How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

9 minutes. got Sirius select $30/6 months pretty fast. they started at $99 dollars and i countered with the $30/6 month offer i keep getting for a radio/car i don’t own anymore. i tried to see if they would double it to $60/year but they wouldn’t. only downside is in 6 month have to go through this again.

I bought a car in January, 2016 and was given a 3 months' free subscription. They called me when that was getting ready to expire and offered me several different options, the best being 6 months of All Access for $56.94 including all fees. Since then, I have called and renewed every 6 months and have always paid that same amount for All Access, as it worked out the best of all the options they offered.

My plan was about to auto-renew tomorrow (5/1) at $25/month, so I called to request the same rate. The first representative said she couldn't do that, but implied that if I was going to cancel, she would transfer me to another representative who could 'talk' to me about it. I ran through the same thing with the second agent, who said the best she could do was $64.31 with all fees, but spoke to a supervisor who gave an additional credit down to $54 for everything.

Be polite, but insistent, and they will eventually give you a much better rate than they initially offer.

I get All - Access for $119.88 plus the royalties and taxes. Which is ok with me, because I can now listen on the phone, computer and Alexa, and I get ALL the channels.
When I pay, I use the Sirius XM Gift Card from Best Buy. This way there is no credit card on file. I avoid the $2.00 invoice charge by calling about a month before the due date and re-requesting the same deal. Works every time. Using the number you show, or asking for 'retention department' greatly reduces the wait time and stress...
Thanks!

Best Buy sells the Sirius XM Gift Card. Pay with that by entering it into the online account. I make sure I have at least $150 in gift card balance when I call and they always give me the All-Access plan for $119.88. The Royalty fees (in 2018, they're 19.3%) and Sales Tax are extra. I pay $145.93 with everything. The Retention Department people are in Canada, so they're easier to understand.

has anyone received a good deal on an all access pass for 2 radios? Right now I'm paying $46mo (yes it's ridiculous....) and getting ready to call to 'cancel'

Wifes car had 1 year free which expires in few days. Ive had sirius for several years in my car. Would I be better off adding her radio to my account or making a new seperate account? I was doing the $25 for 5 months for last couple years then got the $60 year near christmas. Not sure what deals I can get for 2 radios

I am on a free trial from buying a car. I am not in the car that much but use the phone app all day, listen to Stern the most. When my trial ends can I extend all access as streaming only? I have an offer of 6 months for $50 I guess I should get a prepaid card and take that maybe?

Just completed my renewal in under 5 min. Got $99 promo plus fees- total $125. Great deal compared to what have been $234!

Works like a charm. 7 minutes on the phone. Just told the CSR I got my renewal notice and wanted to cancel. He immediately offered a renewal promotion for All Access plan for 12 months service - $142.78 all fees and taxes. Thanks!!

Just got All Access (6 Months) for $54.48 (I had a $5 credit that is included in that price). I called the number above and talked to the operator who answered and told them I would cancel if the price was too high. Was off the phone in less than 10 minutes.

Just called: my 6 months Select for 2 vehicles for 92$ all taxes and fees in was expiring in a few days, the first rep I got for renewal was like hmm theres no better rates why don't you switch to just music plan for 10$ month. I kept asking for a better deal and she transferred me to someone extremely helpful. The new person had to ask the supervisor about extending my current deal because it was 'expired'. Turns out she came back to me with a better deal of 80$ total for 6 months Select for 2 vehicles. Just have to call back in Novemver before it renews for 194$ again

My 3-month free trial was up next week so I called today and got 6 months of select for a grand total of $35.66. Took 9 minutes from dial to hang-up. At first, she just offered the select and mostly music packages at full price. I was straight and said I saw online about a 6 month for $30 of select deal. She instantly said OK I can give you that. Easy

Been playing this game ever since I 2014. Current rate quote after promo is quoted over $300 for one car. No way. Great idea with the Best Buy gift cards by the way. Went to Best Buy and purchased 2 $50's and 1 $30.

Currently on the All Access plan which was renewed last year for $119. CSR was very friendly - I assume they now come to expect these calls daily. I just explained that my account was up for renewal,and the cost was way to high. Asked if he could provide me with options. He originally offered me the same deal as last year, but I balked and requested the 6 month $49 deal, which he happily offered. With fees and taxes came to $58.36 less my 14 day prorate was $54.97. Redeemed two gift cards, which left me a credit. Redeemed the third gift card online, so I'm all set in six months. Calendar marked.

Note: Read a few posts about removing your credit card info. This is impossible. You cannot remove, and you cannot change to a 'fake' one. Best bet is if you already have one on there, change it to a pre-paid, which will knock out the legit one. Keep a dollar on the pre-paid. This way they cannot 'auto' charge you in case you 'get hit by a bus' and forget to call at the end of the term. The transaction will fail with insufficient funds. And use Best Buy gift cards.

This is my 1st time purchasing the Sirius service and these two posts below helped me to get this exact ALL Access deal just now - THANK YOU!!!

I bought the Sirius cards from Best But last night, loaded them online ($150), Total package was($119.88) $142.78 with fees) leaving a balance on my acct of $7.22 and it wouldn't let me check out without a credit card, I initiated a chat and explained that I can't complete transaction with a credit card and want to be invoiced and they took care of it right away. Took 10 minutes tops.

Guest Guest - 4 days ago
Best Buy sells the Sirius XM Gift Card. Pay with that by entering it into the online account. I make sure I have at least $150 in gift card balance when I call and they always give me the All-Access plan for $119.88. The Royalty fees (in 2018, they're 19.3%) and Sales Tax are extra. I pay $145.93 with everything. The Retention Department people are in Canada, so they're easier to understand.
Guest Guest - 5 days ago
I get All - Access for $119.88 plus the royalties and taxes. Which is ok with me, because I can now listen on the phone, computer and Alexa, and I get ALL the channels.
When I pay, I use the Sirius XM Gift Card from Best Buy. This way there is no credit card on file. I avoid the $2.00 invoice charge by calling about a month before the due date and re-requesting the same deal. Works every time. Using the number you show, or asking for 'retention department' greatly reduces the wait time and stress...
Thanks!

Did a search on 'how to get a discount on an existing Sirius subscription' and this was the third result. So glad I found this!!! Needed to call to cancel service on a vehicle we no longer own anyway. I followed the above steps. My subscription runs about $220/year. I walked away with 6 months for $63.11 (this includes fees). I am also going to do as the previous poster suggested and get the prepaid cards from Best Buy. Thanks to all for your input!!!

Just got off the phone with a Sirius xm retention person. I had a 3 year plan for my truck & the renewal came today: $501.60 for 3 more years. No offer of lower was made, a change of plan was suggested – 1 year for well over $ 300 . They were uninterested that they were about to loose a long time customer. I'm sick of this crap from Sirius XM - they treat their oldest customers like junkies needing a fix while all their best offers go to newbies.

Back