of 70%. CC on file but will negotiate with them again next October. It's on my calendar.

Just renewed a 1 yrs deal
Was $60 plus fees of $23 32 Total 83.32 for the year
CC on file to renew next year
someone remind me to call to renegotiate then

wondering if your contradicted yourself...Step 3
Sirius XM will first try to offer you 1 year for $99 Step 4
If CSR doesn't offer, cancel the cancellation request and just be honest and that you wanted the $99/year offer? Isn't that what they first offer? Just curious.

Called the Sirius XM Customer Service Cancellation phone number to cancel. She asked why? ... I explained the $99 Sirius Select plan was automatically renewing in 3 days at $192 plus $35 in fees and taxes and that was too much for the limited use of their service. CS Rep said she would look for a better deal. She asked a few questions about preferred stations and came back with offer of same plan at $99 plus fees and taxes. Fine with me.

Just called for renewal, took less than 10 minutes and got the $60/12 months deal. after the first offer i told them that i wanted the $60/ 12 months and was given that right away. hmmm, maybe i couldve got a better deal? well, there's always next year!

Just got the select service for $60 plus taxes and fees for 1 year. Call took a total of 8 minutes to complete. The rep was really nice. I’ve been doing the every 6 month call and getting 6 months for $30 plus fees and taxes so the one year for $60 was nice to only have to now make the call once a year. My subscription was renewing today and I just flat out asked for the special and she had no issues giving it to me as I already had a CC on file and she said that’s the only requirement.

Just got the select service for $60 plus taxes and fees for 1 year. Call took a total of 8 minutes to complete. The rep was really nice. I’ve been doing the every 6 month call and getting 6 months for $30 plus fees and taxes so the one year for $60 was nice to only have to now make the call once a year. My subscription was renewing today and I just flat out asked for the special and she had no issues giving it to me as I already had a CC on file and she said that’s the only requirement.

I just renewed on the '12 month Select' promotion for $60 for each of 2 radios (with fees and taxes this was ~$75). That averages to $5/month! Yes, I have to call and threaten cancellation to receive another promotion (and I mean it...I'm not paying their stupid full price). Yes you do have to put a credit card on file, but as others have said, they told me I could call in and negotiate the price.

Back