How to Get a Discount on Sirius XM Radio Subscription

Just got the $25 for 5 months but asking for it specifically. They went through two other promos first - $99 for one year, then $49 for 6 mon, then offered it without much argument after I mentioned it!

Just got Select for $30 for 6 months. Told rep up-front wouldn't pay $218 auto renewal price and if I didn't get 6 months for $30 to cancel. Took 5 minutes. (Have an old unused radio Sirius sends monthly e-mails to resubscribe for 5 months for $25 and lately 6 mo. for $30.) If the rep doesn't agree to 6 for $30 hang up and call another rep.

I cancelled my account about a week ago. They wanted $218, when I cancelled they offered half price. I cancelled anyway. Today I got an offer for 6 months for $30. Good enough. I generally like the service and 6 or 7 dollars a month is worth it for me.

At first they told me I can't have the 5/25 plan back to back to back. When I mentioned I would just cancel , they said they MIGHT be able to find a way to give me the 5/25 deal. She put me on hold and than came back and said she had filed a complaint with her supervisor and they gave me an exception and I should feel special that I was able to get this deal.

I listen to primarily the comedy channels. Got mine reduced to $125 annually.

Also, I asked them about their advertising for Commercial Free, and they play commercials 24 hours a day. She said she would send my questions to the appropriate department. I asked her to please have them email me with their response.

thanks, just called and got $30 for 6 months...They offered me $99 for 1 year and i just told them $30 for 6 months was all i wanted. put me on hold for 2 min. and came back a said ok...

Got the auto-renew email, called and got the $99 deal for XM Select. Note: They started it as of TODAY even though my auto-renew would have been 9/1. So I could have waited a month.

Worked perfectly...first operator tried to get me to go for regular price with 3 months free...still close to $200 for a year. Said wanted to cancel and immediately had a person who offered $99 for year or $36/six months. Thanks!

5 months for $25.00! You just have to remember to call before they automatically renew and put your account on a higher priced plan. Great information, thanks

I had Select for 6 months for $27 and some change total with taxes and fees. Renewal was $114.35. Called and threatened to cancel. Offered me the $99/yr. Told them that was double what I had paid. Would not go back to $25/ 6mo. but agreed to $35.81 for 6 mo. Taxes and fees included.

Thank you. I always use your site to check the latest deals before I call 'them' to negotiate. Got $30 for 6 months. But I threatened to cancel 3 different times during the 20 minute phone call as the rep tried different tactics to get me to pay more money. Hate calling those people every six months......it's like dealing with a crooked used car salesman!

I renewed at the intro rate: $36 for 6 months. I just said I would not renew unless I got a better deal than $20/month. However they would not auto-renew this rate every 6 month -- I have to call again.

Just renewed . got 37.59 for 6 mo including taxes.One agent, was persistent. Thanks!!

I just signed up for 6/$30. they told me after the 6 months I would be charged $19.94. I told them no, that they needed to call me to see if I was renewing. Instead they switched me to the line to cancel. We agreed to remove my credit card, and I would need to call back to renew.

Had success to get the CSR to drill down to the $25/5 months deal. Just say 'naw, that's too much, just cancel' at each step down the price ladder until you get offered the $25 a month (plus taxes etc, so $26.86 total for 5 months) deal.

Previously I had $118.41/year X2, they wanted $218.55 and $150.21 to renew the two cars. That wasn't going to happen.

Note this is for SiruisXM Select, not all-access, and I don't take the streaming service since most places I work at, there isn't any data service.

I got that rate for both cars on the account. It won't auto-renew at that rate, of course. But for a 5 minute phone call, definitely a good ROI on the time spent, and since they mail me a bill anyway a month prior, it's not hard to put an alarm in the phone to call and negotiate the cost back down.

Got the $99 plan without any problems. I have used this phone number for over 4 years, Every time without any issues.
Thanks

Back