How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

I called earlier today and ended up getting one year for $60 plus tax and fees, so a total of $71 and change.

Just called and after some back and forth, got the $29.76 (including taxes, etc) for 5 months. That works out to about $5.90 a month. Got all access. I wish I had found this site before my call. I would have held out for the 12 month agreement for $71.28. Same price per month but would save me the jerking around I will get 5 months from now

used the chat option.....had a conversation with Harley.....got 12 mo. select package for 60.00.......71.16 with taxes/fees.

I called today and said I wanted to cancel.
Round 1 - 1 Year for $99
Round 2 - 6 Months for $49
Round 3 - 1 Year for $5 per month or 60 plus taxes and fees ($69.65)

Renewed both my vehicles, which had been on a 5 month plan at $25. Asked for that plan again and was offered one year at $99 for each. I declined that based on cost and was offered one year at $60 on each car. Roughly $76 after taxes and fees. And I don't need to do this again for a year.

I just called to renew and this is what happened, 1st call, I asked for the 12 months for 60.00, I was told that the Savenow5, was all I could get now, I mentioned Apple and I was told that it was not real competition etc.... I was told that 12 months was 99.99 tax and fees, I did not accept.
2nd call, called right back got another csr and asked if they had multiple car discounts, I was offered $60.00 tax and fee $71.48 for each car for 12 months.

2/26/2018 - Called about 5 days before my current subscription ended. I let him quote the normal price. 'Gee, that's too much'. So then he quoted the $99 for a year. I said 'I've been seeing $60 for 12 months online' He 'checked' then gave it to me. $76 after fees and taxes.

I tried to get the online/app service added for free. He wouldn't budge on that.

I just got the same deal. No real negotiating at all. Just said I cannot afford what I paid last year or the renewal price listed on my account. She went away from the phone for a moment, came back said 30.00 for 6 months, and I asked is there a yearly price, and she said yes, 60.00. I accepted that price and had already updated my card to be charged in my account, since they charge your card the day you call.

Just to add to the group, it was two days before my subscription renewal and I called the cancellation phone number on their website. Told them I wanted to cancel. The agent asked to put me on hold, then came back and said I could get my previous annual 'promotional rate of $99 plus taxes' (about $120). I said I had been seeing '6 months for $30 promotions' and could they just go ahead give me 1 year for $60?' She 'checked' my account and then said yes. No haggle, no hassle, first phone call. Ultimately, she gave me an additional credit of $15 (I have no idea why) so my new annual renewal cost became $56.56 total including taxes. Definitely worth the 5 minutes I spent on the phone.

2/26/2018 - Called about 5 days before my current subscription ended. I let him quote the normal price. 'Gee, that's too much'. So then he quoted the $99 for a year. I said 'I've been seeing $60 for 12 months online' He 'checked' then gave it to me. $76 after fees and taxes.

I tried to get the online/app service added for free. He wouldn't budge on that.

The Sirius home page has an offer for 6 months Select for $30 and All Access for $50. I read some person here got the All Access for $37, thats what i asked for and they agreed. They gave me a few bucks credit for my 2 weeks remaining on my existing trial account and credited me the rest. I have been doing trial accounts for the past 9 years. This deal is by far the best.

I just called and was able to whittle the rep down to the select for 12 mos for $60 plus fees & taxes minus the couple of days credit for my remaining subscription. The total renewal cost was $65.38 after a few rounds of haggling. Thanks so for the tips! I thought I was getting such bargain last year renewing for $99 plus fees & taxes without and credits...

spent about 15 minutes on the phone and got the same deal as I've had for the last two years. $135 for one year of All Access including streaming

I called 2/27/18. Last year for all access $153.13, renewal $332.43. Negotiated $149.50 for year going forward. [Just a note- my online invoice shows state and city tax. My city has no tax and the state tax shown is well over our state tax of 6%. The rep very quickly credited out the tax charges- I think they know they're fraudulent.]

2/28/18 Called and asked for 12 mo. for $60. was offered 12 mo. for $109. Politely said I was prepared to cancel so he went back and got me 12 months for $60 plus fees and tax = $76.90 with the price popping up to the 'current rate' in 12 months. But now I'm saved a call for 12 months. I asked about the higher taxes and he said that was MN. Who knows, but it works for me.

Lol I just hung up with the rep from SirisXm he is giving me a 12 month promo for a total of $67.89 Select SiriusXm. He mentioned a couple opf times since I've had thier service for years to keep this between him and me. He also said I will receive a survey and to please give him a rating of 5 to help him this month. Sure I'll play the little game with them I don't care. I negoiated better than last years rate of $99 plus taxes and fees.

3/1/18. Called in and got a variety of different offers (1 year for $115, then 1 year for $99, then 6 months for $35) .

I was already on the $30 for 6 months plan, so I asked if that was available and was told yes. I then asked if I could get $60 for 12 months since it was the same per month cost and was told that plan isn't valid for my radio. I didn't feel like arguing since at that point I had only been on the phone 2 minutes and the per month cost was the same, it just means I need to call back in 6 months rather than a year. I'm not sure why they wouldn't give me the 12 months for $60 plan though.

I never listen to music on SiriusXM anyway since the quality is quite poor. I just listen to news and comedy stations.

Back