How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just had two cars renew for 6 months at standard rates yesterday. Called yesterday and again today and they would only offer 6 months for $33 fees&taxes or 5 months for $28. Over and over they pushed that and would not give me either 6/$30 or 5/$25. Cancelled both cars! I am done with their BS.

Got the $29 for 6months deal in mail but I really want the “All access” package with streaming. They offered me $49 for 6 months. Is this a good deal?

Just called. Was told the only short-term promotion available was 6 months for $49. When I asked to continue with the cancellation, the representative offered 5 months for $30 including tax.

Annual event for me. I called the number on my renewal email and said I needed to cancel due to the much higher cost. I was offered the same price as last year ($99 plus fees). I explained how much I loved listening in the car, but would like to continue the experience with the app and streaming. She offered to charge me a little more to upgrade ($25). I asked if they could simply offer the All Access for the same price. She 'checked' with her manager and came back with the All Access package for $99 plus fees. Not as cheap as the 5 and 6 month deals, but now I have a year of All Access and can finally stream in the house! Very happy. The rep was super nice and I was super nice back. It was a pleasant experience. Annoying to need to do it, but thankfully they reward our efforts.

Just called. After the annual negotiations and being put on hold several times (to speak with a supervisor...ugh), I got 12 months for $100 each for two cars including taxes and fees (this is good because fees are $$$$) and this is for all access!!!

This is also an annual event for me and it's always worked but this year they would not budge from an annual price of $163 for all access. They did try to offer 6 months for $28 but honestly I don't want to deal with this in another 6 months so I let them cancel it. I'm guessing I'll start getting offers now to rejoin but this is a joke that they play this game. Just charge the right price to begin with! Apple Music is $10 a month and way more convenient. Get with the program Sirius.

Just got a renewal letter. Have a 3 month trial for free for the highest package. They offer a select for 99 for a year, but no streaming. Wtf? Your lowering my package? Not nice. I wanted streaming but they said there are no offers for the other packages. Just gonna let the freaking thing lapse. It’s too much work to have to PAY for radio. If it’s cheap enough I’d buy it but no thanks.

Also a yearly event for me same time every year. Offered me the $99/year first and then $50/6 months (why would anyone pay $1 MORE on their 2nd try?!), and then finally the $25/5 months. Took mere minutes, didn't have to ask, just kept saying it was too expensive for me. I've only ever actually had to cancel one time, every other time I've called they are fine with offering you a better deal. I don't like being on a 5 month plan as that just means I have to call sooner and more often HOWEVER it is very worth the savings, considering my renewal notice was at just over $200 for the year. Even the guy I told I was cancelling said that was too expensive!!

Just got off the phone. Only took 9 minutes total. They wanted to auto-renew me for 1 car, All Access pkg for $273.22. I told them this was too expensive. They offered me one year for $136.54. I told them this was still too expensive. The offered me 6 months for $52.46 which I accepted, still for 1 car and All Access pkg.

So I got 6 months at the rate of $5/mo. I just renewed 2 radios, each at the '6 Month Select' promo for $29.94 fees and taxes = $35.98. I have gotten this promo for 3x now with my call to cancel before the renew date.

Trying to get 1 year All Access and they offered me $120 plus a ton of fees. Said no way. They came back with $50 for 6 months. Said nope, will cancel. Keep in mind that $1 a month fee starts 11/15 (so $12 a year). Trying to lock in rates now before increase.

Called yesterday and didn't get what I wanted which was All Access at $99.99 a year and would have paid the fees/taxes of $28. Called back today and got phone rep John. Not only did I get All Access for a year at $99.99, that also includes all taxes and fees ($28 ). So I saved $28 and the $1 a per month service fee increase starting 11/15. So total savings were around $40. Just be super nice to your rep. Wow. This site is great - thanks for the help!!

Called them, they were very difficult. Was not happen. And fed up after 40 minutes.

I cancelled. Sorry XM

2017: Was told they no longer offer the $25 package. Cancelled Sirius. Was told my one rep I could get a refund by calling back and asking for it. When I called back and spoke to a rep I was told I could not get my refund of $10 because I had a promotional package. Not pleased. Won't renew if it was the last radio station on earth!

Just called and got a great CSR...we had to go over all three offers but ended up with the $25 for 5 months. She was very polite and with the holidays coming it was easy to sell having to cut back on expenses.

This seems to be an annual ritual --- but I did better this year than last. $99 fees = $112 but got All Access with streaming ability. Previously just had the base plan. I tried to get 6 months for $25 but was told that promotion is not available. Actually, I'm happy to just do this once a year!

Back