How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

3 radios. 75.00 per year each including taxes and fees. 21 minutes on the phone. I am not fond of this BS dance but they will just keep raising your price until you call.

Well worth visiting this page when it's time to renew. Based on the information I saw here, I was able to get 12 months for $60 plus fees. The rep started with 12 months for $109, then went to $99, then tried the 5 months for $25, which I would have been happy with. But seeing that I could extend that same $5 per month price to 12 months for $60, reducing the number of times I have to jump through the hoop, I pushed and got that rate. Thanks to all who contribute here!

just got select plan 12 mo for $60..same as others, they offered the 5 for $25 and I asked if they could do the same rate for 12..

This was a great suggestion! They offered $99/year, then went down to $25/5month, then $60/year!

Check this every year when coming due again! Took about 25 minutes, but most of the time was being on hold (evening). Rep said could only do 6 months at $30 for Select and that the 12 months at $60 was a holiday promotion, but I said a friend just got the deal. So this 'one time' they would allow it. Might have been 5 minutes once talking with rep. Did have to have card on file to get deal (or that is what they said).

I have had the all access package but didn't really need it any longer so I dropped down to the Select package. Rep quoted me $191 for a year, then $99 for a year, but thanks to others on this page that secured a lower price (which I told the rep), I too was able to get the select package for $60 for 12 months.

Amazing. I'm surprised at how much I've been paying, and all it took was a call. I've been auto-renewing at 95.94 tx every 6 months (so embarrassed) and a call to the rep has me billed at $30/6 months. Can't believe it, thanks for this.

Took me 11 min and I got $60/year for Select. Automated system I said retention, took me straight to a rep and requested to cancel based on price. They offered $99, I declined that. Then I requested the $60/year based on what others have been able to receive and that I am just as valuable customers as they are. She put me on hold for 15 seconds and came back and said okay I can give you $60 for the year.

This worked...thank you! I was able to renew both of our cars for $60 each (Select package) for 12 months instead of paying the renewal rate of $230 each...a huge savings!!

Totally just used the online chat and got the $60 for 12 months deal foe Select. Ended up being 71.46. I just chatted 'Ohh my bestie just got this deal yesterday, I guess there were better deals' and magically the deal was found took less then 10 mins to complete :)

It worked! I got 12 months for $60 fees (about $67 total). I was on the phone for about 10 minutes total.

Started off with mailed bill of $124.39 for 6 months (not sure if that included taxes/ fees). Just called & they started with 'special service promotion' for 12 months for $109 taxes/ fees. Then went down to 6 months for $54 plus taxes/ fees. Then went down to 'special limited offer' for 12 months at $5 a month so 12 months at $60 plus taxes/ fees. Total of $76.45. Thanks, previous posters, for the tips!

Call went right to Customer Service, I didn't need to pick any options. Said I couldn't afford renewal price and should probably cancel. She offered $99 tax/fees for 12 months Select. I said 'I heard you have a plan that's $5 a month.' Rep offered six months for $30. I asked for 12 months for $60. She said let me check. Didn't put me on hold. 10 seconds later she said she could do 12 months for $60 for Select. A credit card on file was required. I asked her to break down the taxes and fees. There was a $3 fee for payment processing. I told her that I wasn't willing to pay that, so she waived it. Total call time was 8 minutes.

