How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Sirius xm sux. Use Pandora its free. I was on customer service call with a guy that couldnt even hardly speak English. When I told him I wanted to speak to someone over him he refused. That was a huge sign to say stick WITH Free streaming PANDORA. I love Pandora radio.

Called in today and got the XM Select for 1 year for $99 tax (about $113 total). I mentioned that other folks were getting 5 months for $25 but he didn't bite at that and reiterated the $99/year. I think I probably could have pushed but I recognized that calling every 5 months to haggle was probably more than I could keep up with so I went with the year and will happily keep chillin' in Margaritaville. :))

Just got 6 months for $30 on two radios. Sending me a paper bill. They also waived the $2 fee to send the bill. Just have to say your not paying the fee.

Renewed for $30 for 6 months. They also waived the $2 fee to send me a paper bill. All I had to do is say I was not going to pay the fee. No push back.

The rep I got this morning gave me a hard time and kept pushing other 'deals' and I kept asking for the 6 months for the 6 months 'Select Plan' for $25. He asked me multiple times what the reason was for it. I kept saying the price but he asked for more reasons. He finally gave me 5 months for $25. I've been doing this renewal for 4 years and this was the most annoying rep so far.

I got the 25 pkg but was charged royalty fee of $3.47 and taxes and $19.43 taxes and fees total for 5 months was $47.50. Did anybody have this happen?

Just used the above number for the 4th year and renewed my all access package for the same price I had on promotion which was $ 120 per year, The new price was $ 119.88 Royalty Fees of $ 16.88. The email bill they sent me was for going to be $ 273 with fees.

Took 45 min to get to it but finally got renewals discounted...(1) All Access for 6 mos (includes service to portable Sirius radio & streaming) free installation of the portable radio (had to ask to get the $7.95 shipping of the installation card waived) for $49.99 (they allowed for the 5 mos @$25 but that didn't include the streaming & installation of the portable radio) renewal on a 2nd radio of $30 for 6 mos (they agreed to the 5 mos @ $25 but I told them that I wanted both to expire @ the same time.) Our current contract wasn't expiring for another 6 weeks so they applied the credit for the remainder of that more expensive agreement. They also waived the $2 invoice fee (per subscription) since I paid over the phone with a credit card.

Just renewed for 5 mo @ $25 taxes/fees. Went thru an initial CSR who offered me nothing but transferred me to retention department when I told him to cancel the service. That rep started @ $99/yr and got progressively better as I refused each offer until he got to the offer I accepted above. I typically have them paper invoice me but didn't want to pay the $2 fee. Instead, I authorized a one time CC charge and avoided the fee. $28.24 total for 5 months.

Signed up with a promo rate for $30 for 6 months. Requested a cancellation effective the day before rebill to not be rebilled. Got to car, didn't work. Called, got a indian, asked for a onshore rep, finally got a red blooded american. Asked for me to futz with my radio to get a radio id number. Told him to use the info attached to my account from when i bought the car. He gave me lip so i told him to cancel. He offered me $99 for a year. I kept yelling cancel cancel cancel.... he kept offering me ****. Finally i said to him... I will either dispute the transaction or request a manager. he claimed to be a supervisor. Finally he stopped yapping and got to the cancelling.... OMG. Never sign up for sirius. Get pandora. Pay for it... Get happy

Just renewed for 30$ for 6 months. Barely took 5 minutes. First offered 99$ year, but I said no, I need the 6 for 30$ deal I just saw someone got I read about on line. Looked it up and said no problem. Was pleasant and helpful agent. I have done this for last 5 years without problem. If you get an agent who gives you a hard time. Just hang up and call back to get more reasonable assistance. They want your business...

I called the normal customer service number 866-963-4321. I do this each year and say the $273 is too much (All Access). First person took me to the pt where I had to say I'd cancel. She said okay but transferred me. The next person gave me All Access for one time 1 yr charge of $126 plus fees ($147 out the door).
I love listening to individual MLB games and online streaming on my phone too, so I consider it a great deal.

Just renewed two radios for $30 ea for 6 months per their current offer circulating of $30/6. I have an old radio I don't use and they send me 'special' offers to reactive it at least monthly. So if you stay hard and fast and don't mind letting the service lapse if you can't get $30/mo., let it lapse or try another agent. Took about 3 'nos' until I got to $30 - maybe 60 seconds.
Interestingly they told me that the next renewal would be for $63.52 for a year. We'll wait for confirmation to see if that's really correct.

I was offered the five-month deal for 24.99. What happens at month 6? How do I know what the prices will go up to then?

renewed xm select for $25/5months 3.46 taxes/fees. CSR first offered $99/1 year and i replied i'd like to keep it at $5/month (i already had the 25/5 promo). CSR immediately offered the same promo, no transfer to retention, no hassles.

Back