How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

So I called and got another 6 months for $30. Originally they offered 5 months for $30, but asked for the other offer. I tried to get 12 months for $60 but she would only do $5.99 a month for a year and I didn't want to pay that.

She claimed that I owed a dollar and change from the renewal but I got her to waive that. Not sure how that happened since I thought my calendar was set to call the day before the renewal occurred.

Tip for those seeing large renewal charges on your credit card - when doing this deal, make sure you tell them that you do not want the credit card stored in your account. They can do a one-time payment and that way when it renews, they have to bill you, not automatically charge your card.

Just called and renewed. Two cars for $60. Calling back in 6 months to play their stupid ass game once again! Ugh!

7/21/18 This was the easiest renewal ever $32.34 for 6 months XM select. Took about 10 minutes. No hassle at all.

Why should I pay for something I use rarely? AND the music I do listen to I can find on free radio!! In HD too!! So I got listen to a few ads? Big deal!!!

So glad I read the tips and the comments. Just renewed for $30 for 6 months. Hugh improvement from last year's rate. Thank you all who took time to share their tips and tricks.

Just renewed for $112.00 CDN including fees/taxes for 12 months. Regular renewal price was $247.00 CDN including fees/taxes for 12 months. Phone conversation lasted about 10 minutes. I hate having to go through this charade year after year.

$30 for 6 times 2 vehicles. Told the guy I want to pay what everyone else is paying and he found the deal quick. Total talk and hold time ~10 minutes.

I’m so glad I found this site, I bookmarked it.
I had an account in 2017, got a new car with a free all access trial in March of 2018, so on 7/23/18 my select package for 12 months was to start all over again for $117.91 including fees & taxes. There was a special on my account for the all access package for $120/year plus fees & taxes (total $142), so I called today.
I told the customer service representative about the deals I read other people were getting and asked what she could do. She wouldn’t budge.
Finally I told her that I would pay it, but to credit my card the $117.91, and mail me a new bill with the new total and I’ll pay by check. All of a sudden she asks if I’ll hold. She comes back and tells me she got the extra cost waived and the total I’ve paid up to date (117.91) is what they can offer me for 12 months of all access, and that includes fees & taxes. I accepted.
Wow, there’s they key. They want your credit card for auto renewal. I’ll just have to set a reminder for next year to call and play the game again.

First offer, 1 year for $99. Nope.
Second offer, 5 months for $25. Nope, want to keep 6 month renewal cycle.
Third offer, 6 months for $30. Yup.

Once again, using your number I got the $99.00 annual promotion that I wanted. I have been doing this since 2012 and have never been refused. Less than 10 minutes and I was done.
Thank you for this web site.

I just called and got 6 months for $30 for 2 cars. It only took 10 min. They will offer you higher options, just keep saying NO.

$35 Total 6 month for All Access : Car & Computer/iPhone/Alexa (no extra tax or royalties) The call lasted ONE HOUR & 13 Minutes! These people shovel horrific horse manure on me every time my 6 month “special” expires. I loathe them! (But, I adore Dr. Billy on Dr. Radio!) Thx for this terrific site :-)

I lost connection - called them and they 'troubleshooted' the problem - still no radio - they want me to take it to the dealer to get it checked out - THE CAR DEALER......really? I guess good-bye radio.

whenever I call and get either a 5 month or 6 month reduced rate I immediately add something to my google calendar with a link to this site to call the day before. Been doing it a couple of years now. Now that I have two vehicles I'm going to go for the 2 for $30 for 6 months. BTW my calls are usually pretty quick because I use the justification that I have Spotify Premium (which I do) and can just stream Spotify Radio if I really want music.

I just got $30 for six months. I’m sure I could’ve spent another 20 minutes on the phone and saved another 3 to 5 dollars, but it just wasn’t worth it I just got $30 for six months. I’m sure I could’ve spent another 20 minutes on the phone and saved another 3 to 5 dollars, but it just wasn’t worth it.

$33/6 mo plus taxes and fees. Didn't beat around the bush, didn't have to listen to the CSR's promotions. I went right after the 6 month deal and she said ok. And this time, they offered to allow me to use my credit card for a one-time fee, then my card is removed from their system and my renewal will not be automatically charged to it. Call lasted 13 min.

My 1 year promotional deal was going to be up September 17, 2018 and they were going to charge me $299.99 after taxes for a full year all access. I called and stated that I was not going to pay that and needed to cancel if she would not work a deal out with me. Her first option was $126.00 all access for 1 year before taxes. I replied NO. Her second option that she offered was $124.82 all access for 1 year, I said no, and tried for a third option but she was not able to offer another, so I went ahead and took option 2. So I am now only paid $124.82 for 1 year all access

I got a little surprise, when I told them that I was not renewing as I had Amazon Music. The person started cancelling my service and I had to interrupt her to say, 'aren't' you going to come back with an counter offer.' She then started playing the renewal game and after rejecting her $33 for 6 month fees and taxes, I asked for a $25 plan, which she gave for 5 months. Total cost with fees and taxes $31.66. That is fine with me. I renew using 6 month or 5 months, which ever comes up first with the better price. (She did scare me at little that she was going to shut off my service as she did not counter immediately).

Back