WOW I am an old pro at this but CSR promised credit card for one time payment $71 for select so I did it. THEY LIED. It will not come off. Fortunately, CC expires on 4/18 so it cannot be reused, but look at this chat! OMG.
I see that you have activated the special offer on the your radio and for this credit card should be on file and system will not allow us to remove the card.
Visitor (16:31:24 GMT) : BS I will call the Attorney General of my state. REMOVE MY CARD I DO NOT AUTHORIZE ANY FRUTHER USE. I WAS promised by you agent that it was a one time charge.
Victor (16:32:44 GMT) : I understand your concern.
Auto-Generated Message (16:32:50 GMT) : Visitor has requested for email transcript. The email will be automatically sent after the interaction is wrapped up.
Visitor (16:33:35 GMT) : Contacting legal authorities. with a copy of this chat. XM lies. I have the agent recorded 'one time charge' 'will not be kept on file'
Visitor (16:34:18 GMT) : YOUR OWN WEBPAGE
Visitor (16:34:22 GMT) : Can I pay by check or money order? Yes you can. If you elect to pay your automatically renewing plan by check or money order, or if you request an invoice, there is a $2.00 invoice administration fee plus applicable taxes for each invoice rendered, except where prohibited. Click here to chat with a Listener Care agent who can set you up to pay by invoice
Victor (16:34:48 GMT) : I understand.
Visitor (16:35:11 GMT) : fix it talk to manager
: I understand you want to remove the credit card from the account, is that correct?
Visitor (16:44:41 GMT) : correct as promised and as is your written policy per above.
Vijendra (16:45:37 GMT) : I see however, when we remove the credit card from the account, it has to be set to invoice billing. For this the standard charges are $2.
Visitor (16:46:17 GMT) : that is for the NEXT bill in one year. I already approved the $2 charge for the next invoice again per above chat
Vijendra (16:46:35 GMT) : Okay.
Vijendra (16:47:23 GMT) : Shall I set the payment type to Invoice now?
Vijendra (16:47:49 GMT) : You will be charged $2 once a year.
Visitor (16:47:59 GMT) : yes
: I tried to change the payment type to invoice however our system is not allowing us to do.
Visitor (16:52:49 GMT) : hilarious
Visitor (16:53:05 GMT) : Did you read your own policy I keep sending
Visitor (16:53:19 GMT) : 'yes you can' pay by invoice?
Vijendra (16:53:44 GMT) : Yes I have read the policy.
Vijendra (16:54:27 GMT) : However for your plan invoice billing is not applicable.
Visitor (16:54:43 GMT) : That is NOT what the policy says.
Visitor (16:54:52 GMT) : NO plans are excluded.
Visitor (16:56:31 GMT) : I am certain that legal authorities would have fun with a company keeping credit card info once paid without the customer's consent to be used for a future bill in a year. Customer wants it removed. AND was promised by rep it would be used only for a single charge. You have the recording as do I. I taped it.
Vijendra (16:57:01 GMT) : I understand your concern.
Vijendra (16:57:07 GMT) : I am sorry for all the trouble.

tried to chat with them....they would not bend...wanted to charge me $130 for 12 mo....told them I wanted my usual deal...she said 'SORRY'...I said 'SEE YA'..and ended chat after many times requesting a offer...Then waited an hour and called the xm number and told the lady i was totally confused at the rates and she of course tried giving me the $99 for a year..and I said 'NO' I don't do by the year...then she said 'OH' i have the 12 months for $5 available or 5 for 6mo......I knew as soon as she said...'let me check' i was in.....and they threw my new bill away that I forgot to renew on time....SWEET!!

Sirius Select Package: I did exactly as others have posted on here and it works! I got the Sirius select package with a family discount for 60 dollars plus fees for one year. Of course, the CSR started off with the 99 dollar deal then I haggeld saying I'm a 13 year subscriber and really just asked if there were any better deals and he came back with the 60 dollars for one year. I asked for two years at that rate but CSR said he could not do it. Also, I immediately asked to speak with someone in the U.S. and was transferred. Thanks to all who post on here.

I tried to get the $60/yr per radio deal on their chat line just now. The rep said I had a promotional deal for the past year so my renewal will be at the full price. I told him I will have to cancel then because of the regular price being too high. I have been a customer since 2002 with 2 radios. He said he couldn't handle my cancellation himself & suggested that I call customer service during their business hours. I will be trying for the $60 deal tomorrow on the phone. I hate having to play this game every year. UGH!!!!!!

Back