How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

On 2-11-18 Just got 12 mo. Select @$60.00 tax=$68.34 total. They required a credit card-so be sure to cancel a couple weeks before expiration.

Boss. So much easier than having to use Spotify or IHeart via my phone, and they get to the 2nd deal pretty quickly.

One point - you are best to call close to your renewal date, I called today 2 months early, and they had to start the new 6-month deal today (while giving me a credit for the 2 months unused on my previous trial.)

But better to call early than to get hit with full fare at the end of the 6-month term!

Called 3 days before the end of my current subscription (All Access). Offered me $25 for 6 months for basic or can get All Access again for $50 for 6 months. Took less than 2 minutes, offered it right off the bat, no haggling on my part at all. I took the All Access, I like to listen on my iphone app when inside the office.

Called in today for the same thing as everyone else, 6 months for $30. The rep asked to place me on hold while he looks to see if the promo is still available (yea right). 2 minutes later he came back and offered 5 months for $25 to which I declined. He said he that the 6 month for $30 was not offered anymore and he would cancel my account and placed me back on hold for around 3 minutes. The next thing I hear is a supervisor got on the line. I asked why he was brought into the call? He said that the rep said I demanded a manager to which I told him I did not. All of a sudden the promo was available. $30 for 6 months for a total of $34.10 including tax. Just stand firm and demand they cancel your service and they will offer you the 6 months at $30.

Just negotiated my renewal to after my initial 6mo to 1yr/ $68.34 with fee and taxes included. Told them the $119 offer was too high for what I listen to .

Received 1 year for $60. The catch was that I have to keep my credit card on file.

Called in this morning for my renewal - expires in 4 days. I was able to get $30 including taxes and fees for 6 months. Took about 15 minutes. A few 'on holds' to talk to his supervisor. Just be patient and they will give you the all in $30 price.

this worked! I called today and they gave me one year of the full access plan for $120! awesome!

Bedore calling, I decided to be firm, but friendly. The rep was very friendly, but he could tell I was holding out for their best offer which was $5/month for 12 months. With taxes and fees, the total was $71.15! Well worth the ten-minute investment!

I have been offered the 5 months for $25 for over 3 years now so today they immediately offered to renew at same rate for 5 months but offered full access ( including streaming) at $10 / month for 6 months. I countered at 12 months for $60 at same rate of $5 / month to which was easily accepted.. Now I have a full year before calling again.

The Sirius home page has an offer for 6 months Select for $30 and All Access for $50 (today 2/19/18). I went to my account and checked my current All Access subscription which expires 2/20. The offer to renew for $30 Select was there so I clicked for details. When I did a 'back' to get to the previous page I got a pop-up message...'Wait, if you subscribe now we'll give you 6 months of Internet Radio free'. So I clicked on that and signed up for 6 mo. of All Access for $37. So no hassle on the phone to cancel and haggle. I even got a credit for the 1 day left on my prior subscription.

Great post and thread. Just called and got the same positive results as the entries below. I called that number above, and was offered 6 months for $30. I asked if they could give me that same rate for the year, and save me a phone call, and after a brief wait she noted the 'limited time offer', and gave me 12 months for $60. With taxes, fees, and credit for the time remaining on my current subscription, I got 12 months for about $71.50. Took less than 10 minutes.

This is good information and proved to be very helpful. I was able to renew my plan for 12 months at the $60 cost. Play the game and save the money.

I called today and they gave me one year of the full access plan for under 100.00!! Worth the time

I called in today to get my 6 months for $30 renewed as I have been doing for the last several years. The person I got on the phone checked several times and said she could only get me 6 months for $33. I went ahead and cancelled because she kept saying that was the best she could do. After I finished with her and had my confirmation number for the cancellation I called right back. Talked to someone else and told him I was calling to renew like always and said I have been getting the 6 months for $30 and wanted that again or even better if I could get 12 months for $60. I let him know I've been with XM for 9 years and would like to stay a customer but I wanted the $5 offer. He said he could do the 6 months for $30 right away so I asked why I couldn't do 12 for $60 then as it's still the same $5/month. He checked, took less than 30 seconds and came back with an okay. I just wish they didn't play these games every time. At least now I don't have to call back again for a year.

I called Feb 22 2018.
Round 1=12 mos. $109
Round 2=6 mos select @ $33 = $39.12 inc. music fees
Round 3 = 12 mos select billing $5/mo., suddenly 'Oops not available'
Round 4 = 12 mos select @ $60 = $71.28 incl tax/fees.
Accepted that.

Back